1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

How valuable is a dog with no papers?

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by ChevyNova06, Jun 22, 2011.

1. crushbones

crushbones CH Dog

WTF!!.have u lost ur mind??...ur dogs must be mixbreeds!!..don't talk for everybodyelse on here!

2. Paid or a 1,000$ for my lil bitch with no paper work in hand just trust the breeder cause he does not sell dog and I just so happen to get Lucky to be able to buy one don't plan on selling any dog so don't give two fu@k about her paper work! And beside I will never give up the true ingredients!! Learned that from the old timers!

3. how much would you take for your fine bulldog take that price throw in a few dollars for your work and feed. but remember just cuz you dont have his works dont mean hes not reg. thanks k/k

4. It depends on how much you appreciate Bulldog (Bloodline) plus your honesty. The documents do not make Bulldog, Bulldog himself shows documents.
    - regards,
    p.s. Today, documents are not the problem, the main thing parents bulldog and decency dogman.

5. Redboy89

Redboy89 Pup

Re: How valueable is a dog with no papers?

I have a bitch with a handwritten ped myself and she is working just fine for me and I got her from an oldtimer. And he is trust worthy, a man of his word. She's not the first dog that I have gotten and from day one of me dealing with him he told me "Any dog that I buy from him that does not prove themselves should be brought back to him and I would be able to choose from another working stock with no extra charge". She makes my third bulldog from the oldtimer.

6. NONE of mine have ever had papers....But I know what im getting...thats all that matters....if they have papers or if they dont they are only worth what you think they are...ur feedin em!!

7. rroscoe

rroscoe Lightner Hemphill / Colby

If your dog is proven people would try and contact you to get some of that its pretty simple papers would not matter ..if it is a proven dog in fast circles then other breeders should know of what it has done you would contact them and they would be interested ..other wise a paper trail gives some idea ..I had people show up at my yard with a papered dog that said this was top of the line bitch ,but since i was to also recieve a pup I inspected this 2 year old and found worn teeth bad hip and told the owner i would not breed to her then I explained why and then told him she was 5 years if she was a day and had a bad hip and he said but the papers say ..I said well you got papers you just don't have the dog ...and so it goes

8. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

you wont breed to a 5 yr old ruffed up bitch , Hell i wouldnt breed to a bitch unless she looked like hell and was at least 5 years old.

9. rroscoe

If the guy has papers on the dog get them ..I think everyone here is more less saying either he will go or he will not ..and that is most important ...But paper may show a series of pups who are know to go so they are good at reducing your chance of a non starter or finisher ...So if the guy has it get what ever line history you can

10. Rolloboymick

Rolloboymick Big Dog

rroscoe, that 'but since...' in your previous post, what's that mean? If you hadn't been getting a pup from the mating, in place of a fee maybe, you wouldn't have 'inspected' the bitch? That's funny but sad.

11. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

I didnt read all the posts but in my opinion,... A dog is only worth the purpose it serves... Meaning if you have that dog for a particular reason and it does what you need it to do then its invalubule...if it doesnt , yhen its not worth a red cent

12. Rolloboymick

Rolloboymick Big Dog

With or without a piece of paper. I haven't papered dogs for several years with any registry, but do plan to do so in future. I've sold pups and grown dogs with handwritten peds, or people have got them from me on the phone. A problem I'm finding is minor changes/mistakes that appear over time in such paperwork, and then having people ask me about this one or that one and having it wrong to one degree or another. Online pedigrees makes this worse. Too many take it as gospel if it's on there. Of the many of mine and my brothers dogs on there I don't think there's one without the name wrong or the ped part wrong. We've never put any on there. Theres even ones we bought but weren't happy with so no-one owns now, that the sellers put a name of ours to in a way, and then posted. 'what if' posts on there - make believe peds with our dogs in them! It's a fukn pain. So I'll be single registering our current ones were happy with, and any sold in the last 7years at owners requests. And papers will go with any dog sold from now on. Tired of the bullshit.

13. Rolloboymick

Rolloboymick Big Dog

Also, many years ago, current papers may have saved me a dogtheft hassle. Duke, a grandson of CH jeep , and very good for a long hard day himself, was leased out by me for breeding. I'd bought the dog as a 6y.o and never got his gdbr papers. They're in the mail, I was told. The guy who leased the dog wrote some bs letter to gdbr, who then sent him papers for the dog! So he sells the dog! And pups he owed me from the dog, all with nice registry papers from the USA in his name. Nice. Maybe if I'd chased it up with the registry myself when I got the dog, it might not have happened , and the someone's broken legs and my 'little holiday' might have been avoided too. Got Duke and a daughter back, of 6 stolen. The daughter was CH Bubby. Best to have not just papers, but papers in order!

14. rroscoe

I didn't want a dog with bad hips in my blood line period.. I would of put her down
    My name was on all mine a few hundred to ruin my blood line was nothing .. Age was fine ..was just pointing out to him why his papers did not belong to the bitch in front of me..

15. Rolloboymick

Rolloboymick Big Dog

No worries, my mistaken understanding of earlier post. Good on you, I totally agree. Had a greenwood x line where that turned up, only in bitches, here and there. Some very GOOD ones who could never be bred. Showed up at 2y.o and deteriorated from there. Someone in the ped hadnt been careful. Glad to hear you were. I appreciate your courtesy rroscoe, I jumped to a conclusion a bit rudely there and I apologize .

16. BIGEASY

BIGEASY Pup

ive got a male who has no papers, but because i know whats runnin in him as well as his abilities, thats how i determine the worth of my dog. He's more than money can buy. :]

17. PitNoob

PitNoob Big Dog

Papers are for salesman and beauty pageant competitors,aka conformation shows. Most working dogs nowadays don't have papers at all. Go ask most hog hunters that use the apbt as catchdogs if their dogs are registered and 9/10 will tell you that they aren't. However, I'd take one of those dogs bred to catch hogs over any conformation winner any day since those dogs came from proven stock

18. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

what makes u think conformation dogs cant come off proven stock or be proven themselves?

19. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Yeah, you tell him girl say that with ya leg raised minge LMAO

20. D.Dogg

D.Dogg Big Dog

Papers are good for breeding and if you plan a family of dogs. Call it a road map.

Outside of tracking the bloodlines and working your breeding program from proven stock off specific lines will help you keep the gene pool going right.

Papers are useless to a dog and his working career. However once he proves worthy then the road map of what made him is very handy. With out this road map good luck trying to get there again.

FWIW My latest dogs reg papers are still in the glove box. I may send them in, I may not. I truly only care about the dog. He's not for stud. So yea working dogs and pets need no papers.....breeding programs benefit from them.