1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hypocrite......

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by DryCreek, Mar 23, 2007.

1. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

Look at her dog, it's a "Pit Bull Type" ;)

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/idaho/story.asp?ID=180662

A dog killing a cat is newsworthy enough for a personal interview? Never used to be. It used to be considered normal, just like a cat killing mice.:confused: :rolleyes:

2. Suki

Suki Guest

subscribers must be down, ......:mad: ......

3. cheekymunkee

cheekymunkee Top Dog

thank you for posting this! I tried the link earlier but had to be a subscriber to see it.

4. NOLEFAN

NOLEFAN Guest

notice how they invoke "the children" in this.....such a shame

since when did a dog killing a cat become something odd and new?

5. cheekymunkee

cheekymunkee Top Dog

My cats are warriors, they often bring me dead birds & snakes so watch for me on CNN this summer!

6. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I think SHE should be fined for putting/keeping a declawed cat outside!! It's a $250 fine where I live.

7. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

a cat with claws has a 50/50 (no pun intended) chance of getting away....

8. ChiaPit

ChiaPit Top Dog

Interesting that they published her e-mail address...bet thats one full inbox.

9. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

the whole thing that she thinks that because a dog attacks a cat that it will attack a child is insane...there is quite a difference there, no matter how fat the cat is.

10. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I may be the odd man out here, but the cat was in his OWN yard. Declawed or not, the cat was in his own yard, doing his own thing & these dogs jumped into her private property (FENCED private property BTW) & killed her cat. I'd be pissed too. If those dogs would have trespassed on my property & attacked one of my animals, those dogs wouldn't have gotten a shovel to the head, they would have gotten a bullet to the brain. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2007
  11. Michele

Michele Guest

The owner should of done this from the beginning. another irresponsible dog owner......

12. cheekymunkee

cheekymunkee Top Dog

I agree!! What I do NOT agree with is the fact that ONLY pit bulls ( or what they think are pit bulls) make the news when something like this happens. As if other breeds do not kill cats.

13. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

That's what gets me, too. If it were german shepards she wouldn't be on the news. The dogs getting in her yard is bad, though.

14. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

My point is not about what happened. It's about calling for BSL instead of just blaming the dogs involved. I mean, she owns a dog that could be construed as a "Pit Bull Type" yet she's calling for a ban. Punish the dogs that killed her cat by all means. Just leave the rest out of it.

Dogs kill cats and rabbit's, cats kill mice and birds, and my chickens kill mice and insects. It's all part of nature.

Just like any incident involving domesticated animals, it's the person who owns the offending animal, or the person who overstepped their bounds with the animal who are to blame.
    It's pathetic the way people are these days. Ban this, Ban that, Sue him, Sue her, whatever happened to self government and taking responsibility for your actions. Too much reacting and not enough thinking.

14rock likes this.
  15. NOLEFAN

NOLEFAN Guest

I have experienced this. I had a male that got scratched and never messed with a cat again. I also had a female that got scratched, and she went nuts and ripped that cat apart, and tried to kill every cat she could after that.

16. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Yea, I agree she shouldn't be calling for BSL b/c ANY dog will kill a cat. Heck, if a Jack Russell or Patterdale had gotten in there it would have done the same thing. I have even known Boston Terriers (her breed of choice) who were pretty dicey around other animals. So should we ban all Bostons? Somehow I don't think she'd support THAT ...

17. WWII

WWII Banned

She looks mean.

18. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

She looks to me like she is a sad, bitter old woman. But who can blame her? B/c of 2 irresponsible owners, 2 dogs trespassed onto her fenced property & subject her pet to a very terrifying & very painful death. I'd be sad & bitter too.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2007
  19. Suki

Suki Guest

i would be, too.
    it's just too bad it's so sensationalized, due to the 'breed', ....:(

20. clutch billups

clutch billups Big Dog

you know what i say about people like that ..."Cant Undertand Normal Thinking"

but thats just me [​IMG]