1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Interview for the gamedog members, if you care to participate.

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by mccoypitbulls, Jul 12, 2014.

1. ebady23

ebady23 Pup

Excuse the typos, above I meant...we have Cajun rules, why not fraternity rules.

2. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Nice guys. Rock n Rye and Ebady23 (CMT). EXCELLENT and open-minded content which should help increase participation to this good thread.

3. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Thanks you ebady.those are some great answers as well. I love to get the insight from folks and love it when folks elaborate on the families tight or crossed. Everyone so far kas had a couple similar answers and some that go their own direction. Diverse coverage creates room for growth.

4. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

One thing I like about the thread is that it doesn't create argumentation.....only opinion and view. Of course, there are always a few who could needle and cause such. I'll surely expunge any posts which do, as the thread has a chance to be one of the more interesting ones that beckons a lot of good participation and input.

5. gillagan

gillagan Big Dog

Just wanted to write a few basic questions..to generate good discussion.
    Maybe the more experienced folks can share some info and shed some light on things.

Feel free to add some of your own questions of interest.

Do you think the internet and technology has helped or harmed bout breed? Please explain.
    I think it is a double edge sword I think u should have a board threw invite for dog men. Not every person with a thought of a dog should post.

How do you feel about the mass production of the American Bully? I love it and even talk kids into getting them and I promote them.. Deep down in my hart I hate what they talk about because it's all so far from the truth I have a head ache when I'm done listening to them talk but it's just the same as talking to guy on here sometime.

What can be done to stop the Bully and the confusion it causes our breed?
    No confusion to our breed I like it to over shadow are breed .

Which registry do you feel has our breeds best interest in mind?
    None!

Do you feel conformation shows are needed to keep the breed true and the bullies from being mislabeled as APBT's?
    No I feel there are a few lines with in this breed first off u have the bullies, then you have pet bulls, and you have the pit bull. But lastly you have the gamedog no American added to it because I have had gamedogs that Speak Spanish, and many other languages so they are gamedogs.

What in your opinion is the best breeding of the last thirty years? Why?i would be a fool not to say my own yard we have a dog buy the name cream of the crop very good one he's down on tvks yard being breed to a lot if old stock.

How do you feel about the ADBA?
    I don't deal with them. So I have no feelings

How do you feel about the EBA?
    I don't care about them .

Which registry do you use ornlikenthe best?
    None, I feel a man that wants a dog from you should know what you have and spend time with the dogs they want so there will be no need for any registry.

What is your favorite line/strain/family of the APBT?
    I like the old alligator family of dog.

What cross do you feel has impacted the breed the most on record?
    Alligator/bullyson

Which breeder do you feel has /had the breeds best interest in mind?
    He's not a breeder but Danny burton

Who was your favorite dog of the past and why?
    Plumbers hands down.... Only the Eli dogs have had such an impact on the sport of gamedogs

Who is your favorite dog of today?
    My cream of the crop dog!

Who do you feel as a breeder has impacted the breed the most?
    Lester Hughes

Why do you feel the breed is in such a fragile position in this day and age?
    It's not as long as you protect what u have like it was gold ... Keep them put away

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Red
    No problem thank you .

6. keystone

keystone CH Dog

Feel free to add some of your own questions of interest.

Do you think the internet and technology has helped or harmed bout breed? Please explain.........yes its more easy to let the world know the truth.....beside that we where not talking here together if there was no it

bout the mass production of the American Bully?

Do you feel conformation shows are needed to keep the breed true and the bullies from being mislabeled as APBT's?.....NO

What in your opinion is the best breeding of the last thirty years? Why?
    the pure family's don mayfield created ...because this genes have overwon al the crosfamilies who send to europe in the 80 ties .

they met eli/bulys/hammond/patrick/and some more

oss do you feel has impacted the breed the most on record?

Which breeder do you feel has /had the breeds best interest in mind?......

te dog of the past and why?.......

og of today?

Who do you feel as a breeder has impacted the breed the most?...don mayfield

the breed is in such a fragile position in this day and age?

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Red

7. keystone

keystone CH Dog

Who do you feel as a breeder has impacted the breed the most?...don mayfield
    colby tudor heinzle

8. keystone

keystone CH Dog

lightning also of course .
    excely a cople of more who active before 1980 ......around the red river ....

9. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Gilligan.. Thanks a bunch. Awesome wnswers.

Keystone...great answers as well. Hoped to have more of them answered..but...maybe at.a later time.

10. Pirbul

Pirbul CH Dog

Do you think the internet and technology has helped or harmed bout breed? Please explain

I think internet its a double edged sword. If right manipulated it can ruin a breed like the APBT but in a good comunity is a tool to share information and our day-by-day with dogs..

With no internet we would have the same media(TV,etc) ruining APBT's name but w/o any way to replicate them, now with the internet it is possible for us to do so.

The important part is filtrate information and users.

How do you feel about the mass production of the American Bully?

I remember years ago when they used to sell those mutts using "pit bull XXL" "Monster Pit bull" and all that shit, that was the worst thing ever for our breed.

Now im glad they started using American Bully and started registering them as a separated breed.

But i feel sorry for them dogs, they sell for good money so peddlers and others are in the wagon for it, without care about health and a good life for a dog.

Educate,educate and educate. Without rest, explain and show to the people that those breeds are different using all tools available.

I support our ADBA Club in Spain and after talking with some judges i believe they have the passion to preserve this breed. I cant say they are the "best" because im not familiars with other registries.

Do you feel conformation shows are needed to keep the breed true and the bullies from being mislabeled as APBT's?

I believe conformation shows are important because it gives a place to everyone who wants to enjoy this breed and it shows how an APBT should look, and its nothing close to a Bully or those mutts i see on the streets.

I live in Spain and here you'll see lots of "pit bull type" dogs, their owners will say they are purebreed and that stuff. In September we doing our 12th Fun Show and we started in 2008.

Well, at first people didnt like to let "mutts" enter in conformation, but we knew that doing this.. people would realize about how a real APBT should look, and since then.. i've seen many people that started with a mutt, get a purebreed in the next purchase so our idea was succesfull and we are still working on it, we promote responsible ownership.

What in your opinion is the best breeding of the last thirty years? Why?

Cant really answer that but i believe the cross between Jeep/Redboy blood, Redboy/Jocko/Hollingsworth, Eli/Carver are the most notorius.

How do you feel about the ADBA?

I like them but i believe with just WP and conformation its not enough, i would add treadmill, wall climbing and even others to the mix, that would aim for a better dog and in my opinion the APBT is the "total package" breed.

I think this might change soon tho :)

How do you feel about the EBA?

I dont know what is EBA, sorry.

Which registry do you use ornlikenthe best?
    ADBA.

What is your favorite line/strain/family of the APBT?
    Eli/carver/bolio and i would like to try Jeep/Rascal/Redboy in the future.

What cross do you feel has impacted the breed the most on record?
    I've replied this one before :D

Which breeder do you feel has /had the breeds best interest in mind?
    I really like G.Hammonds reads and is a great breeder so i think he not only did show his work was succesful but used his time to share and educate people.

Who was your favorite dog of the past and why?

I really like Chinaman, Buck and Jeep. They were complete and sucesfull producers that still remain today.

Who is your favorite dog of today?
    Cant tell you just one, so i'll keep it for myself :D

Who do you feel as a breeder has impacted the breed the most?
    Earl Tudor with Dibo, i believe thats where all started... not saying others before or after didnt have an impact but if you track all of the families of today they all almost have in common the name Tudor.

Why do you feel the breed is in such a fragile position in this day and age?

Irresponsible ownership / breeders and the media interest in create a smoke wall when they want to redirect people's attention, at least in Spain.

11. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Big thanks to you also pirbull. Great answers.its good to hear from y'all. Hope his keeps on rollin

12. keystone

keystone CH Dog

last qeustion of the interview .

what excektly are you doing with the big spons ful of fresh water in the corner ??

13. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Keystone..that's a cheap was to go..lol

14. STONEY

STONEY Pup

why don mayfield?

15. keystone

keystone CH Dog

try to be a little les stoned and read the board lol

16. keystone

keystone CH Dog

thats funny lol
    but now in real m.p

17. keystone

keystone CH Dog

special for bleu 8 and anybody who wants .
    wich saison the year is the best to make weight
    if you don't know bleu8 wil tel you in a pm .
    so can you write it here

18. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Bump. Views without extreme argumentation and hearsay. Needs to thrive. Many of us would like to see more participation on this thread. Nothing to prove. No sides to take. Just of interest. TY.

19. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I think the state of the breed has changed because of media exposure. Long ago the only people concerned with pit dogs were the people who doing the pitting. These days its not the case, as dog matching has been painted in the same light as drug smuggling, murder and racketeering. You have a group of "crusaders" that are looking crucify people who match dogs. Only prob with the crusade is typical of the govt, no evidence is neccasaary, if you have a yard of bulldogs, you are a multi state dogfighting ring. If your dogs aren't fat, their neglected, god forbid a scar or scratch, you were caught in the pit!! To this extent I believe the internet has hurt the breed, those that should know should know... And those that don't.... Well....

20. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

........Bumping it up to the top........