1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

HSUS runs add in Tucson News paper

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by raided2, Dec 30, 2008.

1. raided2

raided2 Big Dog

Tuesday December 30 ,2008,the HSUS ran 1/2 page add in both Tucson Az news papers ,the Arizona Daily Star and the Tucson Citizen in big headlines:BRINGING ANIMAL ABUSERS TO JUSTITCE,Congradulations to Pima county(Arizona)Sheriffs department Detecetive Therese Deschneses and Sgt.Terry Parrish as well as Humane Society of Southern Arizona President and CEO Amy Eades, winners of the 2008 Law enforcement awards. Thanks to their dilligence, a suspectedmassive dogfighting operation was shut down and 150 dogs were spared the cruelity of this illegal bloodsport. visit humanesociety.org/dogfighting to learnmore. I find it intresting that even though the Patricks were aquited and found innocent they still are saying they broke up an allged dog fighting ring and they say 150 dogs were spared the cruelity of dogfighting but what the HSUS does not state is all the dogs were euthanised before anyone even had there day in court!!!!!!!! Come one folks we need to let the rest of the world know the truth!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2008
  2. KuttersKru

KuttersKru Top Dog

Breaking up a bloodsport? More like "slaughtered a bunch of dogs"

3. raided2

raided2 Big Dog

Yes true KK also the Piams county sheriffs should havegot awards for law enforements biggest liars and the HSUS slaughter 150 dogs !!!!!

4. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

The way the HSUS uses language is straight out of Orwell.

5. simms

simms CH Dog

I hate the HSUS! Can they get sued for running that ad?

6. BishopBullyZ13

BishopBullyZ13 Big Dog

sounds like hsus is the one running the "bloodsport" to me.....euthanizing all theese innocent dogs!

7. Could someone find out how much it would be to place the same size add in these newspapers?

It would be intelligent to answer their misinformed propaganda with advertisement of the truth.

8. Scratchy

Scratchy Pup

I've been saying we should all do some sort of ad.:cool: Whether it be newspaper, bumper stickers, or even dedicate a whole car to being wrapped. Our message is not getting out because we speak as indiviuals with a common topic.The HSUS gets plenty of word play because they are organized.

Oh and to answer your question, I called them and was told that a 20-30 character add will run $54.75 and a dispaly ad which you can include a picture and 300-500 character will run appx $250 but that's an estimate because they actually have to see the ad you're trying to run before they can give you a final price.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2008
  9. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

They are covering there trails so HSUS does not look wrong

10. Marty

Marty Guest

Anyone have the link to this?

11. raided2

raided2 Big Dog

Marty this was not a link but an add run by the lying HSUS talk to webmaster@stop-bsl.com she will fight this tooth aqnd nail if anyone is intrested in fighting this BS I have the add in my lap it won't be on the e-news paper as the HSUS paid for this add! It is not part of the regular e- news paper folks we need to fight this and show how the HSUS rescued these dogs from illegal blood sport and eutahnised them ! Hell I had to take a plea as attempted dogfighting ,how the hell do you attrempt to dog fight either you do or you don't and the Patricks were 100% aquitted what about the other 2 co-defendants? They haven't even had their day in court ,the dogs were up in appeals court and the dogs were still eauthanised !!!!!!! PLease folks we have to fight this and get the truth out to the genral public!!!11

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2009
  12. Marty

Marty Guest

I will research it more tommow ;)

13. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

Lets pass the hat around and start a collection who writes well? Maybe Marty can start a donation link of sorts. But why the Tuscon paper why not the Globe or NY TIMES 10 bucks each..how many members we got?

14. raided2

raided2 Big Dog

1st of all happy new years and stop bsl.com is a person who has been through the rigner and is a real trooper ,go to webmaster@stop-bsl.com let her know what you are trying to due and why she wil lhelp out and is behind the dogs for the better of the breed as a whole!!!!!!!!

15. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

We should all get tohether pitch in 50-10 bucks and show a copy of the ad from the Tuscon paper BRINGING ANIMAL ABUSERS TO JUSTITCE,Congradulations to Pima county(Arizona)Sheriffs department Detecetive Therese Deschneses and Sgt.Terry Parrish as well as Humane Society of Southern Arizona President and CEO Amy Eades, winners of the 2008 Law enforcement awards. Thanks to their dilligence, a suspectedmassive dogfighting operation was shut down and 150 dogs were spared the cruelity of this illegal bloodsport. visit humanesociety.org/dogfighting to learnmore. And the tell the truth of how 150 dogs were murdered for no good reason and how the accused were found innocent. Show photos of dead pitbulls piled at the HSUS ..WORKS FOR ANTI- SMOKING ADDS. sent to him or her.

16. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

Every one who meets my dogs are always suprised to find out it is a pit ..they say wow so freindly and happy I thought pitbulls were mean. Th pubic needs to see the ugly side of the HSUS BODIES PILED HIGH ! I sound like a nut but that is what advertising and changing the publics eye is about getting there attention with grotesque images. They show pictures of dogs fighting and blodied ..why not show them a happy pitbull licking a kids face or a picture of a yard with happy dogs in a video and then a pile of murdered dogs that were killed just because of there breed.

17. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

The way things usually go for us though, they would say they couldn't run it for some reason.

18. mntman2003

mntman2003 CH Dog

We can run any add we want it is our right!

19. Scratchy

Scratchy Pup

Keep trying! Believe me I'm on your side being that I own apart of the past, present and future of this breed but there aint many if any here willing to stand up and take drastic action. It seems that some believe just showing their dogs is enough good publicity. It takes more than a youtube video, or going to a show to get the word out.
    What is the word you ask? To be humble about the history of this breed and respect that it is apart of American History and to move on from that to where we are now which is continuing to raise loyal, athletic, free spirited, determined, and extremely smart bulldogs. These dogs are not bred to fight but are bred for the characteristics mentioned above. The fight was just the will and determination to please its owner.

I could go on&on rambling what we already know but have to be proud and quit letting people get away with bashing what we love. No-one here can fight BSL or PETA and the likes alone. When are people here going to start putting their heads together and get'em out of their arses?

20. raided2

raided2 Big Dog

I am pretty sure stop bsl has run some adds in some South East mixed martial art mags and was working on running some adds on some radio stations,she has lookked into it it just infurates me that the HSUS makes it sound like we are the monsters and the breeds worst enemy's the saved 150 dogs from the Cruelity of dog fighting ?? Why don't they say how many dogs they killed with the sryinge ,Hell there are rumors here in Piam County that the South Westrern Humane Society of Az was huiiting cats iover the head with a hammer as a for of humane euthanistion!!Yet these are the folks who are supposed to rescue or animals??