1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

if game-dog.com was yours

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by masta of game, Aug 29, 2009.

1. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

IF this site were to become mine (which it won't cause I don't have the money) first thing I'd do is start culling! lol Then I'd try my best to convince some old members who either left, sick of the way the site was headed, or were banned (for stupid reasons, IMO) to come back and make this site what it used to be years ago.

I would really like this site to be more of a place for bulldog people to have discussions about the APBT... instead of just another place for all bully breed fans. There are plenty of sites like that already! I came here to learn from dogmen about the breed, not to sift through sh*t about these d@mned "American Bullies" and UKC showdogs. That seems to be all that's on here anymore. It's saddening to me. =(

What might be a good way to go is making this board partially private. Maybe have a few basic sections open to all members and the rest for paying members only. ROM had a great set-up, IMO. On a side note: I miss that site dearly... and am still pissed having put so much time into it! I had added thousands --not hundreds, but THOUSANDS!-- of dogs to their pedigree database, only to have it suddenly shut down! Ugh!

2. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I agree completely,first step to a good yard of dogs is cull the trash,lol.May not have as many but what you'll have would be worth keeping.Same probably goes with a website.I wasn't around when alot of the old members were banned for whatever reason but I'm sure several would have some positive input on a gamedog forum,I'd vote to bring back certain ones that might be good for the site.I also miss ROM,I liked it really well.I think a special section for paying members is a great idea with some added features the basic membership wouldn't have.

3. GBandy

GBandy Big Dog

There are some great ideas coming out some of the members! Trust me I'm taking notes! ;) I like to see constuctive and postive things come from the general public, because without them, there would be know g-d. What do yall think about refreshing the site, ex. new look, new sections, more pictures for visual appeal. Icons and pictures of the dogs that preserve the rustic feel and spirit of the true game bred APBT?

I agree that being a public forum there needs to be sections for the masses. But, imo I highly recommend private or by invitation only forums for those who are willing to pay a small membership fee and really get down and dirty with the true gamers and fanciers of this breed. Closing the circles, yet allowing the general public to enjoy the historical and informational aspect of ABPT's. I'd also like to see some oldtimers back on here, even if it were just to tell stories.

Something like a questions and answer chat session or possible internet radio show, like bully world...Just an idea. The site definetely needs to establish a "wow" factor to get more traffic coming through and to get the loyal and faithful back on board. Change is good and it brings excitement back into the game. Keep them ideas coming brothers and sisters!

4. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

I agree with keepin this site strictly for the game dogs. A section for the dog's of the past and the present with their own section pertaining to the bloodlines they come from would be a good idea! :D

This site means alot to newbies and to all who have been in the game for awhile! This site has been around for awhile now and it's come too far just to let it all go down the drain! :(

I

5. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

Forums front page:

Stats can go to the bottom of the page.

Rearrange and get rid of some of the irrelevant forums. It's a dog forum.
    The first you see are "off topic", "jokes" "the pit". Move the dog forums to the top of the list.

Get rid of jokes, consolidate it to the off topic forum.

Get rid of "the pit". It brings absolute nothing positive to the forum. It promotes dissension.

Add a health and nutrition forum.

Add a training and behavior forum.

6. c.knight

c.knight Big Dog

Personally i think the site has gona SOFT and im sure its just to be cautious but thats just how i feel

Also can we have a section dedicated to old stories interviews and maybe excerts from any of the books u guys own that some of us cant get

7. masta of game

masta of game Banned

i like that, especially the training of puppies or adults and behavior

8. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

Preserving the game bred dog is very important and when newbies get or are thinking about getting a true APBT there really is not another forum for them to go to. Yeah they can go to a pet forum where people will tell them they can have multiple APBT's living together lose without a problem, or they can take them to dog parks and turn them lose. Then they will ends up a statistic with "pit mauls poodle at dog park". This is a great place where people can be educated by other owners who own the same type of dog. While I know we have a great base of pet ppl here I think it is important to maintain what this site is about, the GD.
    I do not think adding a bully forum will do any good on the site, it will start problems.
    A working dog section for hunters and other sports would be cool!

I think this site has great value in the APBT community and I miss how it use to be. Many of the really great dogmen got run out by staff (for stupid Sh*t) or just left because of the direction the site started to take. It would be nice to get some of them back.

9. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

Yeah then we can rename it pit bull chat

10. c.knight

c.knight Big Dog

And i really like the private sector something has to be cutout from the public

11. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

of course it has- gotta do what you gotta do to survive. just look at how many sites have dissapeared in the last 12 months, sites that werent "soft", and let you talk about whatever
    i.e. you have a free speaking forum and its gonna get shut down. peds online is the only exception to the rule-and that is only because the morons over there feeding the LE all the info they need

12. masta of game

masta of game Banned

exactly

thats exactly what i think

its like marketing..u gotta show softness and smile to the customer...but reality its ripp offf..gotta play the game.. u must change .

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2009
  13. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I think a section for old stories,interviews,match reports and excerpts from old books that are out of print or otherwise unattainable,would be great.A really in detail health section would be great also.

14. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

Preserving the breed is important. However, in these times, since this breed is everywhere, it's extremely important to educate those owners as to this breed's tempermant and how to handle a breed such as this one. They are not for everyone.

And I don't know what pet forums you've been at where they promote dog parks, having loose dogs together, etc.......I guess you haven't been on the forum I moderate on because we do not promote that at all.

This is a great site for educating the owners that don't know as much as the more experienced owners. Generally speaking, that's where "egos" need to be left at the door.

15. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

I believe I made a positive contribution to this thread. How did your snarky comment help? BTW, that's not how my forum is laid out. ;) But, my forum is crazy successful......:p.....so why not take the advice?

Look at the forums page. Who wants to look at the stats page right out on top? The first thing that catches your eye is that 2 of the top posters are banned. Well, now, there's a positive sign. If you've been a member on here long enough, you'd also know that the second and third posters no longer visit the site.

People come here to learn about dogs, therefore, the top forums in a person's sight line should be about dogs, not jokes or off topic discussions.

16. JBlazeRx7

JBlazeRx7 Top Dog

I think that alot of hard culling needs to be done! Just like what the SDJ use to do.:cool:

17. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I know there have been several,actual most of the APBT sites have vanished in the last year.I don't really know how websites operate,and I know it's stupid to talk about anything current but I was just wondering if a website 's topics stayed in the past if there is anything illegal about it.I guess what I'm saying is there anyway a website can be run and not have to answer to political correctness?To me a 30 or 40 year old video or pictures of a match shouldn't be illegal but I was wondering if it's enough to get a site shut down?I really don't know.

18. performanceknls

performanceknls Top Dog

I have been on many forums that give bad advise, not the mods I am talking about the pet bull mentality. Having people who own the dogs is the best people to learn from. I am simply making a point that this site is important to newbies and also holds great informational threads as well as historical info.

Not bashing all pet sites , I like a few but there are those that do more harm than good for a real bulldog not a pet.

I am sure you so a good job on whatever site you moderate.

And 3TMTA3 I have my own issues with you, sorry to everyone else for posting it here. You know what they are and no need to take it to the thread.

19. GBandy

GBandy Big Dog

Ok I intended my post to get positive responses not, start animosity amongst one another. I see that there are several members and moderators from the other forum, that a closely associated to g-d's. But, I'd appreciate if the thread could stay on topic. As for checking ego-s at the door, I believe people have a right to have pride. Comparing g-d's to other pitbull forums, imo is not fair. This sites catters to the true fancier of the gamebred APBT, it also allows people to learn and educate themselves about the history of the breed.

As some one stated and it is reiterated over and over that this breed is not for everyone. I couldn't agree more with that statement. But, in regards to the ownership of the gamebred APBT's, closing the circles is a must to preserve this breed. Thus, making the forum availabe to private paid members, is necessary as it keeps the less informed general public, at bay, and gives them the opportunity to learn and ask general questions first. Oldtimers know and people that have been around the game, know when certain questions are being asked. You're either a greenhorn, a snitch, a future know it all, or just plain reckless.

Out of site out of mind! And using above average judgement when it comes to these dogs, and the people that choose to get into them, will take you farther into the future and get you to where you want to go. As for ideas? how bout suggestions on a new graphics and new look. Color schemes? Images? If you got them and they're good quality, I'd suggest keeping them accessible, just in case they can be contributed to a possible new owner!

20. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

I think the site needs to display historical dogs!

I made a banner to illustrate the color theme I would use throughout the site and how I'd display the dogs. . .

[​IMG]