1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Inside vs outside UK

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Champy, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Champy

Champy Pup

People chose to have their dogs sleep/live inside or outside for different reasons.

I'm in the UK and unlike the US and other places, it's uncommon to have dogs live and sleep outside. Mainly because of the dencity and we literally live in each others pockets. A lot of people have backyards which are tiny and even a large UK garden is very small in comparison to others. Neighbors would just complain because it would sound the barking would be too close and loud. So was just wondering if people in the UK keep their dogs outside?

I have a garden and have dog houses in it. My dogs have the option to sleep inside or out and only one has ever chosen to sleep in the dog house outside and then came in after a few hours and that was only because it was hot. It's too late for me to have them live outside, they are too used to the house. They even have their own rooms and basically do what the fuck they want. I wouldn't actually like them outside, I'd only worry that they're getting up to stuff, fighting, annoying neighbors, attracting unwanted attention and running away. They'll spend a lot of time outside if the weathers not really bad but the doors never shut and they're in and out.

This isn't so much a question but more a discussion on where you live and where your dogs live. All though I'd be interest to hear about dogs living outside in the UK or other densely populated areas

2. ourgalsunday

ourgalsunday Big Dog

my first 2 pits lived inside if not in bed at night . What the heck I fell a sleep they fell asleep .
    I met the wife . in time the wife was pregnant . it became to much -so I made 2 dog houses put hay in them and a 8 foot chain .
    They adapted fast, but I guess they felt sad not to hang with me as they did .
    There a super tough breed that can handle plenty considering there short coat
    Lets face it . if they had the choice they would be with us 24 hrs a day,

3. Champy

Champy Pup

I just couldn't imagine the dogs adapting well if at all. They've just been conditioned to have a lot of freedom. I don't think I will be in a situation where my dogs had to live outside. Ones a really barker and my neighbor would go mad. I'm admittidley very soft with them. I underestimate them all the time thinking they couldn't handle a situation and alway prOve me wrong so who knows.

4. Champy

Champy Pup

Also, I have a female who is the most laid back pit you'll ever meet. She takes everything in her stride, I've never seen her over excited and she is a blessing to have as she calms the others down. The only time I see her a bit excited is with puppies but thats for a minute then she'll just lie down and let the pup bounce on her huge head lol. Anyway, her nature amazes me and I always worry that there would be something that she doesn't take in her stride and that's one of them things.

5. keystone

keystone CH Dog

its nevr to late .
    haleluja

6. ourgalsunday

ourgalsunday Big Dog

Well the female sounds like one of those fine dogs that just knows her place & is easy to be with .
    If she is a great house dog , unless it's a necessity why live out doors .

As to reality no one wants to hear a dog bark all day . Some APBT are not to noisy BUT the ones that are can hang with the best and will bark with a game attitude ,if you have the time I have the bark .& they will win they can have some repateur of sounds.

I have seen it the pro keepers of the APBT who have like more then 12 dogs, use dog houses and chains
    hot weather cold weather in the winter they put on a layer weight at skin level ,Zero degrees the
    dogs barking pulling on the chain feet in the snow . Healthy robust dogs these APBT are .
    You have to feed them proper
    and stay on top of the water .
    They get so used to out door life indoors if foreign to them . Your barkie male would probably adapt to being with a bunch of APBT on the chain and his own house . The female would deal but feel lost in her life .
    Still the real dog men fill those lives with exercise & care , the dogs are happy .

7. M.T

M.T Pup

You're not from the UK.

8. Champy

Champy Pup

I am from the UK. My iPhone corrected* it wrong. If you are in doubt about my location you can always ask admin to check.

9. M.T

M.T Pup

Haha, arsed if i'm gonna do that.

Just looked odd that you were claiming to be from the UK yet writing like an American.

10. Champy

Champy Pup

But I don't write like on or at least I don't think I do. I just spelt neighbour the American way because it corrected it itself (just tried to do it again but I pressed the cross this time lol). I'm from Cumbria btw.

11. jack_c92

jack_c92 Pup

I live in the uk aswell my dogs sleep in my bed with me haha i personally wouldn't have mine outside because i feel un easy about un wanted attention and the thought of them being robbed ! like you said over here you dont really see dogs that stay outside do you probably to do with our shit weather !

12. Champy

Champy Pup

Jack - Yeah you've got to be careful about theft as well. A lot of dogs get stolen by gypsies around here. I think as well that in the UK it's viewed as cruel to have your dogs kipping outside, in the U.S they're a lot more relaxed about that but for some reason it's not the same over here. I know it's not too late/impossible to have them live outside but they would absoloutly hate it. The bitch wouldn't make a big fuss, she's too laid back but she'd give me the sad look. Plus the only thing she sort of insists upon is sleeping next to my head every night. She will pretty much leave me alone all day but at night she likes to have that big moon head on top of mine. The younger one would be a mess and not because its outside/no luxury, because hes my shadow and would be going crazy he didnt know what I was doing and couldnt be all up in my shit haha. I know if I wanted them out there is eventually get them settled and if I lived in a warmer country with my own land I probably would.

13. smithy

smithy Big Dog

All my dogs live outside there animals they'll get used to it and I'm a gypsy and it's SCUM who steal dogs so less of the generalisations please.

14. Champy

Champy Pup

I'm not saying all gypsies steal dogs it's just we have a problem in our area with them stealing dogs. When they're not here dogs still get stolen but when they're here we have to be extra cautious. I'm not being stereotypical it just the problem where I live.

15. jacko

jacko CH Dog

do you notice this more between june 6-12 lol

16. smithy

smithy Big Dog

You wouldn't be referring to the Appleby horse fair would you jacko.

17. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

:madwife:.....if ya want house-dogs,,get a f**king yorkie.....4-f-s....dog robbers....lol...lol....

18. Champy

Champy Pup

If I wanted a Yorkie, I would have one but I wouldn't trust those little shits. I've been bitten by more Yorkies than I have any other dog.

That's besides the point. I interpret from your post that your opinion is that if someone wants their pit bulls living indoors then they are unworthy of owning a put bull and should get a lap dog. Some of the best game dogs you know of probably are house dogs too. Do you live in the UK? If you do then you shouldn't be idiotic and know how densely populated the country is and how you don't want any attention attracted to a banned breed.

19. jacko

jacko CH Dog

lol i do know a few rum lads that attend the fair.
    not dog thieves . but the sort who get blamed for anything and everything, lmao

20. Champy

Champy Pup

Appleby isn't too far from me but no, it's just a problem whenever they're here which is when they're not getting chased off by police. I don't mind them much, they took away my fridge and cooker for £5 ha, it would have been more had I got rid of them myself. As long as they're not causing me trouble I don't care but I have nice dogs and ain't risking them getting stolen cause the soppy shits would lick someone to death while they're carting them off.

Bluebell - I also make no apologies for wanting my dogs to have more of a life than a chain. The more I read your post the worse it comes across. "If you want a dog to live inside and be a happy dog with a decent life then get a Yorkie but a pit bull doesn't deserve it". These dogs do a lot for some of the people on this forum and I don't understand that sort of mentality where you think it's fine to treat them like a bag of shit just because "they're tough dogs they can handle it" or "I don't want to treat my dogs too nice in case it softens them up" which is ludicrous.