1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

I'm I running my pup to soon

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by carson3535, Oct 6, 2004.

1. carson3535

carson3535 Big Dog

Am I running my pup to soon

I have a 3.5 month old pup and we run outside in our big yard and up and down 2 hills for about 20 -30 min. every other day. I made a loop on a rope for me to hang on to and put 2 ft. of water hose on the other end for her and she will chase me all over the place including the hills. Sometimes she will lock down on the water hose and I will run her on her hind legs watching her teeth and mouth. Then we will walk for while then she wants to play chase for about another 10-15 min. I always make sure she has plenty of water. But just was wanting to see what you guys thought about me running her, are if I'm running her to much. And what age do you prefer to use a flirt pole or spring pole. Thanks

2. nc_pitbulls

nc_pitbulls Big Dog

i wouldn't run her that long since he's young and just starting to experience some things a good walk would do her some good , then wait till he 5 to 6 months and out him on a tredmill for atleast 5 to 10 minutes , he can walk then he can run for a few minutes. then 7 months on up start walking one day then run another just to see if he can keep the mind state as when he was on the tredmill. there are many things you can do. but let her grow before you start conditioning really hard. keep up the good work and i hope she becomes a handfull..lol....OMK

3. carson3535

carson3535 Big Dog

Tahks for the info

4. lol run her until she's doesnt want to run no more she is a pup and full of energy better let her run it out or she will find other ways if she lives inside like tearing up your couch or chewing your shoes let her run and play out side until she's ready to quit.........

5. carson3535

carson3535 Big Dog

thanks!!! Been doing that and now she has a partner do run even more with.

6. SSandecki

SSandecki Pup

Pitbulls cannot lock there jaws, they are just very powerful, there is no mammal as a matter of fact that can lock its jaws.

7. carson3535

carson3535 Big Dog

Man, I know that but when a mammal bites down onto something and doesn't want to let go it sounds better to say or maybe easier to say " Lock Down " instead of what ever else you may say. I never said she locked her jaws I said "She would lock down on the water hose" not her Jaws locking down. To lock down on something is to grab a hold of and not let go or.

So let me say it again in better terms for you.

Sometimes she will bite onto the water hose and will not want to let go of it until she is ready.

Thanks for your info on the things I asked.

8. BFKENNEL

BFKENNEL Big Dog

Me, my 3 month old male gamebred pup. I let him play like runnin' aroud and when he's warmed up. First we play tug of war and the last thing he'll notice he's playing in his soft spring pole. ( I use soft old spring and a stripped jeans) He's really enjoying it and shaking the jeans like a crazy dog.