1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

I lied!

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by Brubaker, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

PS Old Goat. It is funny to me because it's my story. That and the fact that I can laugh at just about anything. Always have always will. If I was the type to worry about the judgements I might receive on this message I probably wouldn't have shared the story in the first place. I'm not perfect but and I'm gettin there:)
    Yes it was a great movie Blue8bull.

2. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...i'm sure if we all think back a-bit..we have things we would'nt/should'nt ...did/done..when it's your story it all-ways look different to others ..hell sure can't remember meeting any altar-boys...lol...

3. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

lol. Every ones reply is pretty much spot on. Yes of course I was wrong old goat. Why would I feel bad if I thought I was in the right. Just saying that I wouldn't change my decision because I believe it turned out best for Black. That's part of the story. And to clarify the oldtimer was in the south US. The dog was not in Mexico anymore. And I made a decision and stould by it TDK. As I usually do. The spur of the moment did have something to do with it at the start but as I said he was 2 streets away and I did check in on him from time to time for the next 2 years until I sold the house. So I had plenty of opportunity to change my mind. But thanx for making it sound better intentional or not:) But again I agree with all of you. I was wrong. I thought that was clear in the story. cheers

4. old goat

old goat CH Dog

the reason why i can't understand is you thought that it was okay for the kids to keep the dog . if the guy didn't want anything to do with the dog he would have never let it his yard. but he trusted you and then you lied . he wanted to try to breed the dog or he wouldn't have call you about him . you think it was ok because your still saying you wouldn't change your mind about what you did . i would never trust a dog with kids . to many different things could happen . the dog should of went back to the man where ever he lived . if he didn't want it and you didn't then put him down don't let a kid have it . i'm so glad no one has my dogs .

5. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I don't see how anyone could argue that the decision made was right. Clearly, it was awry of what we ALL surely feel was the ONLY right thing to do, and that was notify the owner with honesty, and try to retrieve the dog once seen again with the kids.

Finding some reason for such a moral faux pas is all that could possibly be found within all this. And all the reasons in the world will never make it the right decision. You'll have to admit, Brubaker, that any wounds you receive from any commentary were self inflicted simply by your posting what happened. LOL

6. Fritz

Fritz Big Dog

Gotta weigh in on this, old "moralist" that I am. One sentence stands out here:

"Well my friend thought this was no good and before the end of the night had talked me into taking care of Black as a house dog for the rest of his days."

"See, I've got this Black dog I no longer have room for and a friend named Brubaker willing to keep him for me in case I want to breed to the dog -- and I won't even have to pay for his feeding. Then, when comes the right bitch for breeding, I'll just send her to Brubaker, he can get the job done, and send her back to me."

Obviously that was the thinking of the man who "gave" (really?) the dog to Brubaker. They were two men doing one another a favor for mutual benefit. My two cents? Once Brubaker had taken over the dog, the dog was his. And if the dog wasn't his, then why was he feeding it? How many of us here would take on the responsibility of another man's dog -- not only housing it but paying for its feed as well? -- only so the other man could have all the same right to the dog as if he were caring for it himself?

And so I see no particular wrong here on Brubaker's part. Circumstances worked out for all concerned. And the old adage stands: If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

7. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I see your point(s), Maff. However, I see a man who made a decision with his dog based on trust, which I'm sure some of y'all would consider just blind faith in this case. The dog was ENTRUSTED. Verbal and moral contract. I think Mr. owner's trust had to go beyond how well his friend Brubaker took care of the dog. It surely was a matter of trust as to not only care but honesty in how the dog was doing. That would seem to be an automatic trailer to the agreement. Therefore, the dishonesty was wrong.

If Brubaker got into a verbal and moral contract with his friend to conduct their endeavor in this conventional way, then to lie was wrong, even if Brubaker were to not reap any benefits from the deal. That would be on Brubaker for not covering his own redemption that he may have gotten by keeping the dog for his friend, anyway, IMO.

Your points are valid, IMO. We weren't told the details of the mutual agreement, yet I feel the lie was wrong no matter what it was. But you are right.....all's well that ends well. As I said, I'm no moralist, but one should own his or her own goofs. Trust is one of the main things that friendship hinges upon.

8. old goat

old goat CH Dog

we don't know what the whole deal was and we will never know . but there is 1 think that is the most stupidest thing to do is let someone that has know idea of what they have or what they're doing with a loaded weapon .

9. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Regardless of who owned the dog or the agreement involved or if no harm was done A LIE IS A LIE IS A LIE. LOL

10. Fritz

Fritz Big Dog

Philosophers of course write great endless books in their attempts to pin down morality. Me? I'm going more with my heart than my head in this instance. As it turned out, no one was hurt. Quite the contrary. Brubaker ended up gladdened at the sight of children overjoyed at the happily ensconced dog at their side, and likely the dog was gladdest of all. As to the dog's previous owner, was he so terribly wronged in not being given the opportunity to retrieve his dog? Would it have been a more just ending had the dog been separated from the children -- all for the sake of "honesty" and "morality"?

Hmmmmm... dunno. Maybe there are times when telling a lie is preferable to telling the truth. I'm sure better philosophers than I have struggled over that one. The two ways to go: Is morality hard and unyielding, like granite? Or is it fluid, a winding stream? Nietzsche and Socrates would have had a real slugfest over that one.

11. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

LOL Yes they would have. HAHAHA

12. thecableguy

thecableguy Big Dog

what if they
    Already neutered him...

13. thecableguy

thecableguy Big Dog

That would be pretty fucked send your buddy's dog castrated

14. thecableguy

thecableguy Big Dog

No leash that's scary... Wonder if they ever had any problems

15. Brubaker

Brubaker Big Dog

All good points and I don't mind taking my lumps on this at all. Feels kinda good after all this time. Even though I think we have gave this a little more thought than it deserved but what the hell else do we have to do right:)
    I can see your concern on this old goat but your forgetting that I do know the whole story because it is mine... Do you remember the part of the story when I hinted towards my own children. They played with Black almost daily after school and on weekends when we would go to the new house. And the fact that I wasn't just given any old game dog to live in my house with my family. It was Black for a reason. He was raised with kids in doors and could sit at the dinner table and eat like he was a human. I knew the dog and knew of his history way before he was my pet and he would have never been such if I had any doubts about his temperament in a family environment. So go ahead and set you mind at ease old goat. Black did not attack the children. Not in his first home. Not in mine and not in his last. Cheers

16. Game4Glory

Game4Glory Banned

Honestly, I've never owned anything but game dogs, as a young boy and as a grown man with young boys. And they have turned out to be the best pets. That's why I choose to not own anything but a Game Dog. But my neighbors staff on the other hand, man biter. So, I guess it's the traits we breed for and disposition in the dogs we choose to but regardless of breed type that make the difference. If a dog is weird acting (unpredictable) or proven man biter, you have no place in my home. Granted, as a responsible owner and father. I don't hand my kids the leash and say take them dogs walking. That would be a issue and create a whole different problem. And I'm assuming that is the problem Goat may be referring to.

17. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...SO...SOME people are saying they never told a little lie in this game...gimme a break....he/she..who is without, cast the first stone....ff-sake...some on here throwing boulders...lol......it was a story shared ,,sure most have simaler storys..and situations they found them-selfs in..to say you would'nt have done this or that...is only because you have not been in the situation....none of us know what way we would have reacted given the same...the way i see it is bru saw the dog was in a happy situation so best let sleeping dogs lie..as they say.....lol...basicly the same as tdk saying........

18. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

....now the next story.....???

19. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Your right about that. That would be messed up! I do understand what fritz said about the dog being "his" property. But yet in still that would be all the more reason for me to get "my" dog back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. thecableguy

thecableguy Big Dog

Did you ever see the dog again? My buddy told me about a dog he could take to petco no problems so not all dogs are the same.. I can't walk my dog without a leash because his dumb ass would run right in the middle of the street and probably get run over..now I have a story a buddy of mine baby sat a dog for a little bit and when he got home from work the dog was gone well he found the dog shortly after but without a set of balls....