1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

-->How much $$ do you spend<--

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by AGK, Nov 30, 2012.

1. i just got a bulk load 15kg bags of quality dry feed straight from the factory , that should last me a few months, i made a saving of about 10$ on each bag compared to buyin from a shop , i go through about 2 bags a month .
    i am currently feeding my dogs at a cost of about approx 20 cent a dog per day !

2. NGK

NGK Top Dog

About 50 cents a day not counting bullets.

[​IMG]

Fat as hogs

NGK

3. ATEXAN

ATEXAN Big Dog

$ 0.15 cents per day per dog. I feed a holistic grain free food. I just don't buy it like the majority of y'all. :vovvetliten:

4. SLCain

SLCain Pup

About 60p a day each dog,about £20 a month per dog,4 dogs ...Raw feeding + Taste of The Wild Kibble. And argh that math hurt my head lol

5. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

14 dogs and it cost about 300 a month in feed and about 50 a month in wormer. Not to mention flea stuff...hay for the winter days and other odd and end things that seem to happen. Long story short...If your in it for the money instead on the dogs then you might want to find another hobby. I feed kibble unless in keep.

6. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

the camps doin great over here agk.....been doin it for a couple months and havent looked back since....only complaint i have is a loose stool from time to time, but thats due to the lard conte nt and the amount of liver i was using...the hounds themselves look great though....

7. old goat

old goat CH Dog

no no bringbackup you were game enough in the bikini thread so you can tell us anything you want hihi . no no another girl would do it . so keepa scratchin girl .

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2012
  8. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Big Dog

bout $30 a day to feed the yard.

9. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

This thread isn't about all that other stuff, anybody who knows me knows what's up when it comes to the care of my dogs, my dogs eat before i do every day so dont get it confused. I don't make money off my dogs, never have for the last 15 or so years. I always go way backwards if and when I do a breeding.
    Hell, I turn 5 to 10 people a day down for pups and or adults, believe me if I wanted to make money off my dog's i could ball the fuck out here and internationally, but I aint in the dogs for money I got a job for that, fame, you'll go to jail for that and the dogs destroyed or any other reason other than a total devotion to what I'm doing out of passion and self gratification.
    I made this thread because I never did the math before and seen what I actually pay to keep them fed right and curious to know what other people pay, nothing more nothing less.......

Just so we're crystal clear. ;)

10. AGK

You buy straight from the company?

11. TopBox

TopBox Top Dog

Just so we are clear....I didnt point anything at you about the money. Just saying that they cost alot to take care of and if a person was in it for the money then they have alot to learn. Then again to each their own....if you want to sell 500 pups a year than so be it. Thats your choice just not the road im on and never will be.

12. MCS

MCS CH Dog

40lb bag of Diamond lasts about 65-70 days give or take. so about .45 cents a day for 1 house dog that is neither fat nor skinny.

13. AGK

I have to ask it, I'm a curious person by nature, why do you feed both rather than one or the other?

14. allaboutpitbull

allaboutpitbull Big Dog

how do you go about buying from the factory

15. AGK

Just making sure where on the same page. ;)

16. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

I spend about $1.5 a day feeding Fromms (kibble). I mix in fish or cocount oil for her omegas but I also mix in eggs or yogurt with k9 superfuel on the days shes working.

17. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

$0.80/day (4 cups) for my one dog, eating kirkland 40lb bag at $32 lasts him just over a month

18. mma316

mma316 Pup

The next time you try feeding raw, I'd trade the lard for Salmon Oil or Canola. I believe Salmon to be better. I believe that the rice is unnecessary. A little more meat and bone material. I also feed fish once a week, and different liver types once a month. I have a 43 lb. unconditioned male, he's 37 lbs.- 38 lbs. when conditioned properly. His daily meal consists of 1 whole chicken quarter, 1 chicken back, 2 chicken necks & 1 tbsp of Salmon/Canola oil. He looks better on this diet, than when I've fed Diamond Natural.

Ssdd likes this.
  19. SLCain

SLCain Pup

I dont feed it mixed together ,I do feed one or the other,just had to do some house moves and some personal things didnt have the same amount of freezer storage and time to prep the raw how I like,so i just feed them TOTW when I need to as thats my best Kibble,they get raw more often than not.

Ox heart and chicken backs I get the most.
    Lambs Hearts.
    Liver here and there.
    Sardines
    Deer antler marrow and a few other sups with added veg,mostly dark green.

20. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

$1.43 a day per dog. TSC 4 health. Plus free venison from my dad in the winter.
    I always try to toss an egg in once in a while.