1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

info Tom Garner

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by vacaroz, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NC

NC CH Dog

Amen brother!

2. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

Holey Deja Vu Batman. I had this same argument on a different website. We all agree not everyone should breed, most of us jump on folks for breeding and say " leave the breeding for the experienced people" . To me thats what TG is EXPERIENCED. The man has a proven track record of producing great dogs that most of us would welcome on our yards.

14 Litters sounds like alot do doubt, however I would rather folks like TG to be the ones doing the breeding. Atleast the man has standards and strives to perserve the breed to its origanal form. As I stated earlier, when running a large yard of 80+ dogs there is no way he is making a killing off of breeding. I know some of the folks here run large yards and i'm sure they are more familiar with the costs of maintaining a yard and I am sure they agree that the upkeep is costly.

So if TG wants to produce 14 litters a year I say let him, I would much rather have 140 well bred dogs a year come into this world than 1000's of curr's of inferior breedings that we see all the time. So MHO....Breed on Tom...breed on !

3. Phebes

Phebes Guest

4. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Very cool...Thanks for sharing this info. :) It's much appreciated.

5. Pirbul

Pirbul CH Dog

Im happy with my Dyno pup, the customer service with Tom coulda been a lil better but i guess buying a dog by emails from Spain wasnt the best way. I would buy another one from him but traveling to his kennel.

6. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

If you think 1000 for a pup from him is too much, you probably haven't seen a single good one.

If you haven't seen a single good one, you probably haven't seen any of El Negro's offspring :p

7. ROSE

ROSE Banned

Whatever the cost,BUY what you can AFFORD and what you NEED.and that goes for anything. Just think where would any of us be if it wasn't for this PEDDLER,J.Colby.? or was he just a GREAT BREEDER that sold good dogs? What we have is BREEDERS,GLADIATORS and PEDDLERS.

8. B

B CH Dog

I had 2 dogs that I raised straight from pups off T.G. yard. I only have a single dog now as one left this world early due to a bad accident. I do plan on adding another pup off Ch. El Negro ROM after I get my housing situation settled. Regardless of what anyone says I have had wonderful experiences with the dogs from his place. They are perfect in conformation, drive, intelligence and stability. I couldn't ask more from a working dog. Good luck with your decision.

9. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Great post, Idgie. Especially what I put into bold.

10. vacaroz

vacaroz Big Dog

i recent purced a dog from GARNER'S FRISCO ROM & GARNER'S YOKO POR on his fother and jeep, yelow dog on his mother.who have tihs cross? somme opinions. thank`s. regards

11. bulldog426

bulldog426 Big Dog

if i had the money i'd definately get some of the heavy chinaman stuff. 900 aint too bad, a friend of mine just shipped a dog up north for 5grand. way more than i can afford to pay for a dog, i could buy a nice little truck for that.

12. mmartin

mmartin Pup

i just did a breeding with dynomite and tom was great to work with. he returned all my calls and emails promt and everything worked out great.

13. masta of game

masta of game Banned

thanks..i didnt know that

14. Caos

Caos CH Dog

what JMAN told it's true TG don't sell all those pups he keep with all most them I purchase a Dynomite dogs and his a very good dog acting great my favorites in TG yard are Bolo(hear very good things about his offspring),El Negro(no words)and Dynomite who produce nice too.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2008
  15. game_test

game_test Top Dog

damn old thread edited......

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2008
  16. Anyone that has followed my posting will remember my thoughts and analysis of Tom Garner and his kennel. That said, I need to keep it "real".

There was supposed to be an agreement among men. A man's word is more valuable than any amount of money. In the fraternity, your word is your bond. This guy "D" clearly agreed without an intent to fulfill his promise. He wanted that dog no matter what he had to do or say. In my eyes, "D" is a scumbag for showing and breeding against the agreement.

Sure, easy to void a contract "D" never intended to follow. In fact, D voided the contract when he agree to show the dog. Excuses are plentiful but there is only one truth.

Curious, He was not a man when he agreed to the stipulations already knowing they would be broken.

Only children and inmature people "do as they will" ignoring promises and agreements. A man stands behind his word EVEN amidst disagreement.

That D character F@CKED UP big time. I would not piss on him even if he was on fire.[​IMG]:cool:

17. DIBOTIBO

DIBOTIBO Banned

O.K. Point taken golden gloves, yet still. Street kids my @ss. I know grown @ss men who still to date dont know a thing about breeding and crossing bloods. It's become an opionated mess! D was wrong for showing choco, but let's keep it real. I would've told tom, if I give you this money, I will do as I will w/my property. He may not have sold me choc, but so the f$%^ what? Who gives 2 pennies? Go elsewhere and get better than choco. You don't go buy a new corvette from the chevy dealer, and upon leaving, they say "don't ride such and such in this car. Don't race it against other chevys as it may be bad for business, and never park it outside for more than 24 hrs........I MEAN WAKE UP PEOPLE! It's your hard earned money. What's it to a legend anyway? Problem w/the whole situation is fake azz Tom would have bred Choco to any black man that brought a dripping bitch to him. As well as sold offspring. His gripes and complaints merely came off of jealousy and envy. If he was going to act like a big baby and expose his TRUE (REAL AS U SAY BALBOA) COLORS, then maybe he should have just kept the dog in the 1st place. But no, when your greedy.....you'll sell the boxers off of your @ss, and worry about being naked later. Thruth be told, Tom had no intentions of keeping choco. Like I said, he was very shy and D was going to purchase another male that tom quickly took off the market for whatever reason. He didn't expect Choco to do so well, so he let him go instead thinking he got over. Only breed him d. Yea of course, only breed him, your thinking he's a piece of ice. In other words, bring these bad traits into your yard, and out of mine sucker!!!!! Well, d is a real dogman, and we don't just breed shi+ balboa, we MAKE SURE 1ST!

18. You seem to agree with me in a round about way.

Yes, D should have been straight forward with Tom and either gotten it anyway, had to pay more, or go elsewhere. Instead, he agreed knowing his manly ways had no intention of fulfilling the deal.

I can tell you several reasons why breeders get into co-ownerships or make people agree to a certain things. Your analogy of a corvette is not valid. All cars in the same model are the same. Dogs on the other hand have different level of potential or bred-for purpose....some breeders breed "future studs". Well, like i said, there are several reasons people get into agreements. Regardless, if you agree you should comply.

Also, i do agree that it is not just street kids who know little to nothing about game dogs.....grown ass men as well. This is why we continue to say, "This breed is not for everyone. Close the circle" The second part (IMHO) does not mean do not let anyone else in...it means, g@ddamit pay attention who you let into it.

I would suggest you do not get into agreements with this "D" fellow. It seems he may or may not satisfy his part. Just some friendly advise.

YIS,

Rocky

19. DIBOTIBO

DIBOTIBO Banned

kOOL BEANS ROC. D is out of dogs now. He was a small living legend here in South Carolina. Me myself, have never purchased anything from d. It was all a gift w/more knowledge about how to go forward. Some I retained, and some went in one ear and out of the other. I just basically wanted people to understand in this post, Tom is a racist, a Hustler, and a business man since that was in question. Of course he cares for the pups man, @ 1,000 a pop, shouldn't we care for him? lol. J/k. He's done alot for the breed, and imo is a top breeder. The Eli line of dog imo is the hardest line to work with. Between culling, linebreeding, and cross breeding, it gets tough yet tom mastered it. The problem w/the eli stuff was that it was all from loose or tight line breedings. The snooty,rascal,jeep,chinaman,nigerino........it all comes down thru the same stuff. It was already tight back then in other words, so when amatures get this blood, it's often to much to handle and sucessfully breed. Tom did, and for that he gets credit. For being a klansman though, he gets the middle finga! Lets go obama! J/k. I understand what you meant in your post, and I agree to an extent. But the better blood you speak of (outside of the average blood) should be kept in your yard, and yours only. Don't spread it around to irresponsible people.

20. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

Well i might be a minority on this But if he did what you said, that ONLY made me have 100 times MORE respect for Tom......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.