1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

i thought this was interesting

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by prpitdawg, Apr 28, 2009.

1. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

2. KuyaJames33

KuyaJames33 Big Dog

wow that is very interesting. Ads from all across the United States. The one that caught my eye was the one by W.M. Lamb in Compton, CA... I wonder what Compton was like in the 1940's....

3. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

i'm willing to bet anywhere in the u.s. was in better shape then, than it is now. too bad we can't go back in time and warn them how things would be.

4. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

$20-25 bucks was a fair price back then! That's Some Great History! Thanks [​IMG] prpitdawg

5. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Yeah tell them to slow down and enjoy life! The county life! ;)

6. CaesarIsis

CaesarIsis Top Dog

Man some of those dogs were BIG back then lol

7. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Cool! I'd like some of the folks who looked down on my catchweight dogs because ''it's not a REAL pit bull if it's over 45 pounds'' to see these! :p

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2009
  8. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

To bad we can't go back in time and just stay there.Some things were harder I'm sure but overall it had to be a better time to live.Those were some interesting ads,kind of cool to see.

9. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

i could definitely live w/o all this technology in order to live in a time where people made more sense.

10. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

I hear you there Prpitdawg!
    Back to where you had a job on your own property/Ranch style
    . lol that for me

11. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

don't forget back to where i could do what i want, when i want w/ my own property. before peta and hsus became evil monsters who destroy everything they touch. back then, things were simpler, you mind your business, i'll mind mine, and thieves were strung up in the front yard. oh i suppose we were born in the wrong time period.

12. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

Wow. Now that's some history.

I know most of us were born in the wrong times. . . and the UKC should be disbanded for becoming what it has. SAD.

13. Rocko

Rocko Big Dog

that is a good and very intersting find...

14. preme

preme CH Dog

good read thanks

15. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

Being from baltimore, I would like to know if anyone knows anything about julius taylor or taylor kennels... It was one of the ads on that link... But that was nice as sh*t...what year were they frim...

16. ANCHOR

ANCHOR Guest

in question to size etc...they were still being developed and the dogs were never just bred for size alone and without doing so there will always be variables.
    its all good to wanna go back in time because........ work on making this a better time and enjoy your time here. being born back when.... dont work neither, you were born now for a reason, make a difference.
    prpitdawg, thanx for the link:)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2009
  17. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

i suppose you are right d's. if i was born back then, i wouldn't be like i am today. females who were "fiesty" weren't exactly prized. today, i can put that fiestieness to good use. lol:cool:

18. Yeah and for us "colored" folks we were still on the back of the bus being called "nigger". Unable to eat a decent meal in the company of our white friends. So some change is good and some isnt. How else would we be able to talk dogs with people all over the world. Taking away freedom = bad. Giving oppressed people rights = good. Now if only people followed JC's teachings and not his "awesome powers". We'd all be good. But back to the op. Great read i WISH THERE WAS MORE.

19. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

That was pretty cool.... thanks for sharing.

20. forty6mantis

forty6mantis Big Dog

you're right. smallest one there is fifty with most of them being 57 to 65 lbs. i wont hold that standard anymore about true pits being around 40 lbs.