1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Iditarod

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by wolverine, May 19, 2008.

1. wolverine

wolverine Pup

If Conditioning Properly---could Pitbulls Survive The Alaskan Iditarod???

2. SPFDOGS

SPFDOGS Guest

Dude.......(shaking my head).......

3. koening

koening Top Dog

It's to cold for an APBT to go to the Iditarod .

4. different breeds for different needs!

5. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

can we some how stop all the stupid phucking threads already?

6. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Strength wise, they could probably do it. Weather wise, probably not.

7. wolverine

wolverine Pup

THIS IS NOT A STUPID THREAD---SINCE PITBULLS ARE MASTERS OF THE WEIGHT PULL---I WAS KONSIDERING DOING THE IDITAROD SINCE I AM AN X-GAMER

8. MOOT44

MOOT44 Top Dog

chj: good answer.......Strength, yes.........50 degrees below zero, I would guess no.

WOLVERINE: You live in VA, is there a lot of areas to practice iditarods in VA?

I am not going to be as blunt as Frenchie, but the 2 threads you just opened were, to put it nicely, interesting.

If you truly want to do an iditarod, then I would switch from the APBT to dogs who are bred and made for that type of racing.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2008
  9. cheese

cheese Top Dog

What do you mean x gamer?

10. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

dude, it's seriously giving me a headache. i'm gonna have to go pray to Jah for a few minutes to get rid of it. :)

11. Titch_Pitbull

Titch_Pitbull Top Dog

Pit bulls are not the master of weight pull...they can excel at it but huskies and other breeds BRED for that task usually preform better

12. Osea

Osea Banned

x2,000,000

13. Osea

Osea Banned

LOL

Is that what you really think? When is the last time you were at a weight pull event? Maybe over distance in extreme weather huskies would perform better but other than that they aren't even a distant 2nd place.

14. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Would you tie a team of a dozen Pit Bulls up to the same sled?

15. 215pitts

215pitts Top Dog

Maybe with muzzels ;)? LOL j/k.

16. NavasInc

NavasInc Big Dog

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!:D

17. wolverine

wolverine Pup

I SURE WOULD---THATS WHAT TRAINING IS FOR...----AND GOING BACK TO MY ORIGINAL THREAD---IF PROPERLY KONDITIONED AND OUTFITTED THEY KAN PERFORM THIS FEAT---I HAVE HUNTED WITH MY DOGS IN EXTREME TEMPS BEFORE---NUFF SAID!!!:cool:

18. SPFDOGS

SPFDOGS Guest

This is a very foolish statment..

Im not going to debate this,but I'll just say that having a dozen bulldogs tied together while excited(pulling)would most likley turn tragic..
    Also,what "outfit" do you think would sustain a apbt's body tempature while traveling the wilds of alaska?.
    Have you ever seen how the dogs bed down?. You "think" the APBT is capable of doing this?. I dont..NUFF SAID

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2008
  19. 215pitts

215pitts Top Dog

He will learn!

20. wolverine

wolverine Pup

THOSE THAT KNOW DO NOT NEED TO BE TOLD---THOSE THAT DON'T KNOW KANNOT BE TOLD!!!