1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Home protection

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terriers' started by DaksGT, Feb 27, 2012.

1. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

12 gauge shotgun is very effective..warning shot in the air is usually plenty..I got a Sorrells male that is protective and I dont want to put him in that position at all where he has to protect me..I am the protector of him.But i have no doubts he would step in if i was in a bad position.But we stay at home rarely go anywhere.

2. Herodog1

Herodog1 Top Dog

I feel any home owner should have a god given right to protect theirs and their families any way they see fit where ever they are from end of...

3. gypsyboy

gypsyboy Big Dog

This is one good thing about living on a gypsy site lmao

4. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

agreed...to bad big government dont feel that way. politicians have bodyguards...fucking hypocrites. their families deserve to be protected, but others dont?

5. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Dog meets gun or even baseball bat,dog loses. I'm sure several bad guys wouldn't think twice about doing away with a dog to get what they want. Dogs are for fun and sport IMHO, guns are for fun,sport and PROTECTION

We all have the right to,unfortunately the lawmakers don't always see it that way.I can promise the people wanting to rob or murder you want stop to worry about if they're entitled to own a gun legally.

If you have need to protect yourself,i wouldn't fire a warning shot.The other guy may just return fire at the shot.Shoot to stop the threat.

6. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

truth...when i took a course i was told to NEVER fire a warning shot. you will be held accountable for every round you fire, and bullets can do some crazy shit when you start sending them down range unaimed. if memory serves correct, a .22 is lethal up to 2 miles, and we havent even touched on what can happen if a bullet ricochets. warning shots are foolish, if you pull the trigger, make sure you are aiming at the crook. we were taught in my class, dead men tell no tales so its your word against a dead criminals

7. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I always fire a warning ...fired one off last week ..I had soomeone get shot in my front yard basically..i fired one shot in the air and said the next one counts and the crowd scattered problem was solved..thats not the first warning shot I fired..but no if someone is threatning me one on one thier will be no warning shot..but i wasnt involved in that particular arguement last Sunday but it was in my front yard so the warning shot was all it took...so it depends on the situation.I am talking from my past experiences things i have had to do.

8. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I can tell you something else its like Mike Tyson said everybody got a plan until they get punched in the mouth.you would be surprised how many will freeze up and thats just enough to get u killed.

9. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

The arguement in my front yard ..2 guys arguing over a woman..they have already fist fought 6 times in the last 3 months so one dude got tired of fighting so he shot the other one in the foot..thats what it was..i was asleep and got awoke by my dogs and thats what i woke up to lol..i was just gone tell the details I dont want yall to think I am a bad dude or somethin..but thats what happened.

10. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Sounds like they need to both find a new woman,lol She's having all the fun and they're doing all the fighting.

11. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

lol yep they need to find something thats for sure..they young and dumb.

12. There are dozens, perhaps hundreds of breeds, created solely for either protection of land/farms/livestock (being CAOs, Mastiffs, Kangals or other less common breeds which are used to guard entire villages of people) or personal/home protection suited better for urban areas (being Dobermans etc), so I don't agree dogs are not intended for protection. I know this isn't relevant really, being that we're talking about Staffords which are NOT made for guarding. I was just trying to get across that there are dogs who were created entirely to guard and protect.

PS I wouldn't fancy my chances even with a baseball bat faced with a pissed off CAO.

13. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

when walking Riot one night i faced off with protection breed (rottweiler)...i had a Walther 9mm and i loved my chances.
    he was gonna be a dead doggie, but lucky for him his owner came out crazy scared i was gonna shoot his mutt.

but yes, we're getting off topic..this thread is about home protection and you are right, thats not what the sbt was created for.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2012
  14. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

id like to add, i have knives that would completely penetrate a dogs chest cavity hitting vitals..in one side and out the other (not that id wanna try it LOL) so it doesnt take a gun to do a dog in..

the Buck Hoodlum..

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and a Kabar Fighter

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

15. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

if i couldnt have a gun to defend my family with a firearm, i still think a ballbat and a big knife would work if you were ever put in a situation like that. im one of those folks who plan on going down fighting. like i said...im the guard dog around here...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2012
  16. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

17. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

I've personally handled a 100 plus pound Rottweiler with a 2x4,I'm sure i can smash a dog skull with a bat and I'm sure that dog won't be as hard to hit as a fastball and I've hit plenty of those. But to be honest,I'd just shoot it,about the only time you'll catch me unarmed is in the shower,lol But this is about home protection and while I'm not interested in breaking in someones house,if I was I'd take a suppressed .22 and quietly dispose of the guard dog.If someone wants in,they'll get in. To me,I personally have no need of a home protection dog,like LeeD said,I'm the guard dog around my house.

18. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Nice knives

19. jacko

jacko CH Dog

i like these 2
    [​IMG][​IMG]

20. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

what kinda blade on those two knives?