1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Interview for the gamedog members, if you care to participate.

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by mccoypitbulls, Jul 12, 2014.

1. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Thank you for taking the time also grabo..this d
    Time is the charm mud..

2. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

I hear you Brotha. This is my first smart phone lol. I hadn't had a cell for yrs. Got this thing and it's got me feeling like the dumbest mofo with a smart phone.

3. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Come on, guys and girls. This is a well rounded and fun thread if you choose to participate in that sort of thing............which I personally believe is pretty good for the board overall.
    Bump. Let's roll. I know you want your opinions heard and want to share your feelings about this and that. SO, C'MON! Others will appreciate hearing your take on things.

4. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I feel the american bully is really causing confusion as to what an APBT is. I think the internet has helped as much as its hurt and vice versa, it became easy for people that don't know much to sound like they do. And also provided a place for some to show how dumb they are. I'm not sure which registry has best intentions for the breed, I really don't use either of the ones out here. I feel the ADBA dropped the ball and began registering strictly for profit. I'm not sure which breeder has the breeds best interest in mind, I would hesitate to say any of the top names have the best interest in mind especially ones in business to sell dogs. I feel the breed isn't in a fragile state itself, its the type of people that have came into these dogs that brought all the negative attention.

5. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

As far as comment about breeders, probly ones with the breeds best interest in mind, few have heard of.

6. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Good synopsis IMO, Cage.You make a number of very good posts. I'd love to see you elaborate on this one a little more if you have time. :)

I, for one, like your insight on so many posts and feel you are a realist, which is pretty rare nowadays.

7. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Damn Cajun thats a GENIUS observation you opened my mind to...The best registry is probably on that persons garage door scribbled in a sharpie...

8. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

EP, it SURRRRRRE is.

9. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Thanks TDK and Cajun. I like how you put things things out there.
    I hear ya mudville..thanks for trying and hope it works out.

10. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I think that the breed is in such a bad place because of the elements that came into the dogs after the ban in 76. After the ban a lot of people got out of dogs due to illegality, and a lot of people coming in after that were willing to break the law because a lot of them we're already doing it in other areas. Now everyone thinks that dogs, drugs and guns go hand in hand. The media crucified MV and henceforth their was a rush to persecute other dog owners caught in similar situations. I feel that long ago these dogs weren't thought of as a way to glory, or a way to get famous. These days people are getting into dogs wanting to be known for matching dogs, IMO that's the last thing you do with an illegal venture. Nobody comes on this board and says "hey who's got the best coke on the east coast?" But will ask about the best dogs, and in theory there isn't much difference. As far as bullies go, I really dislike them with a passion. I feel like they are a disgrace to the true APBT, if they would change the name then I'd probly be more apt to accept their right to exist. As long as I don't have to own one then I'd be fine with them being here by a different name. But on the same note, on the random occasion someone see's one of my dogs, 80% don't believe its a bulldog, one thing I guess you could thank the bully for.

11. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

As far as favorite dog of the past, even with all the controversy surrounding him, I'd have to say Eli. And I'm being biased because of my experience with Eli dogs. I'd prob say that IMO the RB/Jocko cross was one of best that I've worked with hands on. Some of the gamest I've ever laid eyes on.

12. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I do try to look at everything from a realist point of view, I try to be honest with myself at all time!

13. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Do you think the internet and technology has helped or harmed bout breed? Please explain. Too much of anything is a bad thing is what my grandmother use to teach me.. I think it’s a great tool in some ways and harmful in others. Just like weapons, they have potential to be helpful and harmful.

How do you feel about the mass production of the American Bully? My biggest and only concern is that these dogs these bullies get labled as bulldogs which they are not.

What registry has our best interests in mind? I don’t believe any of them do at this point.

Do you feel conformation shows are needed to keep the breed true and the bullies from being mislabeled as APBT's? No, like others have stated I don’t think they have an effect at all. Confirmation shows never has and never will be what keeps the breed true.

Best breeding in the last 30 years: I don’ there is a best breeding, now on the other hand there has been many great breedings done over the years. What constitutes it as best? The winners in that litter or what that litter in turned produced down the road?

How do I feel about the ADBA? They take my money to tell me what I already know.

How do you feel about the EBA? Like most things, I believe they have good intentions. But I know many men who do bad things all the time but truly at heart have good intentions.

What registry do I use? None at all, unless you consider the file cabinet and brain a registry.

What is my favorite line/strain/family? I truly like most of them, from Jeep to Sorrells To Eli to Bolio to Tombstone I just can’t name one. I’ve experienced many of them as well. I’ll say this a line I have fancied for quite some years and I’m willing to wait in line for is one that goes back to many a good dog such as Carr’s Bullet & CH Boots. There are quite a few dogs down from them that I simply adore and can’t wait until opportunity presents itself.

What cross has impacted the most on record? Honestly I have no idea, it all depends on “known wins” then I guess Eli x Carver and Redboy x Jocko are among the top of the line but so many crosses have done well and which constitutes it as a cross or is it a line now? I think Thieves, Liars and BS’rs have impacted the game the most.

What breeder has had the breeds best interest in mind? I can’t say who has the best interest in mind because I don’t know their thoughts, by actions I know quite a few men who breed their own and have been 20+ years without trying to pollute the world with junk. I respect all breeders and hope everyone who owns a bulldog, has the breeds best interest in mind.

What was my favorite dog of the past? This would be hard, most of my favorite dogs were of my own which makes it bias like my 2x Sandman 2x Buster who was one of the best dogs I’ve ever seen period. Also Ch Outlaw who was a great dog in his own right but only faves I had were dogs I owned. Now I have fancied quite a few but out of respect Ch Pistol Pete, Lloyds Ch Gator, Ch Boots, Ch Our Gal Sunday, Ch Booger Carr’s Bullet are dogs I like to think of as some faves

My favorite dog of today: I don’t have a single favorite but I do appreciate quite a few.

Breeder I feel has impacted the dogs the most: This would depend, where would we be without Mr Colby, probably another name but he’s one. You could talk about other influential guys, I know some who like to remain quiet even though by reading folks could pinpoint some of my favorites but I guess the popular pics or more known people would be Carver. By lies truth and all in between the man could breed some damn good bulldogs and many of dynasty is because of his magic..

Why is our breed in a fragile state: Government control, then you get the law mixed with some of the most ignorant idiots known to man.

Thank you for taking the time to answer!! You are certainly welcome, but a big up and thank you for the questions. I do this for the people of the past the present and the future. Guess I’m the Mayor of Time lol

14. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Lmao @ They take my money and tell me what I already know. :lol:

Thats hilarious! Thanks for participating R&R! Good answers...

15. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Thanks rock n rye. Great answers and some cool dogs also.

16. niko

niko CH Dog

Im not judging anybody but some of the best known dogmen were into some seedy sh@#.maurice carver was a pimp ,
    Drug dealer and a killer and he had more influence then almost any dogman in history.people act like they were all in it for the dogs bullsh@#! How many times has one of these so called greats been accused of using a rub? Didnt the great Don Mayfield do this? Along with many others they were fu#$ ing cheats plain and simple

17. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

What's using a rub have to do with anything. I never said that things were all fair back then.

18. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I'm sure all would agree that the seedy element has definetly substantially increased over last 20 years

19. niko

niko CH Dog

Keep telling yourself that lol wasn't Earl tudor a bootlegger? Thats also very illegal . wasn't aa very prominent dogman named Town#@$@ involved in a homicide? Give me a break lol the seedy element has always been there.

20. ebady23

ebady23 Pup

First off, excellent topics and very interesting and well thought out responses from many experienced members. I'll try to be a little bit more specific in my responses, in attempt to help further the discussion a little more.

Do you think the internet and technology has helped or harmed the breed? Please explain.

Yes, the internet has played a huge role in the consistent demise in our breeds image, however, dogmen/women have played an equal part.

1. As stated earlier, the internet is just a tool that has not only made our lives easier but has also allowed us to connect with fellow dogmen across the globe (enter Lawless Links). In my opinion, the message board era was the beginning of the end to the COMFORTABLE life that many dogmen lived. Lawless Links was the hub for all social media for many dogmen that were at the core of the game (paranoia arises). Top kennels would boast of previous matches and future bouts to occur. Bitter feuds would take place, which, IMO made it easier for HSUS to conquer an already divided fraternity (Peds Online takes flight). Hands down this site has been the single most detrimental of all social media boards for dogmen. The worst part is, we all know it but continue to fuel ferocious fire.

There was a time when the only way a young dogmen could gain valuable info about these animals were to find a seasoned mentor. For many the internet is now that mentor. Yet, the decision has always been our own to make!

How do you feel about the mass production of the American Bully?

1. I agree with many other. Anything that will help take the negative light off our breed is a plus. We need this whether we realize it or not because we have proven that we cannot do it alone. I know what I feed and at the end of the day, that's all that matters to me.

What can be done to stop the Bully and the confusion it causes our breed?

1. Well this is where the ADBA and other sanctions come into play. We have a conformation standard which these clubs should continue to uphold if y want our support. If we feel they do not have our best interest at heart, then, we should form our own. Stopping the bully isn't the issue, that ship has sailed. Again, let them take center stage for awhile as we continue to regroup.

Which registry do you feel has our breeds best interest in mind?

1. EBA and ADBA both seem to be good registries. I believe the ADBA had to make necessary changes in order to avoid negative publicity.

Do you feel conformation shows are needed to keep the breed true and the bullies from being mislabeled as APBT's?

1. Dogmen/women keep the breed true not registries, that has always been the case. You can never stop the ill informed from labeling our breed as something it's not.

What in your opinion is the best breeding of the last thirty years? Why?

1. I will not list a breeding because I feel there are too many to list, but I will give you crosses that I believe improved the game.

A. Eli/Stu Fowler/Carvers Red Lady is probably the most prevalent cross in Mexico for good reason. I will always feed one of these until I walk my last dog.

B. Remember when the rbj/bt cross was made (specifically Mayday), you immediately saw the shift in many breeding programs.

C. Little gator/Frisco cross took flight in the late 90's, early 2000 and man did it make a huge impact.

D. I chose not to name the obvious lines and families for good reason. There are several breeders on this board that deserve special recognition; I tip my hat to you all.

How do you feel about the ADBA?

As stated above, it has its purpose.

How do you feel about the EBA?

Same as ADBA

Which registry do you use or like the best?

Neither, we breed for ourselves and know how our dogs are bred. Like others believe, why send someone money to do something that I can do with quicker results?

What is your favorite line/strain/family of the APBT?

Eli/Stu Fowler (Eli via Aries and few others, Stu Fowler via my own stock)

What cross do you feel has impacted the breed the most on record?

I don't believe it's the crosses that should take the glory, instead, credit should be given to the dogmen for their vision. For that reason, I believe enough has been said.

Which breeder do you feel has /had the breeds best interest in mind?

1. Everyone who has put in the hard work to keep this breed true to form in this day in age deserves equal respect IMO. Credit cannot be given to just one!

Who was your favorite dog of the past and why?

1. My butter dog hands down. He set the bar for me and should me what these hounds COULD be and what I SHOULD be.

Who is your favorite dog of today?

TWO: Tomasa and Cash

Who do you feel as a breeder has impacted the breed the most?

1. Without Mr Colby, we would probably not be having this discussion.

Why do you feel the breed is in such a fragile position in this day and age?

1. The jealousy, envy and greed of many dogmen both present and past. When folks learned a dollar could be made off this breed. The first person to record a dog fight should have been banned from the fraternity. In other words, there was very little accountability and there still isn't. We have Jun rules, why Fraternity rules as well like many colleges. Also, snitching has become too common place. Finally, as stated above, the use of the internet today as a mentor.

Feel free to expound on my thoughts or tear me a new one...lol.

YIS,

CMK

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Red[/QUOTE]