1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

How do you contain your Pit Bull(s)?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Marty, Nov 6, 2004.

?

How do you contain your Pit Bull(s)?

1. Chain

138 vote(s)
    49.1%
  2. Cable Run

25 vote(s)
    8.9%
  3. House

116 vote(s)
    41.3%
  4. Kennel

90 vote(s)
    32.0%
  5. Other

14 vote(s)
    5.0%
  6. Running Loose

13 vote(s)
    4.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Marty

Marty Guest

If other, please specify.

2. chain...........

3. pit stop

pit stop Pup

McDooser is a house dog. I have a 25x25 pen for him, but he seldom uses it.

4. SSandecki

SSandecki Pup

I got a 25' post & chain for Liea.

5. gator

gator Big Dog

I keep my bulldogs on a chain but I do have a couple of kenells I built that I keep one or two in at times,and I have this box aw never mind....

6. Texasbulldogs

Texasbulldogs Top Dog

I use a chain setup to contain the mutts. Links of the chains vary in lenghts from 9 feet to 30 feet.

7. nc_pitbulls

nc_pitbulls Big Dog

chains and kennels................

8. Bubba

Bubba Top Dog

Chain set ups here too, I feel that they are the best way to contain these dogs to keep them from hurting themselves and each other lol.

I use kennels for pups as well.
    BB

9. BDK

BDK oo7

chains are the best and most secure set up do not use bull snaps use a ring collar goes thru attached to good swivel and a good car axle buried on the other end on my adults i use 12ft 3/8 chain as for pup kennels work great and make good space for sick dogs also

10. badnews_VA

badnews_VA Big Dog

my two stay inside cause they will jump the fence and i can't put them on a chain

11. carson3535

carson3535 Big Dog

chain, house, Kennel and only when I'm outside they will run lose unless the female has to go outside in the morning and I'll let her out.

12. BDK

BDK oo7

why can you not put them on a chain?

13. SSandecki

SSandecki Pup

Anyone tried the invisible fence with pitbulls?

14. carson3535

carson3535 Big Dog

I had a friend tell me, it made his dogs angery and they would charge threw it and when they came back they couldn't get back over into the yard.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2004
  15. CRG

CRG Top Dog

i would'nt even think about using an invisible fence these dogs are to determined to get what they want.i do not think a shock would stop them from getting what they want imo.

16. MTNDOG

MTNDOG Big Dog

I keep my dogs in a fenced area on chains. The fenced area has a hot wire around the bottom so if they get off the chain they will HOPEFULLY stay in my yard. I live in an area with a lot of livestock and other animals and have had an accidetal llama attack happen. When you have dogs with high prey drives I think the chain is the only safe and effective contiainment.

17. iwallace

iwallace Pup

my 5 month old pup.is a house dog .

at the moment anyway

18. XxKonnectionsxX

XxKonnectionsxX Top Dog

I keep mine in the house. She's in the country running loose in the field at least two or three times a week.

19. ibcbt

ibcbt Pup

house and chain when outside

20. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

Chains for adults. Kennels for pups/sick dogs. And the two house Gargoyles protect the home and yard.