1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Interview for the gamedog members, if you care to participate.

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by mccoypitbulls, Jul 12, 2014.

1. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

I forgot EBA I think the people that work at the EBA are helping and they have different chapters. Thanks RRD

2. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Thanks RedRumDog..thanks for taking the time. Ep and Pat Jr..thanks for bumping it up. Hope some more folks come about.

3. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Thank you, he does.... ;)

4. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

AGK, your answer to the questions was a superb post.

5. AGK

Thanks TDK, appreciate the kind words. McCoy put some thought into his questions so I wanted to put some thought into my answers. Was hoping this thread would take off, it sure beats reading about Mayfield lmao.

6. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

1. The internet: I think it's like many other technological advances. It can be used to further our own knowledge and awareness or it can be used as a vehicle to express or sell propaganda and lies. It really isn't the net itself that can be so villainous as it is the gullibility and inability of people to discern bullshit from reality and truth. Tv, radio or any medium can dispense bullshit. It isn't just the internet. It's up to people to break things down into the good and the bad on their own. If you're vulnerable to internet bullshit, you're surely vulnerable to all forms of it.

2. The American Bully: I feel as do many that I don't really give a damn what anyone may like or do, any more than I want them to make judgement about what I like or do. I really have a distaste for them calling them Bulldogs, but I'm not the nomenclature police and as far as I am concerned, if they want to make fools of themselves by way of calling fools gold gold, then I say fine..... Here's the rope and there's a big tree.

3. Bullies causing breed confusion: See 2.

4. What registry has our best interests in mind? I truly feel none of them do. Ralph Greenwood was one of my main mentors. With that said, things have changed with the pressure of our times. I remember a day when Ralph's hopes were to make a little money, yes, but project a better image of the breed, too. Registries have rather morphed into another dimension.

5. Conformation shows helping discern Bullies from Bulldogs? No. They haven't done anything the like. In fact, people breeding show dogs for the sake of conformation and showing only, have merely done what the Bully people have done but in a different direction and with lesser severity. Referring back to the registries, do they not have fun shows with a Bully category? How would that help in that they are lumping Bullies together with Bulldogs as a "TYPE" of dog?

6. Best breeding in the last 30 years: First of all, I don't pay a hell of a lot of attention to what others breed anymore. I used to. Not so much now in that I concentrate totally on my own and what they do in the competitive world. In this day and age, it's hard for anyone having less than a well seasoned tenure to account for anything back that far and do so with any actuality. I know of many breedings that have been made over that time that I take my hat off to and consider them excellent and done with great quality control and perception. But for me to rate any of them or call them THE best would be unfair to many who have made a great mark with any certain breeding.

7. How do I feel about the ADBA? Well, besides referring to 3 and 4, I'll say that I admire the reason Mr. Greenwood took it on. I admired his ideals. But as I said, things have morphed and things are just not in keeping with some of his ideals.
    I also don't register dogs. I see no value but for the current things needed in order to show a dog.
    First, parchment is not official as to the truth. The honesty of the breeder is the only REAL source for truth or untruth. Second, I really can't see sending money to someone so they can send me back something I ALREADY KNOW. LOL And as to registering them in order to show them, to me, is just another form of control and money taking for the privilege of showing a dog.......and if people would organize together and form their own, independent groups, clubs and associations, they could keep the money they make for much better use than to send a good percent of it to the registries. No one and no organization of registry should be able to dictate what makes a show worthwhile, of account or official, then take a lot of their money to be such an officious and self anointed sanctioning body.

8. The EBA: I believe their meaning is good. I believe they HAVE helped some people. Again, their being "sanctioned" by a registry means nothing. One problem is misconception on the part of certain people. There are those who view them as a savior once they have gotten themselves in trouble. This is not what the EBA is for and it is absurd to think they could possibly put themselves in that type situation and light.

9. What registry do I use? Explained above. NONE

10. What is my favorite line/strain/family? Well, I'm not about to brag up any dog or dogs, yet of course, my own family is my favorite or I would breed and keep another. That is NOT to state they are any better or worse than others. It's to state that I am happy to have them. I am happy they are still here and competing. While nothing is perfect, and there is always the reason to strive for even better and never stop doing so, I find them workable for that task. I have nothing to say about anyone else line of dogs. More power to them for the good and great ones they have produced.

11. What cross has impacted the most on record: I can't state that with any accuracy. I know that more than a few have created dogs that became popular and have done outstandingly across the country and abroad as well. People who have bred, bought, used and maintained those crosses would be the only ones who I feel can answer that question with any validity.

12. What breeder has had the breeds best interest in mind? I can't search the soul of another, but I know that there have been some more altruistic breeders of the dogs than others have been. I actually think that in all REALITY, most breed to improve their own, and not the breed as a whole. They can't and don't account for the breed as a whole because they literally CANNOT. If you breed dogs and it has bettered your own, then that is you having done the extent of your job and that is the only part of the breed you can better.

13. What was my favorite dog of the past? Well, my favorite may be one that overcame incredible odds, and may not be the absolute best athlete of all time. I can't make the call. Can't call one my absolute favorite, but I do have dogs of my memory that I consider elite. I would have to leave it at that. I would surely have to name you up to fifty dogs. :) I would certainly name a few elites in my eyes as having been GR CH Hope that I saw twice. Ch Shoshone that I have seen twice. CH Mordecai, GR CH GABE, CH Little Boots, CH. Clee, CH Sugar, CH Joe Willie, GR CH Double Trouble, GR CH 35 on many occasions, CH Weasel, CH Tommy, CH Tye, CH Ju Ju, and at least a score of others that were the dogs of others that I have seen.

14. My favorite dog of today: One not many have heard of. And I think I'll keep it that way. LOL Although I do know many I deem good to great dogs around the country.

15. Breeder I feel has impacted the dogs the most: Well, I'd have to go way back to the man who first distributed some of the finest imports to others and that was J.P. Colby. Many others have of course, impacted our breed, however..............from then to now.

16. Why is our breed in a fragile state: Government control, NWO, and our dumb asses voting our rights down the proverbial shitter. Dependency which creates control and power and that power disarming us and controlling our every endeavor they feel is a threat to their total control. Because "Any government big enough to give you anything you want......is big enough to take away everything you've got." Period.

A hearty "You're welcome" to your "Thank you"

7. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I agree with AGK that your questions were well thought out, McCoy.

8. Zylonist

Zylonist Big Dog

Nice responses from (AGK/TDK), you guys went strong. Nice grammar as well, I enjoyed the reading....

9. AGK

Great post TDK! Thanks Zylonist, appreciate it.

I hope others read and think about the interview questions and want to share their opinions as well especially some of the older gentleman and 2nd or 3rd generation dogman.. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
  10. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Thank you all very much for the time it took to answer. Great insight from everyone.glad to see this thread take flight.makes me happy to read your views have have a thread where personal opinions can be accepted by all ..hope this stays on track and we can add part two

11. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

What a sunday morning treat,thanks TDK for great insight.
    Can you share with us your thoughts on Hank,Little Boots and Double Trouble?
    Bolio,Handsome & Cocoa Puff?
    And possibly the Carrs Bullit stuff,also??

Redrum reponded well also...

12. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

As far as Hanks siblings,parents and offspring,Id love to know also.Maybe TDK or Burton could share that with us.
    The type of corky behavior that ive been told about comes thru Dirty Mary bred dogs.Most are culled and passed off as curs.Other dogmen understand the values of these dogs whether it be for thier smarts or the gamblers side reaping huge pay offs.The late great Mr. Giroux said you could see the smarts in Hanks eyes,coming from an avid pidgeon racer who judges a prospect pidgeon by thier pupils.....

13. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

The above post was in response to this....

14. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

Honestly I tried to respond 3 different times. But typing on this phone is irritating. I literally erased my answers by trying to check grammer. Maybe I should of wrote them down after the second failed attempt. lol

15. Grabo86

Grabo86 Big Dog

Do you think the internet and technology has helped or harmed bout breed? Please explain.

It has helped but also harmed because stupid people who should not own any dog can find ways to get a gamedog not knowing what they get themself into. Lots of these dogs get in shelters and killed.

How do you feel about the mass production of the American Bully?

I absolutely hate it mostly because most of these breeders dont care about the health and the Temperament of their dogs. They only breed for looks.

What can be done to stop the Bully and the confusion it causes our breed?

I dont know

Which registry do you feel has our breeds best interest in mind?

I dont know much about them because im living in germany so i cant answer that question.

Do you feel conformation shows are needed to keep the breed true and the bullies from being mislabeled as APBT's?

Im no fan of any conformation shows that only care about how the dogs look. But thats actually what they do. Thats the reason manny breeds gone downhill and developed bad health problems. Just look at these english bulldogs, Bullterriers and even the German Sheppherd. Most german sheppherds cant be used as Police dogs anymore, so most of german Police-dogs are Malinois now.

What in your opinion is the best breeding of the last thirty years? Why?

Thats a question that cant be answered.

What is your favorite line/strain/family of the APBT?

Eli, Colby, Jeep

What cross do you feel has impacted the breed the most on record?

I dont know

Which breeder do you feel has /had the breeds best interest in mind?

I dont know anyone of them personally so i cant answer that question.

Who was your favorite dog of the past and why?

Maybe Jeep because from what i hear he only was on fire when he had to and i like that.

Who is your favorite dog of today?

Some of Tom Garners dogs.

Who do you feel as a breeder has impacted the breed the most?

John B. Colby

Why do you feel the breed is in such a fragile position in this day and age?

Because of the media and stupid people who should not own a dog.

16. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

TY, Zy, AGK and Elias. Elias I don't want to add it to this particular, good thread and botch it up, but I will surely post something for you on the Tobe and Rose half of the dogs that made this old family of mutts here in the near future. TY for your interest in them.

17. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

good read tdk. how about some fictional stories for us greenhorns huh?

18. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Hell, it's all fiction, isn't it, Bear? HAHA Sure. I know what ya mean, and I can be nudged into writing a little "based on a true story" fiction one day soon.

19. niko

niko CH Dog

Thats crazy you say that Elias my dad was a pigeon racer and he would always study the eyes lol I thought he was just going off of some crazy old wives tale lol..Great posts guys:)

20. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Glad I am not the only one..dang tech savvy sons a guns..make me jealous..lol