1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

I lied!

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Brubaker, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

Same here Game4. I think I was 6 when I started feeding Mordecai. I was never that big on animals in the house though so my kids where only around a few dogs through there early years and Black was one of them. As for animal aggression being a problem I guess you just had to know Black. It wasn't his style. Especially in his elder years. It was almost as ifhe thought an animal was really a threat of being his equal for him to even pay attention to it more or less get a rise out of him. In the show ring it was another story. Their has been several laid back dogs like Black through the history of our dogs. Speaking of which I wouldn't surprise me to see Black or his pop in some of the dogs peds that some of you feed today. But thats neither here nor there.

2. thecableguy

thecableguy Big Dog

I don't know what I would do could you imagine the man showing up to your house with bitch in heat then he noticed the dog is missing his balls... Some people would start a a smear campaign after that..

3. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

Yes cableguy for at least 2 years afterwards from time to time. I would usually just jog by his new home and see him and the kids hanging out in the back yard. Rarely did I stop and say hey but a couple times I did. Same old Black. Like I was invisible. Why is this guy petting my head? He loved children and my big screen tv but he could care less about me in a passive way of course. I had a litter off of him when he first came back to the states probably 6-7yrs before all of this. None of those dogs took after him as far as demeanor goes. They were crazy! Hell only one came out black and he past as a pup. Damn fine dogs though.

4. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

Yea, each dog is different. I only own 3 now and all 3 are different personalities. One being like you said or similar, he's only aggressive to dogs his size or larger. The smaller ones are more of a toy to him it seems. Then I have another that just hates everything with 4 legs. The 3rd, still young so not 100% sure. Still a pup for the most part in personality. Only gets aggressive during feeding with other dogs, but my son can reach in the bowl and grab food out no problem. I got the breed knowing they are dog aggressive, I was prepared, and now as a owner it's my job to be responsible and identify the trait in the dog. I don't go to dog parks or pet smart and they dang sure don't run loose lol. To me, the a well bred "Game Dog" is far more stable than a mix breed or most other pure Breds. I say that because I been around the individual dog and breed in general long enough to know what I got. There's no way to mistake it. The breed traits being dog aggression but human aggression is a fault. That's pretty cut and dry. While the couple I had, being like the one you said about other dogs being his equal, that's fine, I get it. Had a couple like that myself. I still never put 100% stick in it and kept a watchful eye. And didn't add any fuel to the fire like giving them something to fight over. Can't afford for my wife's relatives to be like, your dog killed my dog. Wouldn't sit well lol. So really it's a judgment call and being a responsible owner. Nobody knows the dog better than the one who feeds it. Hell, I've had one that died at the ripe old age of 15. But literally got loose and got into a scuffle with the neighbors pit mix the day he died. But I as the feeder knew he was like this and did my best to take the proper precautions to keep him isolated from 4 legged creatures. But really, bury the hatchet my friend. Don't beat yourself up over it. The dogs happiness meant most and I can't fault you for that. Nor was I there or even know the dogs disposition. Was it right? I dunno, was it wrong? I dunno that either. Only you know.

5. thecableguy

thecableguy Big Dog

We'll there it is the dog lived dog lived a happy life and most likely didn't have any problems because you know when these dogs have a problems bad news travels fast..

6. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...know the type your talking...there some that look right threw ya...but as soon as the kids show up...would be all over them..like a pup..and god help anybody who went to try and touch them kids while he/she with them..and your just there to bring there food...and scoop the crap...but when the time comes do's his job,,then back to the way it was...would make you think who owns who..lol...???

7. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

Now that I think more about it that wasn't a great example game4. Mordecai(my dads pit when I was a kid) was one of the few "iffy" gamedogs I've been around in my days. He was ok as long as you didn't try to stop him from doing whatever he wanted to do at the time. And my dads cousin owned his brother Roscoe. A very good show dog I'm told but there was no doubt in all parties minds that he would kill us if we went near his chain. He didn't bluff. A few of my dad and his cousins friends could attest to that. But other than those two and a couple others I tend to agree with you. Most gamebred dogs are very people affectionate animals.

8. old goat

old goat CH Dog

well 1 thing is you lied then you didn't get dog back when you had the chance . now even my kids will say even if the dog wasn't HA he would be DA if he got excited . that there is a big problem for someone who has no idea on how to get the dog off the kids friend dog the neighbors dog or anything that got the dog excited . that's in know way a responsible dog owner . i'm glad it turned out to be fine but that was a lie and not a responsible thing to do . the responsible thing would of been to give the dog back on or put it down . to me it might not be for everyone else but for me it is .

9. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

It is a funny story. Had the same thing happen to me a number of years ago, just the roles were flipped.

I had a male that as some say, "You can really ride up and down the road with that dog". He collected a forfeit on show night when one from the other camp saw him and had already seen him doing his thing. After his first outing I sold him for $$$$$$ (mistake 1---should have kept my dog). The deal was the money plus two breedings (mistake 2---make all sales/deals final, no promises/no financing). I waited a year or so to call on the new owner for my first breeding. He had just recently died, or so I was told. So for intents and purposes I am out my two breedings.

A year or so after that a guy posts a dog double bred on the bottom side of the dog I owned. I was interested. Clicked on the ped and low and behold the dog that was suppose to be dead was alive and well. I set up a breeding.

When I got there I was ready to spill the beans to the new owner. I laid out some feelers and I felt he just did not know the history. The dog was in a great place and was living like a king. He was well fed, well taken care of and had a parade of new girlfriends.

I kept my mouth shut and paid for the breeding. Worked some things out and bred to him two more times. In the end I got what I was owed, got what I wanted and the dog ended up in a palace vs. being on a yard.

As the great 'philosophizer' of our time Forrest Gump says, Shit Happens!. S

10. The Saint

The Saint Big Dog

Thanks for the story Brubaker, as much as I am a moralist, I downright enjoyed the story.
    I still don't think what you did was right but you know that and said you felt pretty bad about lying to your friend.
    Well if the old man is not dead yet, maybe it's time to tell him the truth... Anyway, your story, your lies, your life and your decision... I still enjoyed the story and just so you know I have lied in my life as well, made me feel as bad and rightfully so and like you it either ate my conscience or urged me to finally speak the truth.

11. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

I read it again, just a wild story. I would have crapped when I opened the door and seen little "black". In my mind, you told a fib. But it's not like you did it for personal gain. You did it to cover your rear. I get that. We have all lied to cover our rear end in every way of life at some point. To me, no harm no foul in the situation. The dog was alive and happy. Being the warrior he was, he earned it. To be fat lazy and happy. That's what retirement is about.

12. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Not aimed at anyone. Just saw it and it reminded me of this thread. Pretty sure it fits us all at least one time or another. I know I've made my share.
    [​IMG]

13. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...I..Have to ask....OG...are ya saying you never told a lie...in this thing...if so we going to have to call ya the NEW REVEREND...lol...

14. old goat

old goat CH Dog

i lied many times when i was a kid . but when you grow up it's time to stop all that .

15. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

..that was'nt the Q;ing...have you ever lied in the dog world...even a little white lie..or not bother tell somebody something they should know about a dog there going to get for example..??..any-way we all have different opinions ....slim it's easyer makeing deals than getting some to stick to there word....on the deal...some seem to forget what the deal was...lol...

16. old goat

old goat CH Dog

never lied in the dog world and i'm know for telling the truth and keeping my word . it's just how i am .

17. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

..well congrats...og...i too keep my word when given,,,and you know thats a very rare thing in this world to-day.....in anything...but important...i have held my tongue once or twice about a dog..but it was none off my buss;..so..???taught the person should have done more homework or just asked.....

18. keystone

keystone CH Dog

i have held my tongue once or twice about a dog..but it was none off my buss;..so..

don't try tu pul things out of contekst but
    what are you saying ?

19. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

Lol. Nice sign bgblok68 and yes you did mean me! lol I have a smallblock69 btw.
    Old goat your my inspiration and while I don't know you I get the feelin you chose the perfect handle and avatar.
    Once again cheers yall
    especially you old goat:)

20. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

Oh and no Saint. The oldtimer is no longer with us. He is missed.