1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

How much should a 4 month old puppy weigh if he's purebred?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Archies_mama, Jun 8, 2012.

1. I adopted Archie when he was 8 weeks old, he was born on February 22nd and he currently weighs 27.6lbs. I was told he's purebred but I feel like he's a huge puppy, also, his paws are gigantic. I love him regardless I was just a little curious. My friend has a 12 week old purebred pitbull puppy that he towers over. Thanks for your answers! I'm not trying to be ignorant, I just really genuinely am curious.

2. ashhhh.jpg Here are some pictures from earlier today if it would help.
    ashley.jpg

3. I didnt realize how horrible the quality was, i apologize.
    ashley.jpg

4. mjang212

mjang212 Pup

you cant really tell unless you see their pedigree but in my opinion he kinda looks mixed to me.

5. I thought he kinda looked like a lab when he was younger. Either way I love him just the same!

6. ABD456

ABD456 Big Dog

Its tough to tell, is he registered? His weight is not an issues my female puppy is also four months and weighs about same, she is registered and the breeder only has pitbulls. Although she is from a show line of pitbulls.

7. satnam1980

satnam1980 Banned

I do not recognize your puppy but according tom me try to contact local club and find out.

8. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

It varies there is no weight set in stone a good indicator is how big the parents were if you know what their weight was at full maturity that will give you an idea. However there is always a case where a dog or pup could be a throw back from generations back and be larger or smaller than the pups parents. On average the APBT can be anywhere from 25-60lbs full grown give or take a few pounds however there are always dogs that fall outside that weight range and doesn't mean they are not APBT's. It really depends on the family of dogs you are working with and how they were bred. The best thing I can tell you is this you don't have a pedigree or know how the parents are bred therefore it's really impossible to say one way or another what breed of dog you own. If it looks like a pit bull the media and the average person will say it is anyway regardless so love your dog don't worry about how big or small it is because you will never know one way or another what you have without a pedigree and even pedigree's are not always accurate depending on who bred the dog and why. So just love your dog and keep it at a healthy weight and you should have no problems with the pup in the future. Best of luck to you both!