1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Insect repellent

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bamaman, Jul 9, 2017.

1. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Good stuff here fellas .I even spray my dogs with it.10 bucks and I got it at a local pharmacy.Gnat is the name of it.

corvettedex and treezpitz like this.
  2. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Here it is.

Attached Files:

treezpitz likes this.
  3. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Screw that bottle lol, love the scenery. Nice share, bama.

bamaman likes this.
  4. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

That bottle helps create the scenery lol.Dam gnats is bad here bro but that shit keeps em off and mesquitos

treezpitz likes this.
  5. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Been rough here man ,lots of rain ,heat and sun.Grass is growing like crazy..I picked up another yard to keep up ,right down the road.She has only been having it cut once every 2 weeks and that's not enough.I cut it Thursday and went back yesterday and raked up 4 pick up loads of dead grass.But now it will only take me about 45 mins to cut .Ill cut it once a week now ,much more manageable .I scalped it to ,so now her good grass should get the sunlight it needs to spread and choke some of the bad grass out.

treezpitz likes this.
  6. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

I will give it a try. Not so bad for me but the mosquitoes flock to my wife.

She just bought some of the Thermacell set ups and they work, but refills are expensive.

Been reading about the Dynatrap bug lights. Suppose to be the next big thing. Expensive.

Bama, down your way do people wear Bounce dryer sheets for the mosquitoes? You look like a re-re but they sure do work.

S

7. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

8. pitbulld0gs

pitbulld0gs Top Dog Staff Member

Mosquitoes have took over here, i want to put a chain spot or two out back but i am afraid i will walk outback one day and my dogs will look all shriveled up where the damn vampires sucked all the life out of them. I sprayed Cutters twice this year and it's like the skeeters have some kind of immunity to it, it was ok for about a week then they came back with a vengeance.. Having said that, my biggest problem is my neighbors, they refuse to keep their yards clean and clear of brush and vines, which is where the skeeters hang out during the day, noticed it one day when one of the dogs brushed up against it, skeeters came flying out everywhere!

9. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Slim people use dryer sheets.I don't know how well they work .Even I have mesquitos this year .We had over 20 inches of rain here in June.You couldn't hardly get your grass cut and a lot of folks yard got away from them
    ..So lots of raking up dead grass to get back to normal.If not its just a dam incubator for insects.Fleas ,mesquitos and whatever.

10. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Also this traps your talking about Slim ,they do work.My uncle ordered one off QVC channel and it was 130 bucks and its good for 1 acre.He swares it works.

11. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

We have not pulled the trigger yet. But the next time my wife gets torched by the mosquitoes she will have one hanging from every tree in the yard. LOL

Same here. So much rain followed by so much heat. The fleas are bad too.

S

treezpitz and bamaman like this.
  12. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Fleas and skeeters are horrible here too right now. I hate it.

bamaman likes this.
  13. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

The small flying gnats get in your ears eyes all around your head as a human being they drive me crazy and I have found nothing that would return them for any amount of time not Deep Woods Off nothing what is really work Bama

14. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

Sorry about my spelling, I get so discouraged working in the yard because they literally drive me crazy

15. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Google Gnaughty Gnat spray seen if anything.comes up.It works for me.

16. vicks vapour rub is very good also. we get it bad here with midges and horse flies.

DISCOIII likes this.
  17. pitbulld0gs

Fellas, i have found Eureka!!! I hit up the breeder i got Broly from and asked about skeeter control, she told me to get Permethrin, so i did, sprayed the yard yesterday afternoon, i walk outside this morning, stand there for a minute, watch the dogs poop and it hits me, not a single skeeter has landed on me yet, so im thinking alright, i know any second they are gonna find me and destroy me like always..

NOT THIS TIME BITCHES!!!!!!

That Permethrin is the truth, i sat outside this morning for almost an hour without a single mosquito around, it's like the gates of heaven opened up and i was in dogman heaven, the first thoughts that came to mind was i can work my dogs more now and even have a chain spot or two if i want now! I know i am being dramatic but some of you guys know the war that has been raging here with me and the mosquitoes since ive lived here and tried everything under the sun, it's been the biggest problem here honestly. i have another female to pick up soon and the new pup needs to be on a chain spot soon and them damn skeeters have put a stop to that this whole time, well not anymore!

THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!

Permethrin is the shit, you can even put it on your dog directly, good for fleas to, im sure some of you guys already know about it but its working great here.

Michele likes this.
  18. Red 73

Red 73 Big Dog

19. Red 73

Red 73 Big Dog

I agree!! The permethrin is great... I've been using it for about 5 years

20. pitbulld0gs

To me it's a miracle, having been ran out of my yard it's a blessing.