1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

if game-dog.com was yours

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by masta of game, Aug 29, 2009.

1. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

Not all to sure about a stud section. Even if it's just for "Gamebred" dogs only. think it would get too much negitive attention (ie so this dog is game tested?) and people would put they foot in they mouth. And that would just make it eassier for folks to peddle pups. and last i checked peddlin was part of the problem... JMO.... Would be a good way to raise money though. but that aint all it would raise.

Vic

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2009
  2. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

If the site decided to have a at stud section or classifieds,if I were running it,a question like that would be grounds for being banned from the site.There's things that people should be smart enough not ask in public.Peddling could be a potential problem but I think we could tell who the peddlers were after while.I wasn't going to mention a classifieds section but since it was brought up,I thought it potentially could bring some money into the site to help keep it going.But like you said,peddlers and people asking dumb questions could be a problem.

3. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

This could potentially work. It would have to be heavily moderated. . .but, if game-dogs implemented a classifieds section which was "upon approval only" to post in would you be willing to pay a montly or yearly fee to post in it?

There would need to be a criteria i think to approve or deny kennels/ppl wanting to post. But if kept to strictly and if this part of the site was only available/visible to premium members I believe it could be doable.

4. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

For sure ban there ass... people have shown time and time again they aren't smart enough to know what they should or should not be posting on a public forum but if it were a LIMITED access type thing then maybe it would work. but the peddlers, you just never know.

Vic

5. c.knight

c.knight Big Dog

I like this idea alot

6. GBandy

GBandy Big Dog

Straight forward set of rules! Three strikes your out policy! No foolishness tolerated. No flaming tolerated! If you ain't here to learn, listen or to talk dogs, then join another forum. Unless there are other disignated areas for general discussions, don't bring the drama in. Minimum number of Admins, with god powers, minimum number of moderators under those appointed Admins. Possibly other time zones? Geographical locations, to ensure site is being supervised at all times. More oversite and accountability within the chain of command. Lovin the ideas people, keep'em coming! How bout some out of the box thinking? Something other forums don't offer, but you'd like to see. PM's welcome!

7. Love it. I think the color theme you chose is great too. I'd love a chance to code up a better layout for this site if someone were to design it.

On a related note of earlier discussion:

I have to say if there is ever an American Bully forum here I will be finding another site to post on. I'm sorry but they are not pit bulls, they never will be pit bulls, and they are riddled with health problems. No responsible owner would ever advocate for having one of these dogs unless it were a rescue.

Making a forum for this "breed" as a compromise is disgusting to me and is the same as us telling them we have no problem with them ruining their dogs health and well being for head, chest, and "bully" looks. I do have a problem with it, I've seen how in pain and ruined the vast majority of this "breed" ends up and to welcome in folks who feel that is ok is just senseless to me.

8. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I would be willing to be a paying premium member if the fee was like $25 a year or so.What I think would work would be have a section of the site free so it could help people that had questions about health or parasite control,medical stuff,then have sections only premium members could be a part of for a $25 a year fee,then if someone wanted to post stud or dogs for sale ads,that might be another $30 or $40 a year for that privilege.Make the classifieds viewable by all premium members.No replies to the ad on the forum,to cut down on stupid questions,all replies go to email or phone number.That way it's between two people and not for the world to see.Also the site could sell T shirts,hats,bumper stickers or whatever promoting the site and anti BSL stuff and bringing in a little cash that way.But these are just some thoughts I had,may be good or may be bad ideas,you never know for sure until you try them.

9. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

good ideas being thrown out here....i like the idea of classifieds. there have been litters posted up on here id like to try one out of:D

10. I'd back up all the info saved on here onto a harddrive and then disperse all the great info out to the people who are worth a damn. I'd buy a backed-up copy of this site for reference use.

11. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

That's a great idea,it'd be a shame to loose all the information that's been posted here in the past few years.Just to see it vanish like ROM did would be awful.

12. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

The bully forum was just a suggestion, made by me. It was ONLY a suggestion, nothing more, nothing less. Since I suggested it, I never said they are pit bulls.

13. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

This is important. :) And communication among the staff is extremely important to keep a forum running smoothly. If your staff is good and fair, your forum will be good. Members take their action from the staff.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2009
  14. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Your right,the forum has to have the right kind of staff to keep it running smooth.I think we have some good mods here,I hope they all don't leave.

15. TASOSCHATZ

TASOSCHATZ Big Dog

All sound like good ideas, I am not sure about T shirts, hats etc in case you people worry about the feds, assuming that Americans will be the customer base. Also, again since I live abroad, what about a WTB, this way I wouldn't annoy everyone not interested sendind dogs away.

16. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

I would keep it the same way but members would have to fill out some type of e-applications for acess. Cause, if your really here to learn and promote the positive nature of this breed that we feed, than you would take the time to fill out the application and make commone sense answers. Also, sign some type of username signature block saying you understand the rules of the site so you can't say you didn't know how to act in public. And, if all that didn't work, I would pull the plug on the site. If you don't know, you don't need to know.

17. I'm aware of that, and I was giving my feedback on the idea.

18. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

I think even if Game-Dog stays under the current ownership its an idea to play with. And your help would be much appreciated if we do this in the future!

19. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Well,the T shirts,hats,bumper stickers would just be an idea.Kind of a way of promoting the site and getting a little extra money for the site to run on.Probably wouldn't make much but every little bit would help.I wouldn't worry about the feds over a T shirt.A want to buy section should be an easy fit in a classifeds,I'd think.I'm sure Americans would be the primary customer base but there's members of Game-Dog from all over the world.

20. Junebug

Junebug Big Dog

I would stop assisting goodman (?) and PETA by shutting it down at the risk of not helping the clueless greenhorn who has no business with this breed because they dont have a mentor (oldtimer) who can guide them. oh the tragedy:rolleyes: I sure as hell woudnt want this board on my conscience.