1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Illegal pit bull must go, officials say

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Marty, May 26, 2005.

1. Marty

Marty Guest

Nova Scotia, Canada -- A pit bull owner in Guysborough County is vowing to keep her pet, even though officials plan to seize the 13-year-old dog for being in the county illegally.

"Right now I'm being attacked by everybody. I don't know what's going on anymore. I don't know if there's a warrant out there for my dog or not," said Marilyn Cameron.

Municipal officials say they have no choice but to enforce the bylaw banning pit bulls.

The ban has been in place since 1995. Rottweilers were added to the list in 2004, although a grandfather clause was added so registered dogs of that breed could stay.

Cameron wants Lloyd Hines, the warden of the municipality, to resign if he doesn't allow her to keep Zeus. She's also threatening to go to court to fight the bylaw.

County officials are refusing to comment because of Cameron's threat of legal action. But they say Zeus is an illegal dog and they plan to seize him.

* FROM MAY 25, 2005: Dog fight brewing over pit bull bylaw

2. Norvell57

Norvell57 Top Dog

thats messed up he she has had the dog that long with out any incodent she should be able to keep it