1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

if game-dog.com was yours

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by masta of game, Aug 29, 2009.

1. masta of game

masta of game Banned

what changes would u make

wouldu run it the same way... how about the rules

2. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

Ok so, this is a good idea. How about we start over.

What functions or ideas do you see in place on other forums that you would like implemented on Game-dog.com? What other ideas would you like to try out?

Is there a better look you'd prefer? How about different rules you think we need or rules you would change? Would you be more or less strict?

Would you invite more ads if that meant prizes for contests or something to that effect?

Let's here it members! If game-dog is taken over by a fancier they will want to know how to make the site smoother and better. So here is your chance to give your two cents! Make it count. . . ;)

3. Nell_Bell

Nell_Bell Big Dog

I would like to see updated instructions with pictures on how to use the functions in the user CP and other functions available in the forum.

Getting the links section updated, deleting out of date/defunct links there

Upgraded membership as prizes in contests, possibly

4. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

I think that a more extensive "paid" forum would bring in more users with premium membership.

Also, maybe an invite ONLY section within that area. . .

5. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Id like too see the individual bloodlines secton back. I'd welcome the knowlidge of all oldtimers even the ones not so people friendly. I'd also tell the whiners and tattle tales to grow a thicker skin and to stop wasteing the moderators time. Then direct them to a Coc-a-poo fourm.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2009
  6. BustaH

BustaH Top Dog

I really dont think adds would be a good thing at all. If a site like this can recover its server costs its doing ok I think, I'd like to see the earthy feel about the site kept too many bells and whistles all around us as it is really.

Simple websites/forums are easier on the eye and the coding work is not a nightmare, keep the scripts to a minimum. It depends what you are aiming for and what your targets are. wherever possible [owners dependant] the subject matter and central message needs to remain paramount over any other motive.:)

just my 2 cents for what its worth.

7. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

Noway, you know the site already has ads right? They are only visible to members who do not have a paid membership. . . or guests. This is how they are recovering their costs currently.

8. BustaH

BustaH Top Dog

Yes Stopbsl, but I use a very good ad blocker:D so I cant see them, they are wasted on me.;)

9. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

Just wanted to check you knew that was already being used. . .

I think that this site needs to know what users are looking for if it wants to recover in the hands of Marty or anyone else!

10. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

First thing I would do is make sure all egos are checked at the door before entering.

Admins and moderators ALL need to be on the same page, no favoritisim.

Educate when you can, and if you can't, move on.

No bashing of ANY BREED OF DOG.

I would be willing to bet a paycheck that if a REAL dogman from yester year read some of the nasty things people say on this forum, they would cringe. I do believe that MOST of your past dogmen would rather see people educate, and not bash. After all, it was THEM that gave you what you have today.

11. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I pretty much like the way it's run now.If it was mine I'd like a hunting section,probably would be a no tree hugger policy,lol.We've had a few and they're always trouble.I'd like a section consisting of historical match reports and stories.Whatever it turns into,I hope it stays a Game Dog forum and don't turn into something else.

12. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

yeah i think adding the individual bloodlines sections, and having reading posted on some of the famous dogs and stories would be great! i also agree with the educate policy. some people have alot of knowledge they could share but they bash people with less knowledge which doesnt really do anyone any good at all. I think some people forget where they came from, this isnt knowledge you're born with... everyone was a newbie and learned from someone at some point. I hope everything really works out for this site, i owe alot of knowledge to it and the members on here.

13. Advocate

Advocate Big Dog

Wouldnt change a thing about the site. Just the members.

14. Scratchy

Scratchy Pup

I'd get rid of the bully bashing threads even though that would most of the threads here. Sure people like drama, but that topic has got to be the most popular here, when it shouldn't be.

15. JoeFeezy

JoeFeezy Big Dog

Lol that made me laugh. Im pretty sure i know one instance your talking about and i was just looking at that thread.

16. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

Make a separate forum for the American Bully and have it heavily moderated. That would solve your problem of having it all over the forum. You have it confined to one forum.

17. Scratchy

Scratchy Pup

Not to get too personal but when I asked about those who own rotties here, which I know some do, I was mocked and dissed. My point is, bullys are a completely different breed but it seems to be the only thing most here agree on when that shouldn't be the case. As much as it tears the APBT apart it brings APBT people together. The foundation of this site has been broken. True, I'm preaching from the pews. For the first couple of years it was here it was very live and informative with true dogmen and true lovers of this breed. True there are some threads with a wealth of information but to find them requires heavy digging through the crap that exist. For years someone like myself never posted because there was no need to. Whether or not Marty lets the site out of his hands, it needs heavy moderation as a whole. The BS needs to be checked. All of it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2009
  18. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I know alot of people probably don't like the bully bashing but they have several forums of their own,with a name like Game-Dog.com,I'd like to see it stay 100% game dogs.But that's if it were me deciding,but since I don't have $6000 it won't be me.:(

19. masta of game

masta of game Banned

i would really sad if i see a bully section in here...this is a working bull terrier site.... put a section for working bull dog / terrier.... not BULLIES.. :(

we welcome them fine, no bashing, alright... now they have their own forum in here..in a GAME -DOG FORUm. this is crazy:rolleyes:

20. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

That's the way I feel about it too.The name Game Dog means just that to me.It'd be like having a forum for heterosexual men to talk about women and then having to have a gay section to keep the gays happy.Let them get their own forum,lol:D What I'd like would be a site strictly devoted to the preservation of the APBT in it's original form,with a hunting section,off topic section,bloodlines,jokes,got to keep the pit going of course,LOL.That's how I'd like it to be,just a good site for good gamedog people to get together and talk.