1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

insane 3 month old pup

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Roche, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Roche

Roche Big Dog

I recently bought a 3 month old yellow/frisco pup(very well bred)will try n get the link for the ped later. the breeder warned me saying this bitch might be too hard for me to handle because he had done a similar breeding before and that litter was complete fire, bulldogs with all the traits a dogman would expect. As I'm a novice in the game, young and still eagerly learning. I went on and took the pup without hesitation. Only to find out later that the breeder knew what he was talking about. I had 3 other dogs all female frisco crosses. so I decided to put her in a pen type area with my tight bred 5 month old mayday male. They got along for the first week but I soon identified scars on the stifle and front legs of my male and ever since then they have been fighting and not like puppies but the way game dogs do it! But with smaller k9's. I now have seperated them and placed the male on a light chain and he enjoys that spot! I have stories of crazy pups like this but have never seen it 4 myself till now. Will this pup be like this forever? And has anyone ever experienced this?

2. AGame

AGame CH Dog

yes i have seen it in many many many litters and just because the little bastards are fight crazy as a pup doesn't mean they will be exactly the same as they get older though some do it is quite common in this breed and i am surprised you have not witnessed it before now

3. Roche

Roche Big Dog

I have seen some mildly crazy pups before but never one like this. She screams for anything,from flirt pole to any moving Object I had to use a breaking stick for a 3 month old pup!

4. Texican

Texican Big Dog

I have a very similarly bred girl I wouldn't mind seeing your ped, she now bout 15 mths, but since young age she was crazy. If anything came in the yard she would hit the end of the chain so hard it sounded like some1 was firing a bullet, and would start foaming at the mouth, but for me she pretty easy to deal since she only weighs 35 lbs on the chain

Anyway here is mine
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=395057

5. ccourtcleve

ccourtcleve Big Dog

puppies fighting is not uncommon as far as i know. I would never put two pups of that age in a pen together and expect them to get along. Regardless of the pedigree or if the last breeding produced hot pups. The majority of litters I have seen cannot be contained together when a pup is 5 months old.

6. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

Thats the truth ccourtcleve...u can have some serious injuries at that age. I like to seperate as soon at they start acting out at each other and sticking with it. Around 12 to 14 weeks at the latest.

7. Roche

Roche Big Dog

Thanks guys. Will make sure this never happens. Again in future

8. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

For what it is worth, it has been my experience that the hotter a young pup is the colder it will be as an adult. Pups should act like pups. Usually the really crazy ones just have a screw loose. Good luck.

9. I agree with the fight crazy pup turning into a cold adult dog. I hope is not the case for you.

10. old goat

old goat CH Dog

benthere , you always say the same thing .

11. What happens is that the people that post shit like this have never seen a litter act like this. When you see how these turn out, you will know what is meant by the hotness not lasting. Unless, of course, you have the next Mayday on your hands.

12. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

Old goat, just exactly what is it that I say all the time? Please do tell. At least I am not always telling all the women with dogs how great their petbulls look.

13. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

LMAO@the hotter a pup the colder it will be as a adult LOL.

14. cutt

cutt CH Dog

"the hotter a pup the colder it will be as a adult" sounds like Newtons forgotten law...lol

Thats a bullshit agreement.. That aint set in stone, and dont mean nothing to have a "fight crazy pup" > Its eggzachery what is , a "fight crazy pup".

15. Dunlap 1

Dunlap 1 Big Dog

I think a long time ago, people saw a pup that was crazy and started school a little to early.

16. Roche

Roche Big Dog

I have a friend who experienced what you're saying but he said it was due to lack of proper management

17. bigeli

bigeli Big Dog

the most important thing is that you seperated them and also you have to be sure you give the pup time to mature mentally and phisacally...i've seen a many of suppose to be dog men screw a pup up because they thought the pup was ready to hunt just because the pup was "hot"

18. Roche

Roche Big Dog

Yeah. I have learned to wait until the pup is fully matured. Luckily I learned this the easy way

19. cutt

cutt CH Dog

Your dog doesnt happen to have a star in its eye does it?

20. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

LMAO, hahahahahahaha about fell off my chair LOL