1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

In great shape for American Bullys

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Diesel, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

Of course I am not trying to compare them point for point with a gamedog... that would be stupid. But they are leaps and bounds over a lot of the bully style dogs that I have seen lately. This is becoming more of a trend, people wanting thier dogs to be in good physical shape.

Just wanted to share some good looking dogs
    http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j124/iepits1/DSC_0148_00.jpg?t=1176144534]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j124/iep...pg?t=1176144534

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j124/iepits1/DSC_0179_00.jpg?t=1176144586]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j124/iep...pg?t=1176144586

and these two
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2007
  2. i,m not even going to touch that one lol

3. jadedpitgirl

jadedpitgirl Top Dog

I think they look great for the bully style dogs! I love the look of the white one. She is really nice looking, even though she is a little large for my tastes. The black one doesn't look too bad either. I just wish it was a better picture. I hate to see the pics of the dogs tied:eek:

4. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I agree. That white AB looks like she is in great shape. Although I agree, the pic of the tie makes me want to gag. But hey, it's all about the Benjamins, right?

5. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

Most breeders want to see the picture of the tie... you got to remember that there are some VERY shady people in those lines of dogs. There are all kinds of paper-hanging BS going on. Saying that pups are out of this and that dog, but they really arent. so a lot of times the public wants to see the two dogs locked up to prove that the breeding being advertised actually took place. its a sad thing when you think about it but some of the people that are breeding those lines arent exactly the most trust worthy people.

so a lot of times a stud fee is paid based on a proven lock of the dogs in question. These pics are REALLLY... REALLY common.

6. ericschevy

ericschevy Big Dog

DAMMMMMMMNNNNN, The white one caught my eye instantly..(Thumbs Up)
    Yes, In verry good shape..IMHO.

7. CHINADOG

CHINADOG Pup

Ugly mutts
    Created without any concern about health problems, only to satisfiy peoples own ego..

8. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

Thank you for your opinon, however off topic.

All we are looking for is a opinion on the conditioning of the dogs... not if you think they should exist or not. I dont expect that anyone here is going to say that based on these pics these dogs now have place. I am just saying that they are in good shape. thats all. lets not run off on that tangent.

9. CHINADOG

CHINADOG Pup

You are welcome..

10. I agree. These type of dogs only ruin the breed. Not good for anything but puppy peddelers

11. MTNDOG

MTNDOG Big Dog

Don't worry about what these people say diesel. Most are just repeating what they have heard from someone else on this silly board. They are nice looking dogs and im sure your very proud of them. I don't own bully's but I get tired of all the hate on these dogs, just cause someone else may not like them. This is america people everyone does'nt have to like/have the same things.

12. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

The dogs look like they are in great shape. I don't see how they are ruining the APBT breed, they are not APBTs, I think that is stated in the title of this post. The AB dog to me is an Am Staff.....and I like how these Staffs are conditioned much better than what I see in the dog shows, but then again I like muscles that show.

13. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

THANK YOU!

This says it all right there.

14. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Bully or not, what would be the reason for breeding those dogs? Multi-titled? Show champions? To use as jumps for the standard dogs? (Levity, I know. Forgive me.) And I don't mean "those dogs" as in that type, but those individual dogs.

ETA: Gah. And do they have to do it out on the beach with people standing around watching? A back yard wont suffice? :rolleyes:

15. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

In that particular case i believe the owener of the sire and the owner of the dam are from different states but had planned to come together at a bully event. they went away from everyone to perform the breeding and some people followed. Thats what i think i heard on that one... at any rate.

Now in general I agree taht dogs should be bred with purpose... but lets be real there are a LOT of breeds that have no purpose whatsoever other then companion animals. They make nice pets. The person who wants them loves them. i dont see why anyone here feels the need to interject thier personal philosophy on another person choice in pet.

They are not being labled as APBTs and there is still something to complain about. how about any one of the 50 designer breeds that are out there with thier "lick-my doodle" dogs? They have NO purpose.. at least these dogs are doing something. they are working and weight-pulling and staying active.

These two particular dogs are probably two of the best american Bullies i have seen. i think if your going to breed any of them i would like to see these two over the other lazy ass POS dogs that are out there being pumped out.

16. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I don't agree with the breeding of doodle-poos either. So you're telling me there's really no more reason for breeding those two dogs than there would be for breeding a Cocker with a poodle? ;) As you said, there are probably as many companion breeds as there are days in the year.

17. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

I really like the looks of the white one, good lookin dog. And I commend you for calling them what they are instead of trying to pass them off as APBT's. But what do the owners call them? And are they going to call them APBT's in order to sell pups?

18. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Ok D, "lick-my-doodle" dogs......I just spit my coffee, LMAO. What is the guideline for non-working dog breeding????? Is it sort of analogous to working dogs, only titled dogs from the show ring or some other sanctioned event make the dog worthy of breeding????? Just wondering.

19. MTNDOG

MTNDOG Big Dog

I was just wondering if you realized that there are a hell of alot more people who disagree with breeding gamedogs than those who disagree with cocker doodles? Does that make you wrong? Just something to think about. Im not saying I disagree with you, but I do realize that not everyone thinks and feels like me and that is fine.

20. Diesel

Diesel Top Dog

Never say that to a doodle dog breeder they get SO mad.

Thats a great question... because there are a LOT of non-working breeds out there. and thanks to the show world a lot of the workin breeds arent even working dogs anymore. Titles are all well and good and when i can i like to see them in place or at least being attained... but titles dont make a dog.

ESPECIALLY show dog titles... you can take any dog to enough shows and get it champed. you just have to have it in from of the right judges. that doesnt make the dog a great dog. Unless it is a performance title i could care less. And even then I have seen titled dogs that couldnt hold a candle to untitled ones. a lot of really good breeders dont worry about that kind of stuff. they dont have the time to travel the country and spend gobs of money at trials and shows to get the dogs titled in the activity but that doesnt mean they arent great.

I do my research on the dog itself and the dogs in its pedigree and thats how i choose my dogs. performance titles help but are not mandatory in my world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.