1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

I you don't like the weather....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hrdeluxe, Jan 29, 2008.

1. hrdeluxe

hrdeluxe Big Dog

I you don't like the weather in IL just wait an hour or so.

Its 55 degrees right now. Probably by 4 pm today it will be 20 degrees with 40 mph winds and snow. By midnight it will be around zero with a -40 wind chill. IL always has strange weather but this may be a first....a 55 degree drop in under 12 hours. You guys don't know what you're missing down South.

2. JRSPITS

JRSPITS Top Dog

Please don't remind me, I'm still pretending it's spring LOL!

3. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

It's warm and rainy here. Ugh.

4. hrdeluxe

hrdeluxe Big Dog

Its now down to 31 degrees and the wind is blustery!

5. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

It was supposed to be warm here this week. Last night, we were moving stuff into our new place after midnight, and it was around 59-62 degrees according to every marquee we passed. Today, its 37 and windy as hell. My right hand (mouse clicker) is frozen.

6. i woke up here in sedalia misssouri at 60 degrees its now 10 degrees with 1" of snow on the ground.

7. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

49 degrees when I left for work at 5:30 this morning. 50 something most of the day, until around 3. Right now, we've got 45 mph gusts. The last numer I seen, was -19 with windchill. That was around 6, before the snow started falling , and the weather is only getting worse. It's still early, this is insane.

I was outside feeding and playing with the dogs for a few hours in a t-shirt 24 hours ago. Tonight it's so bad, I seriously contemplated not feeding them for the first time ever. Not because I was too cold, but because I didn't want them out of the dog box for even a minute. They saw me come home, stood outside barking, so I held each one in their dog house until they finished eating and left them a big bone to chew on tonight. They've got no reason to come outside the rest of the night, and I doubt they will. It's warm in the back room of their houses, and thats about it.

I've never seen the weather change like this. I was walking out the door in a t-shirt and jeans this morning, minus the usual ski-mask, and carhart jacket and bibs. Had I been 30 seconds earlier, I wouldn't of heard -40 and blizzard on the television. All business shut down early, and I'm wondering if anyone will even show up for work tomarrow.

This is nuts.

8. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

same thing my way bro in ames but just sooner yesterday was like 40 this morning was below 0 and today was windy with 30 below chill and its 1below now

9. hrdeluxe

hrdeluxe Big Dog

-5 when I started the truck this morning. We only got a small dusting of snow which sucks. You know its cold when your nostrils freeze instantly.