1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

I blame DVP

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by MR BIGGS, Jun 5, 2006.

1. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

Hey Mr Biggs i know what u mean when u say u want her too look like lil bit, just keep up the work and like 14rock suggested maybe u should build a springpole, it'll make a big difference in conditioning.

2. MR BIGGS

MR BIGGS Breed Advocate

I have tried flirt-poles with different bait, but she refuses to play unless I'm her competition. Is there a way around that?

3. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

what i did when i first started my dog on a springpole was i would hold onto the piece of rope as the dog was pulling on it and i would swing it and pull on it so the dog would get excited. After a while of this the dog starts to "attack" the rope by himself. Another good thing to do is while you are tugging on the rope repeat a command like "get it" or something like that so later on all u have to do is say that command and your dog will go right for the rope.

4. MR BIGGS

MR BIGGS Breed Advocate

Tried and it didn't work. She will Not, I repeat will not play unless I'm her competition. Maybe she'll grow out of it.

5. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

well damn, i guess u got ur hands full with this pup. Good luck with her man and don't give up.

6. MR BIGGS

MR BIGGS Breed Advocate

Maybe if I ducktape a chicken leg as the tug. I never thought of that. But damn, how would I get it to stay on the end without her being able to get it off? still a toughy.

7. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

oh better yet get one of those kong toys and fill it with chicken meat then tie the rope through the hole maybe that will entice her, LMAO.

8. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

LOL maybe you've got one of the few dogs who just doesnt like a springpole. What are you using on the end? If at all possible bring an older, more experienced dog around (both on leash of course) and let that dog work the springpole while your younger dog watches. I have a large tow-boat tug rope I use, its about 5'' thick, and works great. I would suggest a skinned hide, almost all dogs love them :). Does the dog bite and play tug-of-war when you have the other end, and then drop it as soon as you let go?

9. MR BIGGS

MR BIGGS Breed Advocate

I have used many different objects, ranging from tennis balls, footballs, tires, rawhide and just plain rope. She will bite and play tug with me and when I let go she approaches me with the toy constantly until I grab on or put it away.

10. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

LOL I dont know, BoiBoi's suggestion has always worked for me in this situation, just grab the other end of the rope so shes playing with you, and once she gets it fully extended and shes way back (spring is pulling pretty strong here) shake it back and forth and let go. This way the action goes straight from your hands, to the spring actually moving and pulling back...this usually does it. If not, I dont know what to suggest.

11. Noname

Noname Banned

You wont get your dog looking like little bit. why because it build stems from the Yellow blood. It's not anything special to see a dog down from those lines with big back ends if only keep on a chain they will have a rear with that amount of fill. only enhances it once they get a little exercise and lose the excess fat.