1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Inside the cat and dog meat market in China

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Vicki, Mar 9, 2010.

1. yoel

yoel Big Dog

Aren't you Philipina? I had a friend that was Philipino and he used to be adamant about being Pacific Islander and not asian. BIZZARE FOOD IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE SHOWS along with No Reservations.

2. yoel

yoel Big Dog

Didn't that episode with the Nutria just make you curious as to how it tastes though. The man made it look so GOOD! And in the event that they go back to feeding those convicts the swamp rat and it does taste AWESOME maybe it wouldn't be such a punishment compared to the food I've seen they get now.

3. yoel

yoel Big Dog

That doesn't equate at all c'mon now! But seriously how'd that Chow taste?

4. yoel

yoel Big Dog

Your a fucked up individual. Eating them fat pigs will only make those Chinese obese and fall victim to high blood pressure and diabetes and so on. Is that what you wish on them? :D

5. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

haha wow I think I certainly had missed that one ABK! but yeah there are some very disturbing meals on that show it's very interesting though to ask myself "would I ever try that? or that".

Yoel, I am part Filipino and I consider that Asian as most people do these days we are in the same damn continent and also we share a lot amongst the neighbors. It is only because it's a bit by itself in the pacific as an island that some people think that way.

6. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Why not? Would you have a problem eatiing chicken if you kept "pet" bantams?

7. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Not only are dogs not considered "mans best friend" by significant human populations of the earth, they are considered pariah and unclean in many.

Also, there are religions/cultures that hold cows in much greater esteem than any dog. Some revere pigs. Where you live and how you have to live decides which animals are most sacred to you.

What you're referring to as "world" consencus is actually only the recently adopted judeo-christian western idea of the place of dogs and cats in our culture. But don't kid yourself about westerners being different because we don't eat dogs and cats. We sure as hell do. Remember what happened in Europe during the world wars? That's right, whole breeds of dog and cat disappeared and some just survived breed extintion.

Recently, an Italian (I believe) chef (i think) was basically hounded out (no pun intended) because he admitted how delicious cat stew is on TV. Apparently, the cat has to be rinsed in running water for three days after slaughter, etc... So anyhow, the bottom line is what you eat depends on where you are, what you have and how hungry you are. Right now, those folks just happen to be hungrier than we are.

Plus, if you think about it, raising dogs and cats for food makes more sense than raising cattle. Much more meat much faster, and if it ever gets truly desperate, you can always feed dog to your dogs. After all, that's what some of the early pole explorers were forced to do when rations ran out. That is, after they ate the best parts themselves.:D

8. popper

popper CH Dog

i know alot of people that live out in the middle east, that treat their dog as mans best friend and they sure as hell ant Christian... a for the europeans eating dog , look at the circumstances , they were in a war starving for food

9. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

shots, IMO, dont seriously affect meat intended for ingestion, not that the chinese care anyway, lol. and your shelters must be a hell of a lot better than mine! ours don't give dog/cats anything, even though they say they do.

but it was just a joke anyway, lol. i wasn't serious

10. Kristin

Kristin Big Dog

That is why I'm a vegetarian. I personally feel it's wrong to eat any kind of animal. My true compassion is for all living things, not just our commonly kept pets. Tradition is the only thing that keeps cats and dogs off the table in most places.

11. tolive

tolive Pup

I've actually seen a cat run out the back of a chinese restuarant here (I was in the drive thru it ran out the back). I still got my food though I figured if it has'nt killed me yet stick with it and besides that it's just to good.

12. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Like I said, they're just hungrier than we are, right now.

13. tony413

tony413 Big Dog

who is anyone to decide how civilized a country is? this type of garbage pissed me off. let other countries do their own thing.

14. Jelet

Jelet Banned

looks tasty...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C_IcUmdELY&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C_IcUmdELY&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

JMO

15. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Well damn! Talk about a versatile breed; breed the best,...eat the rest.