1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

I Need Help On A Meat Grinder!!!

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by Octavio_.N.J., Feb 9, 2009.

1. Octavio_.N.J.

Octavio_.N.J. Big Dog

Hello every one I have bein grinding my chicken with a manual grinder it take me a long time to grind 30 lbs lol, so Iwant to buy a electric one buget is tight but I have 200 DLS I could spend so can any body recommend me one thanks again....:D

2. KuttersKru

KuttersKru Top Dog

3. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

go to cabelas.com and order the 3/4 horsepower grinder its less than 200 bucks and will grind like 10lbs a minute

4. roe1880

roe1880 Big Dog

dude i found plenty of stuff, like I told you the last time we spoke... please let me know if they are no longer in stock cause so far i have been lucky to get my beef & turkey already ground, but this week i will be introducing them to chicken so I also am still looking.... i'm sorry i didnt get back to you but i have had a couple tenants just leave on us and no rent payment so now were really in a hole. Hit me up in the week.

5. Not Knockin' Your Style...because Its Awesome That You Feed Raw....but I Like To Give My Raw Meat Whole. I Find That When The Dogs Have To Rip, Tear, Knaw, Grind, Or Chew Their Food More...it Keeps Their Teeth And Gums Cleaner And Healthier. Just An Idea For You Before You Drop A Couple C-notes On A Really Nice Electric Grinder.

6. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

I agree. I feed my dog raw and he crushes small beef bones, and chicken bones without any problem. As long as you are not feeding huge cow legs which could break their teeth any healthy dog can handle most bones.

7. Octavio_.N.J.

Octavio_.N.J. Big Dog

I understand what you guy's are saying but i give them there regular pattys and as a treat there bones and I have but so much spaces for there food thanks guys

8. BullDozer

BullDozer Top Dog

I was looking into a grinder myself - and it is not because the dogs can't handle the bones. It is alot easier to make sure they are getting the right amount of organ and muscle meat when it is ground for the puppies - otherwise they may be eating just chicken or tripe while others wolf down all the organ and muscle. For real young pups - I think it makes it alot easier to make sure they are all getting a fair amount of everything and it does make it easier to weigh out the correct amount of some RAW foods without cutting weighing and repeating.

9. Robber

Robber Big Dog

Having it ground also makes managing feeding time easier if you have several house dogs. If you give whole raw/bones, one will invariably eat faster/slower than the others and it is a good way to start a fight, so you have to be careful. Chicken drumsticks, etc aren't a big deal b/c they are gone in a few seconds, but like the big turkey necks they tend to chew on more. That said, I don't grind, but you just have to be mindful of things to avoid trouble.

10. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

i always thought that you need ed to keep all chicken bones away from dogs prevents vet bills is what i hear but do a lot of you feed bones and all?
    :confused:

11. KuttersKru

KuttersKru Top Dog

Only cooked bones splinter, Buck. E. Raw bones are perfectly fine

12. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

If the dog dosnt know how to eat bones then yes, but raw or cooked chicken bones splinter and can be very sharpe even UNCOOKED bones, if a dog does not take it's time eating then yes problems could occur even with raw bones. Avoid group feedings where a dog feels he's in competition, I also feed my raw whole chicken frozen, they really have no choice either wait til it thaws, or go to town while it's still frozen but even if they won't learn they gnaw on the whole frozen carcass so only slices shave off at a time minimizing risk of injury.....

Just my 2 cents I've been feeding whole raw chicken for around 3 years.

13. Raw chicken bones DO NOT SPLINTER. Period. Been feeding raw for a very long time (with only one small hiatus).

You could not take a raw chicken leg, and with your most concentrated efforts, get it to splinter. That's a promise and a challenge.

14. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

I ground mine as well just to make dividing up the organs easier. I'd make up a big batch of organ mixture, and then just spoon it out in the proper amount for each dog into their muscle meat. I wound up finding the Urban Carnivore and just stuck with that as I had a few dogs that wouldn't chew the bones properly and I couldn't find a grinder locally. They'd just inhale them. :rolleyes: Plus they were too messy without it ground and with my daugthers health issues, I was concerned with the bacterial mess they were making. lol Before I found the Urban Carnivoire, I was just buying organic ground bone meal or using powdered egg shell. I haven't feed raw in a couple months since moving. Been trying to save some money for a damn fence! lol Once it's up, I'd like to start again.

15. Octavio_.N.J.

Octavio_.N.J. Big Dog

When i started i had to grind it with a small fridge i used a hand grinder :( but i just bought one and now i have a chest freezer so i could but more food in there :D good bye hand grinding!

16. RedNozeChamp

RedNozeChamp Big Dog

Do your dogs eat together? I cant even let mine see each other eat always one eats in the garage and 1 outside, after about 3 months old they would cut each other up too bad. Its easy feeding only 2

17. Octavio_.N.J.

Octavio_.N.J. Big Dog

they do fine eating together.
    never had a growl bark or nothing i guess i got lucky.:D