1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

I adopted a pit bull!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by MAXIM, Mar 26, 2007.

1. MAXIM

MAXIM Big Dog

I'm a real sucker for animals, esp dogs! So after doing some reaserch, i found Domino through Pit Bull rescue. We named her Domino because she's black w/ white...She's 13-14 weeks, or so they say. We got her a day after they got her. She was abused by her owner, and was probably beat real bad. She never had any shots before they rescued her, also the bastards prolly barely fed her :(

When i saw her for the 1st time, my heart almost broke in a million pieces! How could they??? Something so small, innocent & fragile...Who would want to do that to her? Anyways, we got her! We already have Max, he's almost 20 weeks old, very well mannered, playful w/ other dogs & kids, basically he thinks he's a lab or something, its the funniest thing...When we brough her home, she ate almost three bowls of food in a row, thats how hungry she must have been. She was terrified of anyone who came near her, and now shes so outgoing, and loves car rides. She's great! So i took her to the vet, luckily she had no worms, she got all her vaccines and we are soo happy! Cause its been 3-4 days since we got her, and shes sooo happy. She plays with Max non-stop! And with Murphy as well, our pit-lab mix. They all sleep 2gether, and cuddle up next to each other and keep each other warm. Ive never felt such love b4 like i do now w/ them in my life! I even gave up riding motorcycles, because i want to spend all of my time outside work with them, playing & training! I dont wanna be away from them for a moment. Also, we decided that WE ARE GOING TO FIX THEM BOTH!
    Ok, well here's some pics of her, and some of Max too-

http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w241/brumbaugh0916/maxandmurphy/

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2007
    1 person likes this.
  2. Michele

Michele Guest

how adorable....and you are wonderful for adopting her.......

3. MAXIM

MAXIM Big Dog

Thank you! She's a joy!

4. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

Cute little pup u got there, got me a little jealous though cause i've got puppy fever real bad, but im gonna hold off for the right one. Just remember to watch out for the 2 pups cause there might be some fire mixed in their blood somewhere and u don't want to come home to a bloody mess, good luck

5. 6klub

6klub Big Dog

ah WOW! Great pictures, she's a cutie......

6. ericschevy

ericschevy Big Dog

CUTE, And thanks for saving a life...

7. cheekymunkee

cheekymunkee Top Dog

She's adorabale!!

8. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Great for you for adopting another dog, however I'm curious. It seems everyone who adopts a dog from a shelter speculates the animals were severly beaten and starved, why is this? I have walked the aisles and seen friends dogs' there, who were treated like royalty before being surrendered due to other circumstances (military, baby, new job). You take any dog away from it's pack, throw it in a kennel between a bunch of other dogs, and pick it out the next day to smother it and everyone wants to touch it, how do you think the dog/pup is going to react? Just a mindless rant...no one seems to believe good dogs show up at shelters.

Also, just so you know, it is a horrible idea to let a pup eat "three full bowls of dog food". That's not a laughing matter, you got lucky you did not kill that puppy if it truely was starved!

Enjoy the dog, hope all continues to go well for you.

9. JoeFeezy

JoeFeezy Big Dog

Congrats on the rescue. More people should be like you, i don't rescue cause i wanna know what to expect from my dog. But congrats to you cause with people like me the world needs people with big hearts like you.

10. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

how sweet ,she reminds me of my Iz.

11. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

Congrats ; they are both cuties! Best of luck with them

12. MAXIM

MAXIM Big Dog

OMG u read my mind!!! Yeah we keep em in crates when not home.....

13. MAXIM

MAXIM Big Dog

I dont speculate, I know they were beat because the neighbors called on the owners and said they saw them beat the puppies and mistreat them! There were several whitnesses to the abuse. Thats why they came in and took them away. Apparently though, the mom & dad pit bulls were treated just great! How fu**ed up!!
    And when she ate three bowls of food, there was time in between and they were small bowls....I couldve put them 2together and it would have prolly made a little over one portion thats acceptable for a puppy. I know what im doing and im not harming or over feeding my dogs in any way, my mom is a vet & and i know how to take care of puppies. Thanks for speaking ur mind though...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2007
  14. MAXIM

MAXIM Big Dog

yeah thats the thing, we will never know full facts about her background and bloodline, but thats the last thing were thinking about when were trying to give the dog a good life! Now, when we got Max, yes i did reaserch. I got papers on him and everything. But with her, i didnt look @ it like, ok im adopting a pit bull...I looked at it as- im saving a dog that i will give a good life to! :)