1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

how does she look?

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by Sacredangel, Dec 20, 2006.

1. this is my 7 month old spayed pittie Sacred
    I want to keep her at a good weight and keep her active but she is soo lazy.
    what do yall think?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this is her sister Lana, lana is a ball of energy and is much easier to work
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Envy's Mom

Envy's Mom Top Dog

I think they are both beautiful! Not too fat. They look like they could use a little more muscle tone, but they are pups still so just feed a quality kibble and play with them. I would not do anything too strenuous. They are both beautiful pups. I like mine lean like that. They look good. Keep up the good work.

3. lana looks a little leaner but they both look pretty good IMO. don't over-do it as pups let them grow up before you start working them besides just normal playtime. anyway.....good lookin pups.

4. your doing a good job for her being a pup. I would just walk her and keep ler lean like she is maby add a little more mussle tone by doing the walks. Other than that she looks great good luck with her

5. I am going to get them some better food this week. Up until 2 months ago I didnt have a job and my mom was the one buying their food but now I have a job so I am going to get them some much better food(was feeding SD)

I walk them as much as possible. Around 3 to 4 times a week, I try everyday but I have three dogs and I walk them seperate so I dont always have time to walk them all like they should be. I am working on it though.
    I play with them around 20 to 30 mins with the flirt pole everyday though. I dont let them jump to much but all Sacred does is jump so its kinda hard to keep her feet on the ground! lol Lana on the other hand just loves a good chase.

6. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

I say they are a tad bit lean for 7 month old pups. I would add just a few pounds, and let them run and play for exercise. I wouldnt even start to "work" them for another year IMO. Let them have their chubby puppy stage :)

7. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Aren't these the pit bull mixes y'all got from a vet clinic as they were abdonedd and/or just needed a home? And then had an unnecessary surgery to crop their ears to make them look more like "pits"?

8. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Is your mom going to let you keep them?

9. the OP said they were spayed so wtf do you care for? you should commend her for giving 2 dogs a home instead of having to kill them.

10. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

The first one is a little too thin unless its doing something imo. I keep them just a bit over that in the summer, add 2-3 lbs. for winter. I dont know how cold it is where your at, but if those are recent pics I'd add a few lbs. just to help the body insulate itself.

11. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

If I remember right, the OP is in Alabama. Not sure how cold it gets there.

She looks fairly well for her age (Albeit a tad thin), but I wouldn't be trying to work her just yet. Let her be a pup. If she's living outdoors, I'd definately let them put some more weight on. But I agree with everyone else, pups should be chunky. Let 'em enjoy it.

12. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

What are you currently feeding them?

13. Marty

Marty Guest

You should use PMs in this case ;)

14. sorry! she probablly should too with her post don't ya think?

15. at this moment they are eating SD. I would say about a cup in a half(I actually use this big cup to feed them but I would say it would equal a cup and a half)

It has been in the 70s lately but it is suppose to be REALLY cold this weekend around 40/30 degrees.
    They stay inside!
    Sacred is around 40lbs and is 19-20" and Lana is 36lbs and is 17-18"

16. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

They dont look "bad" but theres no reason to keep a dog that thin all year round, especially in the colder months, and if they are just housedogs. A couple pounds will make them much happier overall, and get them to quit whining at the bowl. Bring em back down to about that weight come April or so.

17. SisMorphine

SisMorphine Big Dog

The first dog is definitely too lean, IMHO. They're just pups, no need to work on super conditioning at this age. Let them be pups, and make sure they have enough weight on them to be able to grow up healthy. The second dog looks good, but I would put a couple of pounds on the first one.

18. Wootness

Wootness Big Dog

Sacred looks a little lean! and lana looks okay!

19. dunlap

dunlap Big Dog

Just as most everyone else said, they are a little bit lean for pups. Pups should be a little bit chunky so if I were you, I'd up the food intake. And since the dogs are rescues and most likely not registered, why do you want them to be so lean? I know you wont be showing them or anything...Well I guess that's beside the point, just let em' be nowmal pups.

20. REACTiON

REACTiON Pup

try and add get your dogs a little chunky. if you have been trying then i guess their really isn't anything else you can do. the second dog looks like my boy kimo and looks as lean as him... it's hard trying to get him to put on weight i feed him 3 times a day 3 cups and he still isn't getting thicker. it's all genetics...