1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

how does she look?

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by Sacredangel, Dec 20, 2006.

1. they are naturally lean, always have been. I dont know if you can tell in the pictures but their tummies can be seen easily actually. They were sucking them in since they were sniffing something.

I will up their food tonight since I will have the new bag of food. I was just being careful right now becasue I needed enough of their old food to mix in with the new.
    Thanks for the help!

2. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Wasnt looking at the stomach, theres plenty of room there, what was the indication they were being cut down to that weight by food reduction, rather then hard work was the hips, and spine showing with the stomach not being tucked, and looking "loose". Here is a picture example of what I like to see, on my housedog. Although this is an old picture, you get the idea of what to look for. Hips and spine not visible, muscles well-defined, and a slight tuck of the stomach.

Attached Files:

3. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

Science Diet is GARBAGE i REFUSE to feed that overpriced shit. For the price you are paying, go to a specialty feed store and pick up Canidae. This food is 10,000 times better than SD, and similar in price.

If you have Costco in your area, the Kirklands Super Premium Chicken and Rice is pretty much the same as Canidae for $17.00/40 pounds (this is what i feed my dogs)

JMHO

4. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

such a handsome boy! :D (but im sure you know this ;) )

5. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Thank you, he's just a fat housedog right now, that picture is a few months old. These Illinois winters are COLD! The chain dogs look like pot bellied pigs right now ;) LOL

6. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

I know what you mean! Mine look the same, its been between 2-10 degrees here at night the past little while. The "high" today is 22! :(

7. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

I too think she's a bit thin for her age. Here's my girl Diamond at that same age

[​IMG]

a little chunky and not a whole lot of muscle tone.....still a young pup at that age. Here she is 2 months later, nice and lean with a bit more muscle

[​IMG]

about a month after that, still lean with very nice muscle tone

[​IMG]

Like Miss Conduct said, switch to a good feed like Canidae (that's what I feed as well) and give her more than a cup and a half a day. Mine get 3 cups split into two feedings per day, unless they haven't had an active day due to weather or whatever, then they only get 1-1/2 cups. Right now as the weather is colder they get about 4 cups a day to build up a little fat.

8. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

With the kirkland food i feed my dogs (all dogs are between 40-53 pounds) 4 cups once daily in the winter, and they get between 2 1/2 - 3 cups in the summer depending on the needs of the dog. For a 7 month old with moderate exercise, i would feed 4 cups daily, and see how their weight looks in a week or 2, then decide whether to add or take away food.

9. I know I hate, hate SD. It is disgusting but like I said my mom was the one buying it and wouldnt buy anything else! I just bought a 40lb bag and Canidae and am in the process of switching them over.
    4 cups a day? really? Okay then, I have been feeding them just two(one cup twice a day) I will up it to two cups twice a day then!

10. SisMorphine

SisMorphine Big Dog

Start with 2 cups twice a day, and if they start to really chunk out go down to 1.5 twice a day. But at this point in their lives it would be better for them to have a little extra than not enough.

11. gatcha!
    Thanks for the help everyone! I will post a picture in a week and see if there is much of a difference!

12. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I'm just curious how it is working out with the insurance issues and all. Don't know if you ever said on the other board.

13. as I said before the insurance still doesnt know that we have them. Lana still needs a home but I think my mom is going to let me keep Sacred now! yay