1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

I am gonna blow! HUMANE SOCIET VISIT

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by mntman2003, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Oh...OK .......Gotya.

2. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

gotcha good tip thanks!

3. Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu Big Dog

While we are on the topic of filing a harassment charge, I have a neighbor, not sure who, who apparently has it out for me and my dogs. When I was training my pups stay outside one would cry and someone called AC twice. They claimed I was fighting dogs. Mind you I only had on pup at the time and she was 3 months old. Clearly these people hate our breed.

Now my puppies (4 and 3 months old) stay out 3 times a day for about 45 minutes a pop and they play together supervised. Of course they play rough but it is just play. It seems they are getting the homeowners association on my now.

I am going to lawyer up but what should my first steps be? I did not think that it is possible to find out who is calling AC/harassing me.

I have my stimulus check sitting in the bank and have no prob dropping it on a lawyer. Any advice?

4. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

I would try to find out who is calling, and try to work things out with them. Rather than getting lawyers involved right away. Not sure if finding out is possible. However, a conversation with the suspected callers might smooth any mis understandings over. Good Luck

5. Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu Big Dog

Thanks, I have introduced my dog to my next door neighbors, and even given them food for their dogs. I would much prefer to talk to whoever is calling and show them how great my dogs are. They are adorable puppies right now.

But I just got an attempted certified from the Home Owners ASS. and I think I need to start playing hard ball.

6. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

they told me they would black out the names and other info on my reports so I just knocked on peoples doors last nite of coarse they all denied it. private pyle is gonna loose it soon!

7. Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu Big Dog

Don't do that...always try and be as nice as possible in person. That is what I do. If you loose it and assault your neighbor it will end badly for you.

8. Outsider

Outsider Big Dog

Man I feel your frustration!! I was there..same situation...I did the same thing and knocked on a few doors! If not for one neighbor that basically told me ..."Sally next door is the one who called"..!!lol I would not of known...long story short..The wife and I knocked on their door before heading off to work (4:30am)!! Lol!! and basically confronted them straight up! of course they denied it, but strangely had a strong opinion on how I kept my dogs on chains..without going into great detail..I basically told him to keep his nose on his side of the fence!! My wife had his wife in tears! it was hilarious!! Only one more time did we have to walk around the block to pay them a visit!! It was straight out harassment!! I would get calls as soon as we pulled into my driveway..of course the dogs are barkn a bit..We basically let them know we were gonna be in there face everyday if thats what it took..It stopped!

9. Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu Big Dog

Hmm, food for thought. Maybe I need to knock on some doors. I think it is most likely the neighbors behind me on the next block.

10. CHICO

CHICO Pup

how A Humaniac Is Born?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2008
  11. Hmmm, that sounds like the title of a good new thread. How is a humaniac born? or The different faces (phases) of a humaniac mind. It is best to know your enemy if they are to be defeated.

I still say you go file charges and let the police get the harrasser's name and do some investigation.

12. Claddagh_Reds

Claddagh_Reds Big Dog

I wouldnt go that far as to press charges. You would only be adding fuel to the fire. And knocking around on neighbors doors, well, be careful you don't make it harrassment. You surely do not want to cause a neighborhood war, as they will only make it harder for you to own the dogs.

What should happen is that (and you can always follow up with AC) the ac should call or go back to the complaintant and let them know everything was ok.

And be pleasant and polite to all your neighbors. Smile, wave, say hey, great day isn't it? Don't let them see it bothers you. Some people report because they enjoy the drama lol..

If it continues then I would think about filing.

13. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

I know how to behave I work with women all day remember lol. I feel you though.

14. Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu Big Dog

Claddagh,

Great advice...I try and get all my neighbors to pet my dogs (they are cute wiggly puppies right now) and see my dogs w/ me, my wife, and young son. I always try and be as nice and polite as possible.

I did, however, have to get one neighbor. When I bought my first house in Texas, my neighbors had an extended family living in one house. The son in law was a worthless drunk who would always beg me for money, so I gave him jobs. I paid him (in advance) one day to mow the lawn and he only did half the job and left the gate open. I let my male out in the back to go to the bathroom and he got out to the front. I eventually chased him down but while I was getting him back into the house me neighbors called animal control on me.

The neighbors were also racists (always using the N word) so I bought another house and moved and rented that house to a nice African American family.:D

15. Outsider

Outsider Big Dog

...The AC guy told me he was going straight from my house to the neighbors to let them know everything was ok, but that didn't stop these weirdos. The young lady walked around the block one morning and knocked on my door, woke my kids up, to tell them the dogs were keeping her up. The wife and I had already left for work, but my son calls me shortly after to tell me the police stopped by to check their ages!! My son told the officer his age and the officer apologized for the inconvenience. This crazy chick called the police!! Can you believe it!! It was that day that I left work to knock on some doors!!

What is strange to me is these neighbors are fairly young, I'd say late 30's/ early 40's, I'm 43..I just assumed it was some old folks that were bored..I tried the smile thing! It didn't work!

Humaniacs and neighbors as I described are selfreightous control freaks! I have no patience for these type of people!

16. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

i was nice to them and they were nice to my face. but you know how that works.

17. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Outsider - I know you might not like my saying this, but I don't see what you're upset about. If your dogs are keeping someone up, they have a legit gripe. If she woke your kids up, I can't fault her there either. Your dogs kept her up & she woke your kids up. What's good for the goose is good for the gander, right?

As for her calling the po-po b/c your kids were left alone I say kudos to her! Too many kids are left unsupervised nowadays causing all kinds of trouble. I'm not saying your kids do that, but she had a legit concern about your kids being left alone & IMO she did the right thing. She didn't know how old your kids were.

JMHO on that ...

To the OP - I had a similar situation. Our neighbor in front of us had a white APBT they let run loose. My neighbor, who is terrified of dogs & knew we had APBTs, kept calling the sheriff's dept. on me any time she saw the dog loose near our house. I work w/ the sheriff's dept. at the HS games for the schools, so I talked to an officer privately & let him know what was going on. He was very understanding & I have not had them out to my house since.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2008
  18. Claddagh_Reds

Claddagh_Reds Big Dog

she had enough balls to walk over to knock on the door, sounds like she just wanted to start trouble with the kids..

19. MTNDOG

MTNDOG Big Dog

Well buddy, I feel for you. You know what I have been going through though, and I don't know many who have had to jump through as many hoops as we have. Im done now though and have a lawyer thay I hope will stop all this madness. It's a damn shame you can't live on 40 acres in the country anymore, without haveing to deal with some insecure asshole neighbors. I had to tell AC, Zoning, HS, and others, that they are not welcome on our property anymore. The funny thing is the AC is on our side and are working with us to get the BS taken care of.

20. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

His kids wernt left alone!! They were supervised by an older sibling who was old enuff to watch them legaly. People like you and his neighbor need to mind there own damn bussness & refrain from calling the police every time thay get some stupid as# assumption dancing around in There nosy mind. This unwarnted call to the police could lead to visits by a/c. A/c sees a knocked over bowl, a rib showing and a flirt pole. Now a/c would label him a dogfighter and he could end up in whole world of legal trouble. It goes down like that all the time. However, then I'm shure then you would also completely support the Ac/Po-Po 100%