1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Iam's

Discussion in 'Nutrition' started by phily b, Dec 6, 2008.

1. phily b

phily b Pup

What Do You Guys Think Of Iam's Puppy Food??

2. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

you will get alot of similar answers.....switch foods. Not sure how the new all natural stuff is that they have but for the most part i'd switch. I am very happy with the results of the Timber Wolf however they keep jacking the price up ...$70 for a 33lb bag now...getting costly.

Canadaie had good food, they did switch out to a new formula so I switched back to Timber Wolf. If your only feeding one dog...I suggest Timber Wolf.

3. WWII

WWII Banned

:eek::eek::eek:

4. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Iams used to be much better than it is now, but still not necessarily good. I used to feed it back in the mid 90s when I was a teenager that didn't know much, but not anymore. You might want to check out http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/ They break down the foods into 6 "tiers" based on their quality.

5. Nikita

Nikita Big Dog

:eek: change foods asap the way i look at it if there food was on the recall list dont buy from them and they where but only there wet food but still i woldent go with them at all because of that.

But you might want to look into Solid Gold Really Good Food,Innova,Life Abundance*,Candidate

I never herd of Timberwolf i well look in to them

*website www.k9manor.com
    --------------------
    Timber Wolf looks like a great food as well!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2008
  6. Renee

Renee Big Dog

If you really want to learn to make a good, solid, informed decision about what to feed your dogs, check out the info at www.dogfoodproject.com. Mordy's done all the heavy lifting and I've yet to run across a better researcher anywhere.

7. OnionHead

OnionHead Big Dog

iams in my area isnt 70 it ave. at max 40's

8. hozomeen

hozomeen Big Dog

Taste of the Wild is a pretty good grain free kibble that is also priced well compared to other grain free of similar quality, i personally use Wellness Core. Here is another site i have found helpful from time to time. dogfoodanalysis.com/

9. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

Throw it out. Get Innova:)

10. Octavio_.N.J.

Octavio_.N.J. Big Dog

Hello every body i was about to open a new thread but this topic is food what does everybody think about PRO PLAN for puppy. I need help

11. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I don't care for Pro Plan. We switched our Dogo from Eukanuba to PP, and he lost condition, lost coat health, lost weight, and really just looked like crap in short order. I donated the rest of that 40 lb bag to the humane society. That was several years ago. The old boy got on Canidae and has been doing well ever since, even after the change.

12. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

I hate all those foods that they call "premium" foods.
    science diet, Iams, nutramax etc...there are better foods out there.

whatever food you buy,,read the amount on the back of the bag that you should feed your dog according to weight, the dog food companies spend a ton in research to know how much your dog/s should eat,.

13. DOwho???

DOwho??? Big Dog

never fed iams, but solid gold and health and wellness CORE are great. solid gold changed their formula and pumped up the price so now i just feed H&W CORE Its GREAT.