1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hypocrite......

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by DryCreek, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

they have the same face LMAO

2. ChiaPit

ChiaPit Top Dog

THANK YOU!!! I'm not the only one that thought that!!! LMFAOOOOO I just didn't want to be the one that said it first!!! LMAO

3. MIKA

MIKA Big Dog

I agree 100%. A declawed cat is not even supposed to be outside!! What if a bird would have flown down on it? How would it have caught it to KILL it!!! If you know what I mean.

4. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Oh I'm not defending the dog's owner by any means here. And personally, I really wonder if the cat was within a fenced backyard. I have yet to meet a cat that voluntarily stays within the simple boundaries of a fence.

As for our declaw law, it doesn't matter if you put your cat on a tie-out in a fenced in backyard, it is illegal to put a declawed cat outside. Period.

5. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

You know whats funny. At my clinic we had a Boston come in for boarding and when the owner tried to pick him up. He bit the tip of his owners index finger off. His own owner. I did not see that on the news here in Atlanta.

And yes I think it is the owners fault for not containing thier dogs. And who suffers the dogs and responsible owners.

But as far as dogs killing cats that is not uncommon. I think it is because of the breed that it is making news.

6. LegendsMami

LegendsMami Top Dog

It's gotta be. As I just wrote her an email myself. I'm wondering if she will respond.

7. Michele

Michele Guest

LMAOOOOOO....that was funny

8. ericschevy

ericschevy Big Dog

As it should be, I mean hows it going to stand a chance...
    Pesonaly I don't like cats but whats a cat to do with no claws..

9. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Mika: My mom used to let our declawed cat outside. Not only did she bring home birds, she even caught & brought home items such as live baby rabbits & even climbed trees!

But before anyone says anything, I do not agree w/ letting declawed cats out. My point is simply that declawed cats can do many of the things clawed cats can.

Mia: Yes, cats often roam. But we know this cat was killed in his yard b/c it plainly stated the dogs went into the fenced property to get the cat. :(

Cynthia: I'm sure the breed is a factor for the coverage, but this woman pushing the issue too. If the dogs had been Dobermans & she was rallying & petioning as hard as she is, it probably would have made the news too. You the old saying: "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2007
  10. Phebes

Phebes Guest

my thoughts exactly!!!
    what did she think would happen to a declawed cat outside
    what an idiot

11. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I dunno. She probably did not think anything would happen to the cat since it was IN HER OWN FENCED IN YARD!

Y'all are trying to make this woman out as evil. And while I do not agree w/ what she is trying to do, I can empathize w/ her. Her cat was in HER yard, minding HIS business. Then here come two dogs who then trespass into HER fenced private property & kill HER pet in a very violent & painful way.

Y'all can vilify that woman all you want, but IMO the blame lies w/ the two IRRESPONSIBLE APBT OWNERS. But funny, no one here seems to be wanting to discuss THAT! We all want to make fun of that woman & tear her to shreds for having a declawed cat outside in her own fenced in yard!

How would y'all feel if you put one of your APBT puppies (also a virtually defenseless animal) in a fenced yard & a pair of Rottweilers jumped the fence & tore your pup to shreds, killing it??

You wouldn't be trying to shift the blame or make jokes about the owner of the dead pet then would you? Oh no. I can bet your bottom dollar you wouldn't be. All of a sudden the convo then would be all about RESPONSIBLE OWNERSHIP of Rottis, wouldn't it??

I say BULLHOCKEY! The issue here is not whether a declawed cat should be out or not. Even if the cat was clawed it would have still likely been killed. So whether he had his needles or not is a non-issue.

The REAL issue is responsible APBT ownership, which these two morons couldn't seem to pull off. If it weren't for their irresponsibility, the dogs would have never gotten out, never killed the cat & this wouldn't be in the papers as we speak!

All I can say is RIP Thomas & that maybe the focus should be put on the REAL cause of the problem instead of this poor woman & her cat!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2007
    PitBull_30 likes this.
  12. simms

simms CH Dog

That's right....

13. Michele

Michele Guest

you are right on the money.......

14. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

Really good post ABK.(I can't give you any more rep, I tried) I don't think BSL would solve her problem (the woman whose cat was killed), but maybe some teeth in the laws that are supposed to prevent dogs running loose would help. It's easy to blame her for putting her declawed cat outide in her own yard. I had a declawed rescued cat once. (It was also spayed) This cat demanded to be outside, it would yowl piteously if I didn't let it out to hunt...and it was hunter too, even with no (front) claws.
    I think we should be condeming the owners who let their dogs run loose. There is where the fault lies, not with the dogs but with the irresponsible owners who couldn't be bothered to exercise their dogs and contain them but let them run around out of control...making all APBT or "pit bull" owners look like scofflaws.

15. ChiaPit

ChiaPit Top Dog

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to ABK again

16. simms

simms CH Dog

Just another example of folks that shouldnt own this breed. My deepest sympathy to this woman regardless of her own neglagence concerning her pets.

This is not a blackeye as most would consider it to be. This is yet another compelling case that will be stacked and used against the APBT. Worst of all another supporter of it.

There was a terrible incedent 2 days ago south of dallas. The news reports were horiffic. The after math of the incedent the niebors were giving interviews. Not only did they speak against chaining a statement was made that the breed was dangerous.

17. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

Ditto... Great post!

Simms, I didn't hear anything about that on the news lately. Can you post a link to an article about it, if possible? The only local news I've heard lately was that officer being killed last night.

18. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

what freak,she needs to get a life.Dogs kill cats.my moms black lab loves to "play" with kittys.I for one am sick and tired of theses f-ing cat owners that seem to think its okay for their damn cats to roam around freely and everytime something happens they act like its everyone else responsabilitie to protect and watch out for their mangy asses!anytime you let any animal out to roam free you are taking a chance that something might happen to it, and its no ones fault but your own.That whole story sounds like a huge load of B.S,like mia said who has ever seen a cat stay behind a fence?and if the dogs really did jump the fence that cat would have had enough time to run,and really if the dogs jumped itno her yard and started mauling the cat why would they grab the cat and jump back over the fence ,run away with the cat in their mouths only to continue mauling it elsewhere?Every time my dogs get a opposum or other small animal they catch it and maul it right there! they dont run away with it,thats something cats do.I think this freak has no idea what happened to her stupid cat and is just looking for a scapegoat.One more thing she said she took pics of the cats mangled body?if it was really two pits that got ahold of a cat ,there wouldnt be anything left to take pictures of.

19. Excelsior-Mom

Excelsior-Mom Big Dog

Well heres my opinion on the hole thing-

Sh*t Happens

20. ChiaPit

ChiaPit Top Dog

You may be right and you made a good point...but even so, the dogs were obviously not restrained and no one is currently calling for a ban on cats so the owners of the dogs should have been more diligent as well to avoid all this negative publicity our breed tends to get.