1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

How I conditioned my dog..

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by DirtyD, May 26, 2011.

1. DirtyD

DirtyD Top Dog

I figured I would post up how I conditioned Diesel because I know a few of you are curious.

FOOD: I feed him EVO turkey and chicken

SUPPLEMENTS: I supplemented with Braggs ACV, salmon and fish oil (rotated every week) and K9 Super Fuel.

TIME: As far as what I did we worked for 1.5 months. I would give him one or two rest days a week depending on his performance and we worked for an hour and a half a day. Each work out was followed with a 15 minute hand walk to cool him down and a rub down to loosen up his muscles. He was fed a half hour after working out and got his super fuel to help with recovery time.

WORK: As for the type of work outs we include: running with the bike, incline e-mill, swimming, flirt pole, spring pole, hand walking, hand walking while dragging a 3.5lb chain & spring pole.

Here is an example of one days workout: bike ride with dog running next to it for 1hr 20mins followed by 10 mins of flirt pole 15 minute cool down hand walk rub down then food and supplement.

62lbs
    [​IMG]

58lbs
    [​IMG]

2. bb051491

bb051491 Pup

Great info, Thanks for the tips

3. mrstranger

mrstranger Big Dog

Looking good. Thanks for the info.

4. cliffdog

cliffdog Top Dog

Ya did a great job with him, looks like a whole new dog. Guess you're liking the SuperFuel huh, with results like that. May get some of that.

5. DirtyD

DirtyD Top Dog

I really like the Super Fuel. He could work longer, cool down faster, and I had zero problems with him cramping up.. worth every penny IMO

6. DirtyD

DirtyD Top Dog

thanks Boogie.

7. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

fantastic job with him. i'll keep your methods in mind next time i'm conditioning a dog. he looks great!

8. bauer

bauer Top Dog

It sure worked for you, your boy looks great...

9. Good looking dog. How often & how much feed does he get?

10. He looks damn good to be 62lbs. My pup is 14 weeks how soon should i start him on a workout plan?

11. DirtyD

DirtyD Top Dog

I would wait till 18months JMO. Dont want to mess up your dog.

12. DirtyD

DirtyD Top Dog

1.75 cups (sometimes less if its a lazy day) separated into 3 meals daily.

13. scottyh

scottyh Big Dog

how long was youir keep??

14. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

Very nice! Great job

15. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

1.5 months

16. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Great job. You kept him on kibble the whole time?

17. joelkckit

joelkckit Big Dog

beutiful dog. nice work sir. I like seeing dog in their condition weight. ;)

18. sweetscience

sweetscience Big Dog

ditry d your dog looks nice i love seeing a dog working and keeping in good shape. you mentioned e mill forgive me but you mean an electic tread mill? if you used the e mill what was the pace and how high the incline. thanks for your post !!

19. punch650

punch650 Big Dog

Me to please