1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

how did you come up with your kennel name?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lrk, Sep 30, 2009.

1. lrk

lrk Big Dog

So how did you come up with your kennel name? I'm sure there is some interesting names and stories. My farm name came from the fact I had two seperate sets of cattle get struck by lightning on the same ridge. Hence the name lightning ridge angus farm and I figured LRK would fit nicely for lightning ridge kennels.

2. Marty

Marty Guest

I know I'm hated all over the world... but can you send a poor man some meat?

3. lrk

lrk Big Dog

Ha ha ha! Just means you've made an impact in some lives marty! And I am gettin ready to kill two around the first of the month! Yum yum!

4. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

Craigs List

5. Marty

Marty Guest

Don't tease me man LOL

6. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I threw what they are:
    American Gamedog
    in front of:
    Kennels
    about 13 years ago, simple and to the point. Not very interesting at all, sorry for the lack of a better story on our kennel name:D

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2009
  7. crazycooter

crazycooter Top Dog

my nickname

8. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

9. lrk

lrk Big Dog

Iv seen a lot of the lords miracles and it is hard to believe at times still when the devil grabs you. That was a great story abk.

10. CaesarIsis

CaesarIsis Top Dog

We have a small amount of dogs but we register under our "kennel" name, NorGeor Kennel. I guess its pretty easy to guess what that means though...North Georgia Kennel (pronounced nor-joor). Not very interesting lol, pretty simple.

cool thread btw.

11. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Kind of the same with me;just named for my location. Ozark Mountain Gamedogs

12. Pit Bull Pride

Pit Bull Pride Big Dog

Not silly at all....touching actually!

13. Me and a old partner of mine put an ad in the SDJ about 20+ years ago under the kennel name DiedLock Kennels I guess JK didn't like that name and changed it to dredlok and it stuck I was in my early 20ys at the time and thought it was cool at the time now one of the most asked ?'s when dealing with someone new is do I smoke the tweed :) now as if on Q my response is don't judge a book by its cover young man ;)!!!!

Now let's talk about those bombaclut bulldogs!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2009
  14. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

Shillelagh Law Game Farm ( used to just be Shillelagh Law Bulldogs)

- its pretty much the old irish rules of combat, a fair fight being the key. a hark back to my old boxing days as a youth.

15. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

Our is Northern Lights. We named it for the aurora borealis that we had in Maine. Being as our beginning dogs are all from that area.

Of course I didnt realize when I chose that name that it was a variety of Weed. lol. Get asked a lot if we smoke.

16. Lol, we seem to have the same sistuation!!!

17. NotaBlueHippo

NotaBlueHippo Big Dog

Kurless Inc. Covers my racing and kennel. Do i need to explain? lol

18. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Brindle Hide Kennels Most of my dogs were coming out Brindle at the time of the naming lol now i have mostly Red Nose dogs and one Brindle one left! :rolleyes::D

19. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

lol! yes we do.

I get funny looks from ppl who we meet about the name. If you see me you know I am not that person lol!

20. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

I alway had a saying when determining which dogs to pick out of a big bunch. So if it ain't a top shelf quality dog then why waste time, effort and space. Top Shelf Kennels: Had the name for 11 years but i didnt start using it publicly until recently.