1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

I can not believe the state of Mass.

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by BostonBully, May 13, 2009.

1. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

I just saw on the news that people on welfare are now being given free used cars, paid insurance and a free AAA membership. Not to mention they still get their welfare money and god knows they get food stamps and even WIC (free food, diapers, baby formula etc ). I almost threw up :mad:

2. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Yeah reminds me of all the billion dollar oil companies getting all the tax breaks!!! I don't know what I hate the worst.;)

3. KeystoneState

KeystoneState Big Dog

Big difference.
    Tax breaks equal more profit. Profit equals dividends for investors. Investors like the average joe's 401k. Check yours. You prolly got some "big oil" in there yourself.
    Where as the govt now shovels out your cash (off the top of your check) to give others the benefits of what you worked hard for.
    Give someone a car, tripA, food and a paycheck and wonder why people don't reach for the stars.

4. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

Not to mention I read just yesterday that social security will be gone by 2016 and medicare will be gone by 2017. What the Fin hell am I paying towards social security when I won't reach retirement for another 39 years and it will all be gone!!

I am so happy I moved from MA two years ago. I used to work at a supermarket when I was in Highschool and I despised seeing the people pull up in lexas's, mercedes and then come in with litteraly 500 dollars in food stamps every first of the month.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2009
  5. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

I dont have a problem as much as most of your for the poor getting things because shit happens. If most people on here were to keep it real they are probably one pay check away from being on he street. I know for me I lost my job of 13 years last month, if it was not for my wife we probably would be in the same boat. Not to mention so one gets sick and gets there pay check garnished because they did not have adequate health care. This forces a lot of people on the system so I am not as critical of poor people like some on this board. As far as 401k really I have lost my ass on my 401k that is a sore subject. This was durning the time when gas was 3-4 dollars a gallon. I think it is a bigger crime for CEO's walk away with boat loads of money while there companies fail. It amazes me out of all the topics that have been raised on this site this topic hasnt been brought up.:confused:

6. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

For the situation you described then yea I can see going on assistance, but 95% of the people on it are on it for life and have no intentions of getting a job. I think the law is around here you can stay on it if you have a kid but only for 6 years (don't quote me) and I have a friend with two brothers and guess what they are all 6 years apart. Alot of people would much rather get free shit and chill at home then actually have to work for a living. That is my experience anyway.

7. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

95%??? Welfare is not like it use to be most states only allow 2-5 years for someone to be on welfare. These are lifetime maximums.

8. This maybe true, but from my experiences those that abuse the system will pick up checks indefinitely due to their "disability". For example i have an uncle who is morbidly obese and has the highest blood sugar levels ive ever heard of, but yet he drinks liquor and pop and eats potted meat like its going out of style. The man is on the verge of having to have his legs amputated due to them constantly getting infected due to his blood sugar levels. He picks up disability checks every month for sitting on his fat arse drinking vodka and redbulls, when he doesnt even have the willpower to help himself so the tax payers help him out.

Dont get me wrong i support a welfare system, but too often is it abused. I guess thats just how it has to be nothing can be perfect. Every system has an up and a down side to it.

As for big oil companies getting huge tax breaks i am firmly against it. While gas was at 3-4 dollars a gallon the oil companies were picking up record numbers in their quarterly profits while average joes piggy banks were getting broke just to get to work or take their kids to school. Big business is just as lethal as big government, this recent meltdown is proof of that.

9. Nell_Bell

Nell_Bell Big Dog

In some places, foster parents receive food stamps for their foster kids (or at least they used to). So some of those you saw driving up in expensive cars may have been caring for those kids. On the other hand if you knew the people and their situation and thought it was a scam, they certainly should have been reported.

I used to work for section 8 housing 20+ years ago. Most people were working or physically diabled and just needed a hand up because the area is so expensive (teachers etc). Not that abuse doesn't occur but it is not as common as people think and you don't get rich being on it. WIC is or was one of the better administered programs of all of them.

Should non citizens be able to use the system? Absolutely not.

Is there a better way to administer it? Aboslutely! Do I have the answer? No.

I'm just thankful I don't need to make use of the system. It is an intrusive and convoluted system and most of the waste, from my experience years ago, was internal to the system, not from those who received it. JMO

As a side note: A good book to read is 'Nickled and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America' written by a reporter who went 'undercover' and tried to live on minimum wage. An eye opener.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2009
  10. PREACHER

PREACHER Big Dog

I kinda tripping on the system my self cause they seem to not really wanna help those who really need it. My mother and father are both 65+,Diabetics,Wheelchair bound(my father an amputee,my mother carcrash in 1982), Were both working people before their health failed and they cant even get assistance and they are talking about cutting thier Medicare now. Then I see these young girls young and able bodied and they get like 300-500 dollars in stamps and all kinds of assistance. I aint saying the assistance is wrong but help those who really need it.

11. KeystoneState

KeystoneState Big Dog

I've got no problem with the poor. Been there myself.
    I've got no problem donating to organaizations that help struggling familys. What I do have a problem with is the government taking from me and my family to give benefits to another who refuses to pull themself outta that hole. Theres is a big difference between GIVING and TAKING.
    If you're so hard up you need me to pay for your food, insurance, and paycheck you had better be taking the bus or kicking stones.
    I never got a free ride (no pun intended). That's not what this country is about.
    The problem with welfare is the problem with govt in general. It needs to be less federal and more local.
    Something you might wanna think about. If you raise taxes on a corp how do they make up the diffrence in profit? It ain't comming out of thier pocket.

12. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Anytime when you are dealing with the welfare system you will always have people that abuse it. I am glad, in most cases that the govt. has put limitations on the length of benefits. There are a tons of folks out here really struggling right now, it is sad that a few people have messed up the system so bad. No one trust the legitamancy of ones peril these days. I personally know in my own experience that stuff happens and sometimes you have to lean on the goverment until you get yourself back on your feet. Some do, some dont some people have resources that others don't. For this reason, I think it is irresponsible for people that have reasources to criticize people that dont. That is just the way I feel. My personal beliefs is I strive to have more and pray for the poor. I would be the biggest hypocrit that walked the earth if I were to turn my back on poor people because that is where I came from. As a child I saw my mother bust her tail trying to provide for me with no help (father). I came up durning the Atlanta Child Murders, you have no idea how tough it was back then. I cant imagine how tough it was for my mother to leave me home alone. We had no other resources but the system to get us through a tough time. If I have to give tax money I would want it to go to people like my mother who needed it when I was young. Or the person above that mentioned his diebetic parents.

Prov. 28:27 If you give to the poor, your needs will be supplied! But a curse upon those who close their eyes to poverty.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2009
  13. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

AHHH now dont start bitchin.LOL every one WANTED CHANGE LOL! Now wait yall are going to start seeing a lot more biger goverment and state Power. When all your money is gone and you cant even afford to pay taxes. They will take evey thing from you andgive out to every one else. So every one is in the same boat and has to "Lean on the goverment" the only one that will prosper is the goverment. They can keep there damn Change I will keep what little folding money I have. We need change all right Back to where we were 35 years ago.

14. KeystoneState

KeystoneState Big Dog

:looking around:
    Who was critical of the poor? Me?

15. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Wasn't referring to you. These post just come up often.

16. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

So do you think that my mother had a character flaw because she was on the system for a while?

17. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

No what I ment was that is what our goverment wants for all of us to have to lean on them they are getting more and more like china every day. A lot of people are just too damn blind to see it. And what pisses me off about the well fare is when alot of people really need help they cant get it for some stupid reason Like my poor grand mother when she needed help they would not help her that woman lived on 300$ a month and what ever I could give her. But They turned her down for food stamps. Explaine that! Yall all watch. They allready want to tell you how much you can make. then they are going to tax the hell out of it and give it away. WHERE is the motivation to better yourself any more. Hell I might as well stop working and start suckin the goverment tit. OH yae I cant They wouldnt even help me when I crushed my spine in two spots. if any of yall that are having a hard time dont belive me go down and see evey one that is getting help 90% of them are working the system and the other 10% that really need help have to pay what the 90% are doing.

18. Here is my take on the welfare system and its beneficiaries. As a child, I personally bought food with food stamps. As a man, I have family who receive food stamps, housing subsidy, and whatever else comes with the benefits of being part of the social services family.

In addition, I know people who are third generation welfare recipients. Now THESE folks amaze me in their kin understanding of the system they were born into. These are the folks who KNOW the loop holes in the system and teach it to their children.

I also know of a few women that use another way of in a sense "milking the system". These ladies have babies by different men in order to get the most out of each child support payment. Now, they intentionally have different baby fathers because monetary support is highest when not split between two same-father sibblings. Since this child support income is not consider taxable income, their opportunities do not stop there. If they get the fathers to give them cash (not get gov't involved) they can also milk the system. This might be the ladies you encountered at the supermarket Bostonbully.

I also know of young people who somehow get disability and only take on "cash" jobs. These people are as fit as you or I but somehow know how to get the benefit.

Fact is that there are certainly people in the system that need it. For them the system is a hand up. Yet, there are many others who choose to stay in the system because they have neither the preparation nor the fortitude to strive to be and do better. I have heard it many times...."shoot, I would be making about the same thing if I was working so why bother?"....."Nah, if I work the government is going to take my checks away."...."I don't need to work, my boyfriend works but the government don't know he lives with me." Obviously you also have those who collect benefits AND sell drugs. Clearly the examples I just gave exemplify the worst extreme of the scale.

That being said, there are many people who truly cannot work or otherwise do for themselves temporarily or permanently.

19. Income taxes are the lowest they have been in over 50 years, so what do you meen "they are going to tax the hell out of it and give it away" ? Its quite obvious you are referring to the Obama administration through out your post, did you know he has lowered income tax even more ? What do you meen we are turning into China ? I would assume you are a die hard capitalist from your post, and China is growing more and more into a capitalist nation every minute. The only significant tax increase i have seen since Obama took office is the cigarette tax. The tax is to fund a bill for funding of healthcare to children. "They already want to tell you how much you can make", the only people in the country the government has tried and dictate how much they can make are the CEO's of bailed out companies.

I would like to know where you get your information on any of the non-sense you just spewed.

20. KeystoneState

KeystoneState Big Dog

He means that they are going to tax the hell out of you and give it to people that they deem more deserving. Or whatever the hell fits their agenda.
    did you know he just spent BILLIONS of dollars on hoop dreams and bullshit?
    Communist douchebags.
    And I would ass-u-me that you are a progressive surrender monkey. America was build on capitalism. If you don't have any desire to see anyone prosper over anyone else, see the china comment.
    Who's children? I break my back to make sure mine don't rely on smokers.
    A hop, skip, and a jump away from you my friend. Or worse yet, your boss' boss.
    It's called common sense. I think someone posted a thread about that recently...
    YIS