1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

In Memory of the "Denver 38"

Discussion in 'R.I.P.' started by Verderben, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

1 person likes this.
  2. CB

CB CH Dog

Re: In Memory of the "Denver 38"

Thats sad. Did they kill them because those dogs were cross bred with pit bulls and other breeds or something?

3. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

That was a smart ass comment and you know it. Those dogs didnt deserve to die no matter what breed or mix they were.

4. CB

CB CH Dog

Sorry if i offended you if you would like me to take that comment down then tell me. And no they didnt deserve it.

5. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

No you dont have to but there were many people involved trying to get those dogs out and they were killed to further someones "agenda". BSL isn't right no matter what breed or mix. Those dogs were friendly, they never bit anyone or hurt anyone, They were killed because of how they looked. It isn't right. I am sick to my stomach over this.

6. JuicyCa

JuicyCa Big Dog

Sorry, I know this is a touchy subject, but that was a good one, CB.

I noticed that most of the dogs shown were "blue bullies", but we all know that they are killing ALL "pit bulls". I will never go to Denver as long as I f'ing live. Screw those bastards! I can't believe the people of that city aren't revolting or rioting over this. They must be more civilized than most other big cities. NOT!

RIP to all dogs MURDERED by the City of Denver.

7. PorsA

PorsA Big Dog

It's sad for the dogs. But it's the people to blame. These dogs are bred to look mean and most of the people buy them because of that.
    Wrong dogs for wrong people.

8. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

Denver is a real, flaky city. Even without BSL.

9. Dirty3rd

Dirty3rd Big Dog

SOS. Maybe one day I'll understand why people with a main goal of preserving a breed and preventing a total ban get divided amongst each other over the same old stupid s***. Maybe this is why BSL gets passed. We're too busy arguing over what's what when this breed needs every man and woman that they can get despite personal opinions on the dogs. JMO

Verderben likes this.
  10. Suki

Suki Guest

That was great! TY for doing that!:)

everyone should be so caring.....

11. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

The worst part is they lead everyone to believe that MAYBE at least the pups could be released for awhile. Then they couldnt then, maybe again they could. Then suddenly it was whoops they're all dead. Bastards.

12. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

What really got me was the smiling faces. The puppies were agony, but those big smiling faces really got to me. Those were damn good dogs, hated and killed by such obvious ignorance. These Denver AC puppets have no honor, no purpose in what they do/have done.

One of my clients moved to Denver last year with her family, and knew nothing of the ban. She had lived there for a couple months when she decided to go to AC to see if they could help direct her to a good place to have her dog's records updated. She told me the woman got almost excited when she asked "what breed of dog do you have?" Not knowing better she said an "american bulldog or pit bull mix, we aren't sure." The woman immediately looked over the desk to see if she had the dog with her, and looking a bit disappointed told her "It's probably a good thing she's not here, we'd have to take her and you wouldn't get her back". She snuck her dog (a 6 year old female, been with their family since she was a pup) onto the first flight out of Denver, back to Georgia. Her mother picked the dog up at the airport and took care of her here while they quit their jobs in Denver, pulled their kids out of school, sold their house and moved back to GA.

Wonderful dedicated owners for sure, and the story has a happy ending. But what the hell has gone so nuts in any U.S. city for its citizens to have to smuggle out their dogs in such a way? How can we be the only people in America (with a handful of politicians and rescuers and citizens who love bullies) who see how ludicris this has become?

13. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

Thanks for the memorial.
    It'll be a cold day in HELL before I ever spend a dime in Colorado or set foot there. And I have written them to tell them so. Don't go there and don't spend money there or buy anything from there and let them know also.

14. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

15. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

I just wrote that jerk. He's going to hate me for what I said & so damn what! I'll never enter that state!