1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Interesting ...

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by ABK, Mar 21, 2007.

1. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

2. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Interesting indeed. Wonder if Ginny York knew about that, if its even true.

3. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

"This is"? or "This was"?.................

4. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2007
  5. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

LOL. I was just being nitpicky with their grammar in reference to a dead dog....if he is dead....he must be dead.....is he?:D

6. ChiaPit

ChiaPit Top Dog

Maybe he is into Cryogenics...

7. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Doy. I thought you were asking if this was a dog of recent times or times past.

They say he is an "honest to goodness dead game bulldog." I guess they examined him pretty good afterward to make sure he was "honest to goodness" dead, eh?

lmao ...

8. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Just because "York" put their name on a few of them dogs, doesn't detract from the fact they come from Ruffian/X-pert and other "sometimes" working lines with a small ammount of gamebred APBT blood.

9. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

That is what I found interesting. X-Pert & Ruffian, as you already know are AKC show lines. I'ts not often you see a dead game AmStaff.

Sure, I know X-Pert & Ruffian go back to Blackjack, but all the dogs in Magnum's ped for 10 generations (save for the ancestors of York's Cinnamon) are all AKC or UKC show dogs.

10. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

I've seen Carver x X-pert crosses that were bad ass dogs. The X-pert line started about 90mins south of were I live and it used to be pretty common stuff.

11. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Entering a show doesn't neccessarily mean they aren't bred for other reasons, you know that. Could very well be a rare throwback, who got lucky to land in the hands of someone who looked at it. Or, it could just as easily be a marketing ploy to "prove" these dogs are one and the same.

One of the first truly game dogs I ever seen, was a scratching-fool Amstaff, who amazed everyone with her gameness. She was proving to be almost as game as a live one can come, and if not picked up, may of very well been another DG "staff" in a short ammount of time. Last time I seen her, she came out of the dog box looking like she had been run over by a bulldozer, and thrown in a meat-grinder, and in all truthfulness, that's a pretty good analogy considering the badass hog she was trying to catch. She was lost not long after, due to an outbreak that took 1/2 the yard, after a run of what her owner (looking back) believes was Parvo/Coronavirus :(

CrazyK9-although that was the logic for the name/registration change, it's a faulty statement in that many gamedoggers worked that stock as hard as any APBT.

12. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

If all those Ruffian dogs were AKC registered, they bred away from gameness, not for it. That was the whole reason for the name change, to distinguish the breed from its fighting brothers.

That dog's sire's blood goes back to AKC Staffs when they were first recognized in the 1930's. I seriously doubt that 70 years later, there is any more than a .001% chance of a dog from those lines ending up game. Now, his bottom half added into that, might bring those chances up a bit ...but I highly doubt it is enough to produce a fast-lane, dead game bulldog.

But, hey, who knows maybe this dog defied the laws of science! :p

13. Breogan

Breogan Big Dog

If a dog gets itself killed on a hunt before it really takes a lickin' is it truly dead game?

14. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

No IMO. Then it's just dead.

It's got to prove itself first & foremost.

15. YoungLion

YoungLion Big Dog

york dogs are pretty. i like the markings.

16. Breogan

Breogan Big Dog

Yup I agree. So to them It could "dead game" when to us it's just dead. LOL