1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hybrid breeding

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by xBullSonx, Jul 19, 2016.

1. xBullSonx

xBullSonx Pup

Have anyone bred a pitbull to a English bull terrier?

2. c_note

c_note CH Dog

That's cross breeding. Waste of a good dog either way IMO. You should be able to find a good apbt or bull terrier to breed to the same breed. Why breed the 2? What is the goal of the program???

Dusty Road and reddirt redneck like this.
  3. c_note

c_note CH Dog

You've asked a couple of simple breeding questions that shouldn't really be asked if one is serious about breeding anything. You should do more research and find out what you want first. THEN figure out how to get it. Buy dogs then learn about them, breed your own waaaaaaaay later.

reddirt redneck likes this.
  4. that cross has been done a few times i believe more on the side of improving the sporting abilities of the english bull an example would be frisco sport

reddirt redneck likes this.
  5. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Big Dog

Unless you have a yard and are using your animals for work I think this is a bad idea! You should breed to improve and if your not keeping multiple generations of your breedings you'll never truly know what your producing.

6. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I can't think of any benefit to the APBT by crossing those 2.

westsideboy likes this.
  7. Moins

Moins Pup

If the English bull terrier was a secret ingredient , it would be known .
    If you consider the time when the original Half & Half's were being created
    and as time progressed James Hinks worked on the English bull terrier for a different purpose
    if any improvement could occur it wont be on the APBT bitch pups

8. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

that cross was probably more prevalent back in the day,,,
    ebt might add something to the apbt through years and years and many generations of selective breeding,,,
    but I am sure it wouldnt take as long for the apbt to correct all the ebt defects...

either way the balance of old school crosses linebred on the white terrier migfht make for dogs more like last century,,,
    whether they will compete with the dogs of today or be better is up for a long experiment that will alot of time and money...

I am not against the thought of the what I would cosider a line bred white terrier,,,
    but also dont see fixing whats not broke...

with that being said,,,
    the old great breeder & competitor walter komosinski of pennsylvania
    as well as ozzie stevens and mr rocca didnt question it,,,
    so why should I ???
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=4251

9. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

It was done a little in UK and Ireland ,,in late 1970 early 80s,,,when APBT first came over ,,usually as some people just used what they had in their yards ,,,it soon faded away ,,,when APBTs became more available ,,,Bull Terrier , added nothing ,,they lack mouth , they are too stiff built ,,and totally as a breed lack gameness,,,

palooka likes this.