1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Hunters (calls)

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by littleblackdog, Oct 19, 2010.

1. littleblackdog

littleblackdog Big Dog

I guess this might not be the right section but oh well, still about dogs sort of. Hunting season is coming and I was wondering what calls you guys who hunt predators use, the distress type calls. Everyone I have bought except one sounds like a damn duck instead of a distress rabbit or other game. Looking at hunting fox and coyote, coon but not need for the coons but does anyone have a recommendation for brand and ease of use.

2. QUATTRO

QUATTRO Pup

If your talking about mouth calls for preds I started with a Primos Lil Dog. Does the basic distress stuff plus barks howls all that. Works well and I found it easy to use. Think it came with a instructional dvd too. Got lucky tho' and got access to a FoxPro digital caller that is real nice. Gotta remote and an ass load of calls so the Lil Dog has seen lil use since..

3. QUATTRO

QUATTRO Pup

wanted to add that if your calls are sounding like ducks you're def doing something wrong. sure it ain't a duck call??:D

4. Blackpoison

Blackpoison CH Dog

5. littleblackdog

littleblackdog Big Dog

Thanks guys, some of them have been easier than others but I wanted at least 3 calls so if one doesn't work I can try another on the same day. Thanks too blackposion, that sounds great, sounds like the dvds to the calls that wouldn't work:). I talked more with the guys at the hunting store and he said most there are crap, except one but 200 bucks for an electronic call just seems out of my price range for my dedication to hunting, it is fun but not that fun yet or addiction hasn't set in yet. I think if I don't find something soon to try that one blackpoision listed.

6. n2bulldogs

n2bulldogs Banned

Good luck! One thing to remember is not to call TOO loudly. It's hard to sound like a 4lb. rabbitt when your 200 lbs. lol

7. Holdndown

Holdndown Pup

The guys i know ues the electronic say it is the best thing to use.

8. littleblackdog

littleblackdog Big Dog

That is funny, my wife was saying the same thing with this one call, she said I sounded like a 75lb jack rabbit having sex instead of a 4lb hurt rabbit.

9. redwar

redwar Big Dog

Friend of mine into coyote hunting downloads distress calls off the net, plays them off a small tape recorder, he does pretty well with it, and it is cheap.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2010
  10. littleblackdog

littleblackdog Big Dog

Good idea, thanks redwar.

11. popper

popper CH Dog

LMAO! i laughed so hard my dog jumped up LOL ... plz lemmeknow how that works out for ya... very intrested... goodluck

12. kdue

kdue Big Dog

i use a distress squirrel call. just about every predator comes in along with the squirrels. i bought mine at the local mills fleet farm. hope it helps.