1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

How are we doing?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Nina'sMom, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Nina'sMom

Nina'sMom Pup

I don't post as often as I'd like to but I come here daily to read what the community has to say and learn more about this breed. I was pretty out-of-the know before I got my girl 5 months ago but ever since she's opened my heart and mind to the real APBT, and this forum's been a huge part of my learning. I'm a HS senior so I don't have all the time I'd like to work with her but I try to do so and condition her when I can. We've only really started an exercise schedule in the last three months - she was 10 months when I got her and is 14 months now. Just looking for some input or suggestions. We do flirtpole, springpole, and she runs with me a few days of the week as I run track. Unfortunately gained back a few pounds since it's freezing out and sports have busied me.

[​IMG]
    IMG_2733edited by mwhaley7, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    IMG_2734edited by mwhaley7, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    IMG_2745edited by mwhaley7, on Flickr

[​IMG]

2. ragedog10

ragedog10 Top Dog

Looks nice and healthy to me happy too. In the winter time i keep my dogs heavy as it gets cold. Im assuming your hound lives in the house, just get a routine going a few days a week and stick to it. Also feed the best quality food you can afford, the raw diet is cheapbut it takes a little time to prepare it. Best of Luck Ole Man

3. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

I agree with what ragedog said, just get a routine that works with your schedule and feed a good food. Speaking on the raw topic, I saw a positive change in my dogs when I started feeding raw, it does take longer to prepare though. IMO it's a bonus that you're interested in keeping your dog in shape and looking to improve his workout regime. Dog looks healthy and happy!

4. ragedog10

ragedog10 Top Dog

The raw diet is a beautiful thing. Yis Ole Man

5. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

It is!! I wish I would have been educated on it years ago, that's my only regret with the diet.

6. Nina'sMom

Nina'sMom Pup

I'd love to feed a raw diet but there's no local butchers that sell cheap me where I live, and I don't think my parents are too keen to go to that length. So until then, I feed her Taste of the Wild Wetlands Forumla - keeps her energy up and her coat plush.

I can't wait until it gets warmer out again so we can start having longer days.

7. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I fed raw once. Then I heard someone coming up the drive-up. I stopped feeding raw.

8. ourgalsunday

ourgalsunday Big Dog

Some of the high quality dry feeds do a nice job also ,
    Your dog looks very happy about life.

9. Staub

Staub Big Dog

She looks good keep up the good work! Very impressive that you're in high school and still very dedicated to your dog that's great keep learning and have fun with her