1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

How valuable is a dog with no papers?

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by ChevyNova06, Jun 22, 2011.

1. art

art Big Dog

argee.........................

2. Dogs are born without papers. Registries attach papers to dogs when you pay them to do so. Some of the best pit bulls in history had no papers but the breeding history was true. Registries make money not good breeding history.

3. skratchr81

skratchr81 Big Dog

Re: How valueable is a dog with no papers?

crushbones is definitely right on this one. when them assholes took my dogs all they wanted was a whole lot of money or they were gonna kill my shit. they never once asked if they were registered or to see any paperrwork

4. Limey anyone can hang a pedigree as long as they own both dogs being bred or are in cahoots with the other owner. The only real way to know how a dog is bred is to do a dna profile on it and its parents.
    Lonewolf thinks like I do, you look at the dogs and the breeder and no paper can beat that.

Limey I'm very surprised that you would think that papers have any weight as to the quality of a dog.

5. Now that is Gods own truth right there!
    I can only add that what you will actually see will often times greatly surprise you as far as what you thought you would see lol.

6. Its kinda hard to explain.
    the dog makes the paper but who really wants a dog that they dont know where it came from or what its out of? its a PC many of us think that the papers make the dog more valuble it thats not false but what we fail to realize is that what are the papers without the dog

7. hi-tek kennels

hi-tek kennels Big Dog

Hell I no sum1 dat got a pup from da pound and made ch. Last year so hell no papers dont mean shit! Papers hell da hound dont even have Nuts!!!!!

8. Aries

Aries Pup

I say mate the dog. What you get is what ya get. It'll be a loyal and dedicated dog if you train it right. :)

9. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

If he a bulldog dogman won't question if you have an adba slip.. People should be breeding bulldogs not paper.. Just because you don't have the slip don't mean he less.. Ask the breeder to write out a pedigree and sign it saying the dog is bred as true as he knows and rock out..

10. I have a no papered dog and can't find a hunt for him.I do know where comes from I just don't have papers on o him. A hell of a dog I just started in this dog thing and so far he's my best dog. Was told by many dogman he can make ch.

11. c_note

c_note CH Dog

you shouldnt need papers to go hunting, just some trustworthy people

12. My opinion here,
    How valuable is a dog with no papers? AS VALUABLE AS THE DOG IS !! LOL i am not a breeder, even thought i do know some genetics and have burnt my eyes reading about genetics, it has been used towards gamefowl/racing pigeons but its all the same crap/ pedigree is a breeding guide dats all, if the dog is intended to be a breeder a pedigree is SOMEWHAT valuable to have an idea of what road to take, linebreed/ inbreed/outcross... if the dog is intended to be worked, pedigree is worhtless, if the dog is an ACE, the the pedigree is also worthless lol, one of the best ways to breed is BEST TO BEST, more than less of the times the results are above average....if an ACE dont work as a breeders the pedigree would have never made him a better brood animal ......
    so bottom line i think the pedigree is a breeding tool some what necesary for people with big genetic knowledge and breeding plans, for the average joe is more like a seling tool or a banner to sale the animal.
    if i had to chose from a dog that was working 8 out of 10 (without papers) and a dog working 7 out of 10 with great papers, i would chose to breed the BEST WORKER with out pedigree! BEST TO BEST is my breeding theme!!!
    that is my opinion

13. LivewireT

LivewireT Big Dog

if the dog has no papers he might as well be stuffed

14. old goat

old goat CH Dog

well look at your dog papers .because most well bred working dogs were not registered . that's just a simple fact .

15. If you breed this dog, keep the whole litter till they reach adulthood, only then will you find your dogs worth

16. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

You know what I do with the papers on my dogs??????
    Put them aside and forget about them until it´s time to have a look at!
    Thing what´s of importance to me, there are many paper hangers and cheaters out there but still me as a breeder I stand in with my name for what I have written down in a pedigree, so I would never buy a dog without a ped that shows me what the dog is made of, then I´ll wait how it turns out and then I´ll get back to the papers to decide what to breed him / her too.
    As far as changing peds faking peds etc. hell an honest man will give you the correct ped on the dog you are buying, if he fooled you, well then do what you have to do with this guy and whip his fucking ass.......
    But that´s just me!

17. Papers only really matter when you are into breeding because you should want to know what bloodline you are dealing with and what your pushing. If you are looking to push a bloodline you have to have papers how else would you keep track. When you are using a dog for a stud and you are advertising he open for stud people are gonna wanna see papers bottom line because there is some many other studs out here that does have papers.

thank you

18. DoggedOut

DoggedOut Banned

Most of our dogs are ADBA registered.We have some that are not but we handwritten peds on them.

19. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

If he's a good one an people start talking about him. I'm sure will want to breed to him. If not breed him to your females an take his offspring out an start showing them off. If people like what they see they will breed to him.

20. TenBears

TenBears Pup

75% of papers are false today, its the dog they want. pitbulls are mixbreeds.