1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hurricane issac..........

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hammer head, Aug 26, 2012.

1. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

What ya'll doing down florida way as storm approaches........

2. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

everybody goin nuts over it i can tell you for sure..gas stations running out of gas where i live...people buyin shitloads of water,propane ,basically all types of fuel..gas prices goin up for dam sure now.I am about 70 miles from the water and I got good shelter for my dogs.I hope it dont get to powerful bfore it hits.

3. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

We are 20 miles east of Pensacola and 20 miles inland. We are going to bring the dogs in.

They keep moving the predicted path. Yesterday it was going to hit Panama City, then Fort Walton, now Mobile AL. But the cone now reaches from New Orleans to Panama City. The truth is that they really don't know where it is going to hit. And they won't until it gets into the Gulf Of Mexico. They are predicting a Cat 2.

This is my first hurricane and I am freaking out a bit.

I bathed all the dogs yesterday. We only have 9 to bring in. We have water and Gatorade. Also some non perishable foods. We froze gallon milk jugs of water in our deep freezer. We do not have a shed so we are putting all the garden tools and things in the dog kennels. Also filled up our car and truck. And have 10 gallons as back up. Also have a camping stove and lantern.

All you can do is hope for the best!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2012
  4. lil mayhem

lil mayhem Top Dog

I hope for the best for all of you down there and your dogs of course. Be safe and keep us updated afterwards.

5. feastodg

feastodg Big Dog

Be safe. I was in Sarasota, Fl when the west coast got hit with 3 pretty serious hurricanes in what seemed like a month back in 04', even got a dog named Ivan from down there from that year.

6. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

Thanks all and I will! At lowes now getting plywood for windows!

7. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

good luck to everyone down there

8. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Top Dog

It's gonna be fun lmfao

9. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

crazy fucker lol...good luck man, find a big tree and chain yourself to it

10. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

i didnt even hear about this..............crazy stuff

11. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

dont you watch the news Laced?

12. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

i just woke up and signed in....thats how dedicated to gd i am LMAO

i dont watch tv, ittle rot your mind!

13. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Top Dog

I've been through more then a couple storms. I don't even worry about em anymore. I can't remember which storm it was. But me and 2 cousins went surfing, a few hours before it hit. The only time you get nice waves in this part of florida lol.

14. jacko

jacko CH Dog

i cant stand the wind as am out in it all the time at work, it can get pretty concerning when your in a tent up a mountain too. lmao
    stay safe everyone !!!

15. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Good luck to all in the path of the storm.Wish you the best.

16. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

New updated projected path. It is a huge area. From Louisiana to Destin FL in the panhandle. This is a huge storm. Everyone please stay safe!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

OK, Cynthia and Butthead, the offer still stands, there's room here for you and all the dogs, if you need to make a run for it.

18. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

Appreciated V! I really do! I have to work tomorrow. And most likely I will be off on Tuesday. And they are closed on Wed. Thing is we would have to leave now. Otherwise if we wait we would be stuck in traffic. A friend of mine was stuck on the I10 for 29 hours during Hurricane Ivan.