1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

How's he lookin'?

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by Lethalpits, Dec 14, 2006.

1. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

On my boy's pedigree, click on Lowe's Sad Sadie(Reynold's Alligator Dundee's dam). She's in 4th gen. Her sire is an AKC line Amstaff and not quite sure what her dam is. Weird because Sad Sadie was bred to Corbett's Hagbar the Horrible, a Woods/Steve Bullsht line dog. So it's like a game/amstaff cross which shot out Alligator Dundee. My boy has like 4% amstaff. But on the bottom he also has 6% camelot line so..lots of game x show dog crosses on both top and bottom

yea it is weird lol

2. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

I'm in the Millington area Ren, u?

3. Renegade

Renegade Pup

I'm in the Cordova Area

4. MASON

MASON Big Dog

I see it now, right before my eyes, thanks.:) Curious to see how he will turn out, never saw a breeding like that before.

5. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

youre gonna have a hard time showing a blue...take it from someone who knows,...im in the middle of regestering with the ukc. thats where ill be showing from now on

6. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

Yea I hear that alot from ADBAers Pit. But since I'm starting on him early I'm hoping I can keep his weight down by April 07 and try to keep him around 60 lbs max. I'll let his weight fluctuate(sp?) between shows but no more than 70.

although his breeder did say he could get up to the 80s which I'm trying not to.

BTW Pit did the ADBA show you attended not have a best blue??

7. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

60lbs will be WAY to heavy,...thats where my girl is and she was an easy 10 or 15lbs heavier than the rest...i dont unserstand the last part of your post....lol...

8. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

Damn 45-50 for blues? Does that count with males, too?

And, for my latter part of post I was refferin to the ADBA shows. Alot of the ones round here have a 'Best Blue Male/Female' judging. Was wondering if they did not have that at the ADBA show you attended. This is the one I'm looking into attending here soon.

http://www.vsbulldoggerassoc.com/

9. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

no,...they definetly did not have that ....lol...or i woulda won, the judge told me to my face that my dog looked terrific,she just has to much muscle on her back legs and that she was'nt skinny enough...look around the posts for a dog named red cocaine,...your dog needs to be that skinny or skinnier

10. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

i looked at the link and thats not an adba show man...i have a book of all the shows and that ones not in it. also, you can ask around,..the adba DOES NOT like dogs our color...the ukc would be better for you also...jmo...he has to be at least a year before you can double register im though...if anything go to the show and meet some really smart people.

i went to my first show thinking i knew alot about these dogs and left with a complete diffrent outlook on the breed and the standard...
    talk to everyone there, thats what i did...im normally im kinda loner when it comes to talkin to new people but when you can almost see the knowledge floating in the air you cant help it

11. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

Dang I gotta double check on VSBA..does anyone on here know more about their club?

Also don't give up just yet Pit you can always condition these dogs out man its hard but possible. I checked out RedCocaine, but check out Tnobs' dogs.

They are Greyline and at ABA shows.

[​IMG]

12. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

no....i am very far from giving up,...im double reg. my dog and going for the ukc show...i met the judge that inspected my dog for the double reg last weekend and she told me that mjt dog was one of the best she ever saw..

and then im gonna save up to buy a tredmill and get my dog lean for the adba shows...its not impossaqble to place a blue bog in the adba...its just got to stand out better than normal

13. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

60lbs is a bigger female of any color

I've seen plenty of males around that weight do fine in ADBA but not big females.

On another note, it is not about being skinny it is about being in shape

It is honestly more of a conditioning and proportion thing more so than actual weight. Dogs having a specific part more muscled than other parts are considered out of proportion

UKC is more accepting of dogs that are not fully conditioned , but overall the dog should still have good proportions

There are ADBA CHs that are blue so don't be discouraged if that is the org you want to try showing with....

From the picture it looks like the pups head may be larger than most ADBA dogs but that could just be the pict and or that he is still growing and in an awkward stage which is quite common during growth spurts. It is really hard to tell much of anything because it isn't a stacked or full pict of the dog. When you post more it will be easier to give better opinions on him though doing a structural eval on a pup going through growth spurts isn't always the best time to eval.

Good luck showing

I don't show ADBA, but I have been to their shows. I do however show UKKC, and have ADBA/UKC reg dogs. I may begin showing my girls ADBA in the spring... still deciding

14. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

Yea I was thinking 60 is not that far off for a male, 55 would be better. But yes his head is kind of big but like you said he might be going through some growth spurts. I'll get better pictures soon, plus he is stubborn when it comes to cameras!

And Pit share that mill with me when ya get one lol jk I need one too. But ya I wouldn't let one adba judge get me down I'd take it more of a challenge, get my dog conditioned, weighted down and come back and show them whats up.

15. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

hell....some of them dogs up there were just plain skinny...my dog is well proportioned well shes just a larger dog than the adba likes...i didnt say that you couldent place a blue dog.,...i said its hard ....i had 10 people tell me before i even got in the building that it was gonna be hard to place a blue dog....also you gotta have your dogs gait, stack and stance down before a ukc show...where as in the adba you need to teach you dog how to pull you while standing on its hind legs....lol....i called it a wheelie

16. mopardave360

mopardave360 Big Dog

I went to an ADBA show out here in So. Cal. about 3 weeks ago and saw a Blue Male get second place out of I believe 4 dogs in his class, so it's definitely possible. He was bigger than the other dogs in every way, taller, heavier, but WELL PROPORTIONED. I would have guessed him about 65-70 lbs. but he looked great. Lethalpits your dog definitely has the potential IMO.Don't get discouraged Pittfallin, just work her out a lil more and give it another shot. She looks good.

17. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

man...thyere wasent a male in there that weighed more than 50....besides the weight pull...split the cost and you can come use it whenever you want..i live in dallas

18. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

what im saying isnt textbook standards but ive been to 4 diffrent shows and im telling you th problems that i personally had and what people told me that i was gonna have before i even got in there...and what the people told me is exactally what i saw happend and what happned to me....im not discouraged at all i only had 2 weeks to prep for the show and even when i did get to prep i didnt get to a good as i wanted because i had just had surgury 2 weeks prior....ill be ready next time...

19. Do you mind If I make a sticker out of your signature that you got there to sell.

20. "best blue" is not an actual class. it is just one of the "fun" classes that some clubs put on to help raise money. you win a trophy but no points toward championing your dog.