1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

I really dont understand.

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by soonerlite44, Nov 21, 2004.

1. I own a white, black nosed pit. With one patch of brendel on her ass. I was under the impression she was chinaman. But I really dont understand the bloodlines. Could a felloew owner please explain what is what. I love my pit, but I dont know if I would own another.
    Soonerlite44

2. Nitrous

Nitrous Guest

Color doesn't matter, And do you actually know the dog's bloodline? Or just think its Chinaman?

3. if you dont understand them maybe these arent your breed of dogs...these dogs are not for anybody and if unsure of wanting another then please dont get 1. APBT already have their plates full with unresponsible owners....im not trying to be mean but if you dont understand them then stay away. i love this breed and will try to protect them as much as i can. for future reference....bloodlines are the parents...gr. parents etc...not color of their nose...color of their coat...or even the size...and please, an american pit is the same as a APBT. so be prepared, if asked what your dog is or what lines, it is being referred to the bloodline.sorry if this sounds bitchy....no intentions of that

4. CRG

CRG Top Dog

well put sillyfilly

5. Deep south

Deep south Big Dog

<TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD with="100%"><!-- message -->very well put sillyfilly
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

6. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

all i want to say is that if you don't really care about bloodlines, then just spend time on obedience with your pup, and use your dog to help create a more positive image. don't speculate over bloodlines and don't breed (there's enough confused breeders out there) . take your pup and turn it into a good dog. leave it at that. i own 2 rescued pits as well, no earthly clue as to bloodlines, but they are great family dogs. they're fixed, they're obedient, & they're great with people.

7. True_Bulldog

True_Bulldog Big Dog

That is great advice from Miakoda.

8. Chopper

Chopper Big Dog

Yea well put SillyFish N MiaKoda but umm I think you scared him away.

9. Its been awhile and throught the help of other members I have figured out my mistakes as a first time APBT owner. However, I am trying to improve and through shared wisdom have learned to enjoy a good family pet, that is probably better off in the environment I have provided then elsewhere. Thankyou for the help everyone, we all started some where.

10. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

that's the spirit, sooner! i, for one, don't beleive that if you don't work your pit bulls, you shouldn't have them. I beleive that if you want one, & you learn about them & still want one for a pet, then go ahead. I just discourage the breeding of them my "pet" owners just b/c that's how backyard breeders came about. Also, there are thousands of apbts in rescue groups all across the country that desperately need good homes. maybe in the future....??

11. smiledogg

smiledogg Pup

if you are new to this ...start out with the richard stratton books, then get back online and research your pedigree and you will understand. my first pit wasnt registered..then i got hip to the game and got me some decent bloodlines..took them to a few shows and won some ribbons...now Im networking all over the US. If you love dogs first, the apbt will blow your mind. they are the best pups and if you train them correctly, you will never have another dog like your apbt. FO SHIZZL

12. princess_koka

princess_koka Big Dog

If you love your dog then bloodlines shouldn't matter.

13. SFK

SFK Top Dog

Princess, The bloodlines of these dogs are the foundation of their families. They aid in selecting certain attributes one may want to make more prominent (such as ability, or wind) or to remove (Such as Human aggression, Shyness, underbites, etc.) so in the aspect of looking at a single dog as a pet, you're correct it does'nt matter. But when you are looking at breeding for the future it is imperative to maintain a strict breeding program.

14. Jenn

Jenn Top Dog

Very Well Said Sfk

15. BlueCrush

BlueCrush Banned

That is why I'm getting my bitch fixed, shes a pet, there is no need to breed if I dont know her bloodline. When I grow up, (lol) I'll look into getting some big blood.

until then.....