1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

i know chineman ?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Mr. Brownstone, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

I made my profile a couple years ago now when i was just getting into bulldogs.

I know have two dogs, one pit bull and one mutt. In the next year i am gonna be selling my house and moving into the woods so i can get 2-4 achers of land, get a proper fenced yard all set up with at least 1 kennel for every dog.

I love my pit bull and also my mutt but i really like the personality of my pit the best. I cant say she is game as she is a pet but she sure is full of prey drive athleticism and dog aggression, she is very loyal loving an most of all smart as a whip and has the focus pit bulls are known for. Tbh she is intense and handful but that is how i like a dog. I am not the type to own a dog that lays on the doormat all day waiting on you.

Dont get me wrong my mutt is great as a pet but is not close to as athletic, not even close to smart, and has a hard time getting on and off the couch. He will be the last mutt i ever own but ill love and enjoy him for what he is till the end!!

So my question is mostly what do people think of TG and his dog Hickson, It is hard finding quality bulldogs when you dont know a soul that owns one. It seems to me thay are kept pretty well under wraps these days. Well at least the good ones and the real ones?

I will not be getting another dog until i move. I want my next dog to be a a top notch bulldog! I work my dogs daily for at least 2 hours and most days 3-4, well my bulldog at least and i exercise my mutt and make sure he plays 2-3 hours a day outside. I want a dog that is athletic enough to scale a 10 ft wall and can still work out when its 95% outside. I am also looking for a smaller dog this time 25-45 lbs max, i think 35lbs would be great. A animal with wicked muscle tone striations everywhere and as much bulldog personality as they make em with. I live in the north east and have been to and spoken at length with Mr. Colby. Still i only know of his his dogs what he has to tell me. Being he is old at this point i wonder how much his dogs are raised to have that true bulldog personality at this point. That is just a long shot guess and i really dont know just a thought. From what i understand if you raise these dogs as pets for to long they loose what it is that makes em bulldogs. Any help thoughts or otherwise is welcome. Really i am just looking for the best bulldog being made these days and i would like one on the smaller side from proven blood that is also know to produce itself or better every time. I dont have any more room for half measures and quick decisions.

2. kayo45

kayo45 Top Dog

3. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

thanks for responding, from what i can tell it looks to me like he has some real bulldogs. i did chat with him and he was clear he didnt have time to waste but with that said he spent a good amount of time talking to me and was very nice at that. i will take a road trip sometime in the next handful of months to check out what he has in person.

i wont lie with the ped you posted does not mean much to me as i really dont know whom is who, what they have done and not done to date. it is all pretty hard to figure out when you really are not part of the community and have no real in to it. i guess that is why i put it out there that i am looking not only for the real deal but also my dream dog, the complete package! i am no rush at this point as i have learnt what rushing gets you and that a good dog is hard to find if you dont even know what to look for or where to begin.

i think just getting a handfull of names of good kennels, giving em a call seeing if i can come take a look and then doing a like a kennel road trip of sorts is the best i can do. after that i think ill figure out what stood out to me and then try and go do some research into those dogs what they have done what they produce so forth and so on?

4. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

5. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

any other thoughts?

6. Young SeNsE_VA

Young SeNsE_VA Top Dog

Get something of Dynomite before it's to late.

7. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

If I was gonna get anything from TG again (which I won't) it would be from El Negro, Peru, Hickson, or Rusty.

8. Young SeNsE_VA

Young SeNsE_VA Top Dog

What you get the first time?

9. pit4ever

pit4ever Banned

why would you not get it ? explain if can =]

10. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

how old is he and can anybody tell me more about him than i can get off of TG's web site. like i said i am kinda new to the breed got one bulldog and one mutt. only got the bulldog by luck though. the mutt has turned my stomach other than loving him as i would any good dog. he has so many health problems, skin is real bad with allergies, bite is a little fucked, and he is just lazy and not very athletic. i been spending like 2-300 bucks a month at the vet on him since he was 6 months old. and that dont include all dif foods i have had to try and then throw away or some stupid shit. but anyway back to Hickson anybody able to tell me a bit about his history as a bulldog? i mean looking at his ped and even i can see where he comes from. that does not mean i really know much about any of those dogs except it would be impossible to miss there name in a ped. just trying to be honest and get some real help!

11. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

couple things just got posted why i was typing... one person says get something off Hickson before its to late and the others say el negro, peru, hickson or rusty. explain?

12. Young SeNsE_VA

Young SeNsE_VA Top Dog

well i said Dynomite before it's to late because he is a champion and a register of merit and not many of his littermates are alive right now. I got a dog off Diesel which is a brother to dynomite and he's dead now and my buddy has there sister black yoko and she don't got much time left either. Tom will tell you him self that the Frisco/Lee Ling is a strong Chinaman/Bolio cross that works all over the world

13. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

a male off little frank.........he's 14 months and cold as ice......

I'm not going into the whole deal again cause I posted it all on another thread (can't remember which) but basically I wasn't happy with my exp. in dealing with him. Nothing against his dogs. I found other places to get good dogs from working stock.

14. Young SeNsE_VA

Young SeNsE_VA Top Dog

Do you still got the Little frank dog?

15. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

No, I sent him to a good place where he'll have his chance to turn out. But the overall opinion is he never will. He'll have a shot at producing to but so far he's just more interested in sniffing a hog rather than catching one even when the hog dog take kindly to being sniffed at. Ain't a lot of hogs in my area and I don't want to take the chance of it gettin away. I need a dog that was born to hunt.

16. kayo45

kayo45 Top Dog

No problem if you're new, I'll explain the ped then. My dogs sire, El Negro, is a 3xw with all his hunts goin 2hrs or more and is an incredibly game bulldog. Plus, he is rom(Register of Meirt) which means he is a very good producer. He throws consistentaly in his pups in that they are very similar to himself and also they produce good themsevles.

Now my dogs Dam was sired by El Negro aswell which would make this a father-daughter breeding(Inbreeding). Which means traits of el negro have a good chance of showin back in the pups and tightn ups the line

Hope that helps

17. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

that helps a lot! i have been doing as much reading as i can find about genetics, and keeping a ear open to dogs that i hear people speak of being proven producers of dogs that go on to be proven. i cant remember where maybe here but i just read something on the dam or the dams offspring being in the ped over and over again contributing greatly to the pups gene pool and overall outcome of a litter. i am however as interested in a dog being proven as far as game goes as i am interested in it being proven to reproduce physical attributes also. i hope i dont get to much shit for that. i dont see why you cant have both. i see dogs i love that are claimed to be game and dogs i dont that are claimed to be game. i also see people on here comment on the same dogs i really like when they pop up saying things like that is one good looking dog or that dog is jacked or something like that?

i will not lie. i got into these dogs knowing nothing except i had seen quite a bunch of dogs when i was in my early twenties living in NYC and fell in love but could not have a dog for many reasons. ten years later i was ready and when i went looking not only did i only find dogs that did not really look as i remembered but when i asked people frankly what there dogs where they all said apbt. not knowing better i fell for it mostly as i was in a rush to finally get a pup. i then did get coughtt up in bulls for a bit as i do like some of them. as i have allready said though know owing one i know it will be the last time and they are not for me.

at this point i am tired of weeding through bad bites, high rears, easty westy, lack of drive, breathing problems bad allergies. i am willing to pay for what i want but i feel i should be able to control what i get better than i was able to with my last dog. my first dog as i said i lucked out and was apbt and has the personality i expect of the breed. my second dog however i got cought up in the form more than function and struck out anyway in the form department. with all his health problems, serious health problems and the money and heart ache spent i have learnt my lesson. i still feel i should be able to get everything i want in a apbt. first i want the temperament but i also want form. i now three years later have seen dogs that fit the physical and the temperament mold of what i want and also what i remember seeing many years ago when i fell in love with the breed.

also i had asked about Colby dogs as they are close to me. what are peoples thoughts on them. i stated that i wonder how game they really are at this point as Louis is older now and cant really do the dog thing hands on himself. its kinda funny as i was poking around and found a interesting article today on Rios and it suggested the same train of though i was thinking?

18. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

19. kayo45

kayo45 Top Dog

If you plan on getting a dog from TG, then you should be fine picking one From El Negro, Dynomite or Bobby Peru(El Negro's son). All those should be fine choices for you in getting a pup and having them turn out good for you

20. Young SeNsE_VA

Young SeNsE_VA Top Dog