1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

I am Please with my Game "Bred" bulldog

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by PiTBuLL200416, Dec 24, 2006.

1. PiTBuLL200416

PiTBuLL200416 Big Dog

I am Please with my Game "Bred" bulldog

First starting this thread I just want to say I did say game dog I said game bred dog meaning she was bred for that purpose but she is not game, well not yet LOL. I took my 9 month old puppy up to my friends ranch yesterday and he has bulls, cows, horses, and pigs some with real big tusks. My pup is has mostly jeep in her blood and is extremely loyal and I couldn't be more proud of her. She was fearless up there, running up to any animal at any size and never backed down once. She did get charge many times but with her agility and quickness she was untouchable. I know this is nothin compared to you big time game dog owners and breeders but this is my first game bred dog and I will never own any other dog for the rest of my life. I have been around this breed for my whole life but actually owning, training, and seeing it in action knowing that its your dog is amazing to me. I can't wait until she is full grown so I can go hunting with my uncle.

1 person likes this.
  2. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Re: I am Please with my Game "Bred" bulldog

Sounds like fun, but she better be smart running around with bigger animals like that, they stop on her and she's dead. Also, it may only be a short time before she tries to "catch" them, which probably isnt something you want to deal with.

3. dwd58

dwd58 Big Dog

better carry a break stick with you!

4. Re: I am Please with my Game "Bred" bulldog

yah that is furshure rock. I took my dog to a friends let her run loose on their farm for the evening went inside whyle she runs around the farm which she stays close all the time she never runs off so didn,t have mutch to worry about. When we came out she killed half of the chickens on the farm. it was funny.

5. Dirty3rd

Dirty3rd Big Dog

Be careful.

6. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

Goodluck with your dog. Sounds like you are having a blast! Oh yeah don't get it too twisted.. There aren't that many "big time GAME dog owners" on this board..lol The ones that think they are big time......lol......are far from..

Merry Christmas.

XxKonnectionsxX

7. Twitty

Twitty Big Dog

TRUE, TRUE. BUT WITH TIME YOU MAY OR MAY NOT BECOME ONE! DOGMAN THAT IS. GOOD LUCK.

8. PitBull_30

PitBull_30 Top Dog

True, there aren't many, but I know of two major/legendary dogman who hide there identity. There is Evolution Kennels as well. There are quite a few internet dogmen but there are some big names hiding in here also. :D

To PiTBuLL200416 - My girl China almost got herself killed when she got loose and went after my horses. It's fun now but I would definitely not encourage it if I were you. Animals like that can do a lot of damage when they want to.

Note: That is a Mountain Lion in the pics. A game or game bred dog might not give up but that doesn't make it any less dead.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2006
  9. cpowe

cpowe Pup

i would definatly be careful around cows and horses. i hunt hogs with mine using them for catch dogs. i keep them on a lead until the hog is bayed, but they still take a beating when they catch the big ones. i put cut vests and cut collars on all my dogs to protect them as much i can.

10. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

Dang, I'd love to hear more about the mule pictures. What exactly is going on? Was the puma being hunted with the dogs and attacked the mule? sure looks like the mule came out the winner on that!
    I used to have horses when I was a little girl. I had a dog once who decided to chase the horses. When one of them kicked him ten feet through the air, he decided to do other things for amusement. The dog was lucky the horse didn't break his ribs.
    It's not a good idea to let your dog chase stock...it makes the farmers and ranchers real unhappy... Of course some dogs can't resist chasing sheep and chickens...it's really nasty what a couple of dogs or even one can do to sheep and chickens.
    Better to hunt with them...but if you are going to hunt hogs, better get an experienced hunter to show you how. Hogs are vicious and fight back. there are some hog hunting pictures in the galleries here...take a look at some of the tusks some of them have...It's a wonder any dogs survive a hog hunt. You know they got heart and a half (or more) if they go after hogs...

11. dunlap

dunlap Big Dog

I dont know about where ya'll are from but around here, the quickest way for a dog to get shot is by chasing someones livestock. I shot my ex neighbors german shepard for something similar. And as far as mules/donkeys go, they are comanly used to keep away cayotes. If you pay attention when you pass a field of cattle you'll notice that 95% of the time you'll see a donkey right along the side of them.

12. PitBull_30

PitBull_30 Top Dog

Yep, or a Llama. Sometimes ponies too.

13. PitBull_30

PitBull_30 Top Dog

Here's the story...

"A Montana couple were out riding, he with his rifle and she with her camera. Their dogs followed them as usual, but on this occasion a cougar appeared and began to stalk the dogs, which was a fateful decision.

The hunter got off his mule and pulled the rifle, hoping to fire into the air and scare the lion away. Before he could shoot, the lion charged the dogs. At this point, the mule stepped in.

As the cougar approached the dogs, the mule snatched it up by the tail and started whirling it around, banging its head on the ground on each pass. The mule then dropped the lion, stomped it, held it to the ground by the throat, bit it repeatedly, threw it into the air and stomped it again. At last, the mule walked back to the couple (watching in stunned silence) and waited to continue the ride, as if nothing had happened.

Fortunately, though the hunter didn't fire a shot, his wife got four."

and the link...

http://www.mypartypost.com/viewpics/565/One_Determined_Mule_Takes_Big_Cat!

I got it in an email though.

14. PiTBuLL200416

PiTBuLL200416 Big Dog

This is my lil girl at the ranch, excited and ready for action LOL.

Attached Files:

15. PiTBuLL200416

PiTBuLL200416 Big Dog

I would like to thank everyone for their advice, I appreciate everything that you had to say.