1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

How Much More Work Do I Have?

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by bullybaby, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jadedpitgirl

jadedpitgirl Top Dog

This is true only in the AKC. Here are the standards from both ADBA and UKC

ADBA Standard:
    VII. Tail and Coat 5 points

A. Coat

1. Skin thick and loose around neck and chest, tight fitting elsewhere, showing vertical folds around the neck and chest even in a well exercised animal.

2. Short and bristled, the gloss showing overall health of the animal.

3. Color or any combination of colors, except for colors or color patterns known to be genetically linked to health problems.

B. Tail

1. Thick at the base, tapering to the point. It’s length should have the tail extending to the point of the hock.

2. Hang down like a pump handle when relaxed.

Major faults: Merle color pattern or albinism. (White dog, blue or pink eyes, lacks pigment)

Faults: Longer coat, fringed hair on tail or elsewhere, bobbed tail or any tail other than straight.

Disqualifications: Man aggression, one sided or both sided cryptorchid, spayed or neutered dogs

UKC Standard:
    Color

• Any color, color pattern, or combination of colors is acceptable, except for merle.

Disqualification: Merle

2. WWII

WWII Banned

Does this mean it has to have all of these traits to be a major fault, or does it just have to have one?

3. diva

diva CH Dog

that is a beautiful dog!

4. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

good leather collars at excellent prices.. www.huntsmart.com they have one inch and 2 inch leather collars, for $15 and a free nameplate engraved for you if you want..

5. bullybaby

bullybaby Pup

Merle is a disqualification, and then also albinism. Albinism being all white(no pigment), and either blue or pink eyes. You can't have an albino merle.

And thank you for the complement diva.

6. WWII

WWII Banned

I knew you couldn't have a merle albino (Although I'm sure people have tried :rolleyes: ). I was just wondering if it was saying that albinos are a fault (which I knew) AND a dog that was all white. It's not that clear how it's written.

7. jadedpitgirl

jadedpitgirl Top Dog

To clear it up a bit, the dog has to be considered albino. Albino is a dog that is white with pink skin and blue or pink eyes (showing all of these traits at once).

8. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Guest

9. diggit

diggit Banned

curious is to why rocksteady was banned? is she a puppymiller?...

i remember she always got on everyones case.

10. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

I would hope for what ever reason she got banned it would be between her and the management of this forum......however I do not believe "puppymiller" is appropriate here.

Rocksteady has always been there for me, I hope she will get the privacy she deserves with this question.

No offense to any one.

11. houstonapbt

houstonapbt Top Dog

Stop lying Hemi, she never "got on" anyones case. She is not a puppy miller and nor was she ever. She is a straight person and usually knows what she's talking about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.