1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Inbreeding

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by PrettyPitPrinces, Apr 28, 2010.

1. grave digger

grave digger Top Dog

Lmao right the things that people say now a days and don't even know what there are saying lol my god

2. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

You tell the truth on that!!

I once had a guy some years ago tell me if you didn't breed s bitch every season her uterus would fall out! That has to be one of the craziest things I've heard by far.

But as far as inbreeding, I've heard it will make them crazy, it will make them vicious & every defect under the sun is blamed on it. All false.

Blessings ...

3. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

Bahahaha thats hallarious, that wouldnt be a pretty sight

4. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Might be interesting though, You're walking your dog and all of a sudden plop.. aww damn I should have bred her on ther last heat... oh well at least i know an old wives tale is proven true now. As I whistle and continue walking leaving the uterus laying on the ground. LMAO.

5. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

lol, you guys are crazy!! But seriously, he wholeheartedly believed it & bred his bitch every heat from the time she had her 1st cycle. She ended up dying at the age of 4 or 5. Probably too much stress on her body is all I can figure. :(

Blessings ...

6. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Probably, or since all of the nutrients and stuff never had time to replenish themselves she ended up catching something or whatnot.

7. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

But as far as inbreeding, I've heard it will make them crazy, it will make them vicious & every defect under the sun is blamed on it. All false.

Blessings ...[/QUOTE]

no, there is a whole lot of truth in that. inbreeding in fact does make "crazy" dogs. any genetic faults (defects) will likely appear with a tight breeding, (father x daughter, mother x son, and brother x sister), hence most inbred pups should be culls. but since most people breeding pitbulls are yard blind or puppy peddlers the defective dogs end up in someones backyard.
    look at any gazette, the clowns are selling their "pure" lonzo, redboy, jeep, or whatever. all they care about is how many times they can get the name "lonzo" or the name "jeep" in their ad. if you see 3 generations of father x daughter breeding chances are you are dealing with a fool who has no business breeding dogs and just wants to peddle pups.

8. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

9. benthere

with the exception of renee and amy I don't think anyone in the "adba family" gives a rat's ass about the breed. all they care about is $$$ so the more pups the more $$$.

10. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

This is probably true but the post is a good article written by Maholmes on breeding best to best and line/inbreeding.

11. Nothing wrong with inbreeding and linebreeding IF the breeder is responsible, willing to cull if mistakes crop up, and has some knowledge of breeding. If a line has a desirable trait, inbreeding can bring that trait out stronger - the same goes for undesirable traits too though - if inbreeding occurs with badly bred dogs it can accentuate and bring out the bad traits even more.

This chart shows a continuous sire to daughter mating:

[​IMG]

For some charts and more detailed information on the different effects of various linebreeding and inbreeding strategies - take a peek at this book excerpt:

Inbreeding and brood stock management - Google Books

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2010
  12. Should say sire to daughters left out that s...

13. benthere

the average pitbull owner will read that article and think its okay to inbreed their 2 closely related curs, then the ADBA will be more than happy to register them and help them peddle the pups. in this case its the UKC thats enabling the incest puppy peddler. I feel sorry for the girl who bought the pup that started the thread. most likely she'll raise a dog with some serious problems that will cost her money and heartache. she's probably already attached to the pup, my advice to her would be to cut her losses, return the pup and find another breeder.

14. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

[/QUOTE] no, there is a whole lot of truth in that. inbreeding in fact does make "crazy" dogs. any genetic faults (defects) will likely appear with a tight breeding, (father x daughter, mother x son, and brother x sister), hence most inbred pups should be culls. [/QUOTE]

I have to respectfully disagree. Inbreeding does not "make" crazy dogs (or defective dogs in any way). It only exposes defect(s) that were already there.

I ask you, would you have culled the following?

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [165] :: TUDOR'S MINNIE

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [6813] :: <B><FONT COLOR=GREEN>LANCASTER'S SNAKE (2XW)

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [60] :: BASS TRAMP RED BOY

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [2555] :: <b><font color=green>GARRETT'S CRACKER (2XW)

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=13910

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=107

And then there is the most famous inbred dog, a true world changer in the dog game ...

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=4088

I could go on, but you get the idea.

Now I agree some do "pack & stack" pedigrees for $$$. But to cull a dog simply b/c it's inbred? Come on now. If the dog world followed that train of thought, most of the world's best APBTs would have never existed.

Blessings ...

15. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Wow, BT you are really against linebreeding/inbreeding huh. You like them scatterbreds? Different strokes for different folks I guess.

16. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

I have been following this thread since it started. The example of scrub ( inbreed on blind billy) caught my attention. After studying peds for some time I now think maybe the great FB was just following the standard practice of the time and was just hiding the formula to produce Eli. Even if he wasn't and billy's ped is right all you have to do is look at the modern line of Eli dogs as an example of how inbreeding is not the best method. If inbreeding was such a good way to go, why then do the modern Eli dogs have so many outcrosses? In my humble opinion inbreeding is only good for at most two or three gens, after that things go down hill fast. I speak from experience as I have owned extremely tight bred dogs. I only got a couple of really good ones from tight breedings. One did not have a lick of talent and the other I believe wasn't tight bred just me getting the paper work I asked for. Please excuse typos I am doing thus on a cell phone b

17. benthere

inbreeding $ells to the newbies. most of the peddlers in the gazette peddle the "tightest"..... bloodline, always looking backwards for "purity"
    pure "lonzo" pure "jeep" tab, floyd, etc.

who bred the dogs and why did they breed them is the bottom line.

I'd take an inbred dog from j garrett or the kitten.

18. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

as would nearly anyone with half a brain...that goes back to the whole "throwing papers out the window and trusting who youre getting the dog from." a whole other can;)

19. Junebug

Junebug Big Dog

most of the world's best APBTs would have never existed.

Flawed logic. A very deterministic view. If all of those dogs were culled there would have been x amount of dogs to take their place. "...world's best APBTs.." is a relative term. Where is your control or baseline; you don't know because there is no alternative history to compare it to-- Feynman would call that Sum over histories.....
    Your statement smacks of genetic determinism which went out of vogue some time ago. history is non-linear with no predetermined outcome. An intro to the scientific method would help you better understand these simple points or you could brush up on some Supersymmetry....